View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 774 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2746747247647707717727737747757767777787848248741274 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 21671
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Face the Face is getting a deluxe. Has this been mentioned?

I know a few of you were talking about the story a few pages back and how you didn't like it...

But I'm looking forward to this collection

Also, Fables Deluxe 14 got a major price hike to 39.99 instead of the 29.99 it usually sat at. Yeesh
    Woof. That story is feces. Feces covered feces.

I wonder if it's just a new printing (the old trade was crap quality and it's long OOP, though still cheap on the secondary market because the story is feces) rather than actually an HC. These newer solicitations are supposed to be more accurate. We'll see. I own every Batman OHC there is, but I would have a really hard time buying this one.

Incredible Member

DC solicitations are very odd lately but I cant remember the last time an oversized hardcover came out that wasn't explicity labeled deluxe/omni/noir etc so I'm holding off any preorder of that superman book (and the batman and the outsiders book) until we get hard confirmation of the trim size.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

TEEN TITANS: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS Cover by KARL KERSCHL:

Collects TEEN TITANS #25-53; THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #94, 102 and 149: BATMAN FAMILY #6, 8 and 9; and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #205

That price tag of $125 at 776 pages has got to be wrong, right?

DOOM PATROL SILVER AGE OMNIBUS Cover by BRUNO PREMIANI:

Collects MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #80-85 and DOOM PATROL #86-124

BATMAN/TWO-FACE: FACE THE FACE DELUXE EDITION HC Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI:

Collects BATMAN #651-654 and DETECTIVE COMICS #817-820

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    DC solicitations are very odd lately but I cant remember the last time an oversized hardcover came out that wasn't explicity labeled deluxe/omni/noir etc so I'm holding off any preorder of that superman book (and the batman and the outsiders book) until we get hard confirmation of the trim size.
    I would say they just forgot. But then again they posted it nearly towards the end of the month, so they had plenty of time to double check everything.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I emailed DCBS about Batman and the Outsiders. They said that according to their system, it is not listed as oversized. I'm a little disappointed DC seems to be expanding their standard-trim hardcover offerings. I'd much rather have this material oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I emailed DCBS about Batman and the Outsiders. They said that according to their system, it is not listed as oversized. I'm a little disappointed DC seems to be expanding their standard-trim hardcover offerings. I'd much rather have this material oversized.
    I don't really get standard trim hardcovers at all. Just make it a fat tpb then.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I don't really get standard trim hardcovers at all. Just make it a fat tpb then.
    Completely agreed.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Standard hardcovers of old stuff?

Are DC really that dumb?

Seriously, someone please, for the love of god, find out who we can contact at their collected editions department to point out that we have money we want to give them, but they keep making it so damn hard!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Does anyone think that DC will release a fat TPB of Batman and the Outsiders? I'm not much on the HC's either. I prefer TP's and their lower price.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    Does anyone think that DC will release a fat TPB of Batman and the Outsiders? I'm not much on the HC's either. I prefer TP's and their lower price.
    If this does indeed end up a HC, I'll be tempted to skip it and wait for a TPB release down the road.

Same with the upcoming Superman: Man of Tomorrow HC; that one should really be a trade as well since it's just a continuation of the Man of Steel line...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Standard hardcovers of old stuff?

Are DC really that dumb?

Seriously, someone please, for the love of god, find out who we can contact at their collected editions department to point out that we have money we want to give them, but they keep making it so damn hard!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    I'd much prefer them to be oversized hardcovers

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If this does indeed end up a HC, I'll be tempted to skip it and wait for a TPB release down the road.

Same with the upcoming Superman: Man of Tomorrow HC; that one should really be a trade as well since it's just a continuation of the Man of Steel line...
    Unless they're planning on printing omnibus editions of the Man of Steel trades, then I'm completely okay with Man of Tomorrow being oversized and leading up to the Death of Superman Omnibus

Fantastic Member

I'M BACK! With another batch of solicitations (a little late, I know). Here are the HCs:

ALL STAR BATMAN VOL. 1: MY OWN WORST ENEMY HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by JOHN ROMITA JR., DANNY MIKI and DECLAN SHALVEY
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI
    Scott Snyder, the #1 New York Times best-selling author of BATMAN returns to the Dark Knight in ALL-STAR BATMAN! Batman finds himself trying to help his old friend Harvey Dent, a.k.a. the villainous Two-Face! The Dark Knight accompanies his sometime friend on a cross-country trip to fix his scarred face and end the Two-Face identity forever. But when the former Gotham City D.A. sets a plan into motion to free himself, what deadly secrets from the past will bubble to the surface? Collects issues #1-5.
    On sale APRIL 19 • 192 pg, FC, $24.99 US

BATMAN/TWO-FACE: FACE THE FACE DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by JAMES ROBINSON
    Art by DON KRAMER, LEONARD KIRK, ANDY CLARKE and WAYNE FAUCHER
    Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    Batman has returned to Gotham City after a year away following Infinite Crisis. Having entrusted the safety of his city to his former foe, Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two-Face, the Dark Knight believes he’s coming home to a safer city than he left. But after a string of brutal murders target some of Batman’s greatest foes, it becomes apparent that keeping your enemies close might not be in the best interest of the citizens Batman’s sworn to protect. Collects BATMAN #651-654 and DETECTIVE COMICS #817-820 in hardcover for the first time.
    On sale APRIL 26 • 200 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US

BATMAN/SUPERMAN VOL. 6: UNIVERSE’S FINEST HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and TOM TAYLOR
    Art by ROBSON ROCHA and DOUG MAHNKE
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    The final days of Superman are here! Batman and Superman are working to prepare the world for the loss of the Last Son of Krypton, but nothing can prepare the planet for what’s to come. The superheroes will find friends and foes as they traverse the Earth in a desperate last attempt to save the Man of Steel! Collects BATMAN/SUPERMAN #28-32, plus never-before-published stories originally slated to appear in BATMAN/SUPERMAN #33-34 and ANNUAL #3!
    On sale APRIL 5 • 224 pg, FC, $29.99 US

DOOM PATROL SILVER AGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ARNOLD DRAKE and BOB HANEY
    Art by BRUNO PREMIANI and BOB BROWN
    Cover by BRUNO PREMIANI
    The complete Silver Age adventures of the Doom Patrol, comics’ strangest super-team, is collected in a single hardcover! Led by their wheelchair-bound chief, Niles Calder, three outcasts of society—Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Robotman—take the qualities that made them freaks to become heroes. Together, the trio takes on bizarre menaces including General Immortus, The Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man and The Brotherhood of Evil! Collects MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #80-85 and DOOM PATROL #86-124.
    On sale JUNE 21 • 1,056 pg, FC, $99.99 US

FABLES: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK 14 HC
    Written by BILL WILLINGHAM
    Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM, STEVE LEIALOHA, ANDREW PEPOY, RUSS BRAUN, BARRY KITSON and GARY ERSKINE
    Cover by DANIEL DOS SANTOS
    In these tales from FABLES #130-140, Rose Red, as the human avatar of Hope, is inspired to gather her own knights and re-form the Round Table right on the Fables’ farm. Who will be her new recruits? As she tries to pull everyone together, a certain dead man has left his remains on the coroner’s table. A new era begins as knights arrive from every corner of countless worlds—but is Snow White destined to bring it all crashing down?
    On sale APRIL 12 • 264 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $39.99 US • MATURE READERS

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNWRAPPED BY JIM LEE HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JIM LEE
    Geoff Johns and Jim Lee’s JUSTICE LEAGUE gets the unwrapped treatment! In a world where inexperienced superheroes operate under a cloud of suspicion from the public, loner vigilante Batman has stumbled upon a dark evil that threatens to destroy the Earth as we know it. Now, faced with a threat far beyond anything he can handle on his own, the Dark Knight must trust an alien, a scarlet speedster, an accidental teenage hero, a space cop, an Amazon Princess and an undersea monarch. This unwrapped edition collects issues #1-6 and 9-12 of JUSTICE LEAGUE.
    On sale APRIL 26 • 248 pg, B&W, $39.99 US

SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW BOOK ONE HC
    Written by JERRY ORDWAY and ROGER STERN
    Art by JERRY ORDWAY, MIKE MIGNOLA, P. CRAIG RUSSELL, KERRY GAMMILL, BRETT BREEDING and others
    Cover by JERRY ORDWAY and DAVE GIBBONS
    In these tales that led to the “Death of Superman,” the Man of Steel faces foes including Brainiac, Lex Luthor and Silver Banshee. While Luthor attempts to manipulate Brainiac into doing his bidding, Superman is forced to stop an assassination attempt on Luthor. And Superman banishes himself from Earth when doubts about his own sanity begin to take hold. Collects ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #445-450 and SUPERMAN #23-27.
    On sale APRIL 5 • 272 pg, FC, $39.99 US

TEEN TITANS: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by ROBERT KANIGHER, BOB HANEY, PAUL LEVITZ and others
    Art by NICK CARDY, CARMINE INFANTINO, GEORGE TUSKA, JIM APARO, NEAL ADAMS and others
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    In these tales from the 1970s, the assassination of a world leader forces the Teen Titans to rethink their mission, leading to time travelling and cross-country adventure as they take on social issues of the day. This new title collects TEEN TITANS #25-53; THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #94, 102 and 149: BATMAN FAMILY #6, 8 and 9; and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #205.
    On sale JUNE 7 • 776 pg, FC, $125.00 US

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Unless they're planning on printing omnibus editions of the Man of Steel trades, then I'm completely okay with Man of Tomorrow being oversized and leading up to the Death of Superman Omnibus
    Is it oversized?? That I'm cool with too, but I thought it was standard. In which case I suspect sales won't be great, and the follow up volume will go straight to paperback...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES