View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 782 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2826827327727787797807817827837847857867928328821282 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 21671
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My end of year DC Collected Editions haul:

The Flash Omnibus was purchased at that glitch price ($33 or so) from amazon.com. I'LL probably call it a day at Vol. 2 of the Batman Golden Age Omnis, but will probably go further with Superman. I 'm a big fan of Superman, especially in OHC.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 12-31-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

The Flash Omnibus was purchased at that glitch price ($33 or so) from amazon.com. I'LL probably call it a day at Vol. 2 of the Batman Golden Age Omnis, but will probably go further with Superman. I 'm a big fan of Superman, especially in OHC.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!
    I loved Secret Identity. It might be one of the best stories Busiek ever wrote (imo).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I just bought the Secret Origins OHC a couple days ago. Funny coincidence.

Happy New Year, boys and girls.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Did Batman by Brian K. Vaughan get re-solicited from a hardcover to a softcover?

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Did Batman by Brian K. Vaughan get re-solicited from a hardcover to a softcover?
    Yup. Amazon and DCs website have it listed as softback/tpb. Preorder sales must have been EXTREMELY low, given BKVs fame of Saga and Batman's massive fame as it is. Which is sad because if BKVs name can't sell a Batman book, there's no good it can sell/create a new printing for his Swamp Thing run.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I loved Secret Identity. It might be one of the best stories Busiek ever wrote (imo).
    Agreed. Amazing book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Yup. Amazon and DCs website have it listed as softback/tpb. Preorder sales must have been EXTREMELY low, given BKVs fame of Saga and Batman's massive fame as it is. Which is sad because if BKVs name can't sell a Batman book, there's no good it can sell/create a new printing for his Swamp Thing run.
    They just recently printed his Swamp Thing run in a couple of fat TPBs within the past couple of years.

If the contents of the BKV Batman book are correct, then it just looks like a reprint of the False Faces collection. I can't remember if the initial HC solicit was a deluxe edition or not, but that would have been the only real upgrade for those who already own False Faces in HC.

They just recently printed his Swamp Thing run in a couple of fat TPBs within the past couple of years.

If the contents of the BKV Batman book are correct, then it just looks like a reprint of the False Faces collection. I can't remember if the initial HC solicit was a deluxe edition or not, but that would have been the only real upgrade for those who already own False Faces in HC.
    I can't remember if it was a Deluxe, I think that was Ruckas Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Agreed. Amazing book.
    Looking forward to reading it

BANNED

Just ordered Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Omnibus HC. The first order of the year 2017.

I actually have the first 3 volums of it as TPB and they were amazing, just so good. This run was what made me like The Teen Titans, my first introduction to them so it's a very special run for me. I had to have it as an Omnibus HC.

I like BKV and I know I read his Batman stuff but I don't remember it. Was it any good?

I do remember his Swamp Thing run. I read it monthly and it was certainly underrated and, sadly, he had to wrap it up quickly at the end. There was a great issue where Tefe meets Constantine and they clearly don't like each other but each of their abilities cancels out the others. The series was definitely ahead of its time and I don't think readers were ready for a Tefe series.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Just ordered Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Omnibus HC. The first order of the year 2017.

I actually have the first 3 volums of it as TPB and they were amazing, just so good. This run was what made me like The Teen Titans, my first introduction to them so it's a very special run for me. I had to have it as an Omnibus HC.
    This is a great book. I thought it was oop. I'm also looking forward to the new Wolfman/Perez collection.

BANNED

This is a great book. I thought it was oop. I'm also looking forward to the new Wolfman/Perez collection.
    will there be a new Wolfman/Perez collection ? i also have all 3 of their The New Teen Titans Omnibuses (thanks to Geoff Johns's run) but i didn't know that there will be new prints of Wolfman/Perez run.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    will there be a new Wolfman/Perez collection ? i also have all 3 of their The New Teen Titans Omnibuses (thanks to Geoff Johns's run) but i didn't know that there will be new prints of Wolfman/Perez run.
    I believe the exact wording is "new version". There were problems with the previous releases, so it might mean they fix those, but nobody knows for sure.

Incredible Member

I can't remember if it was a Deluxe, I think that was Ruckas Batman.
    I think Rucka's Death and the Maidens is getting a Deluxe HC soonish.