View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 785 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2856857357757817827837847857867877887897958358851285 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I don't know... And i think there isn't even a Green Arrow Rebirth Deluxe. There are just Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Hal Jordan and GLC, Superman and Justice League Rebirth Deluxes on Amazon. I'm surprised that they don't make one for Ollie and Wonder Woman since Ollie has his tv show, The Arrow and Wonder Woman is you know The Wonder Woman...
    Well to be fair, they only just announced WW V.2 for later this year. I think that's because the way the first arc is told, where all the odd number issues are one story, and the even numbers another story. Which means it'll take longer to collect one entire story for WW, than say Aquaman. So I'm sure they'll get to it. GA....I don't know about. That is odd. Maybe its not generating enough sales Wise thus far.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There was also that Snyder/Lee Superman story but that might have been before New 52.
    "Superman Unchained" Deluxe.

It was during the New 52.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I don't know... And i think there isn't even a Green Arrow Rebirth Deluxe. There are just Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Hal Jordan and GLC, Superman and Justice League Rebirth Deluxes on Amazon. I'm surprised that they don't make one for Ollie and Wonder Woman since Ollie has his tv show, The Arrow and Wonder Woman is you know The Wonder Woman...
    They could just be doing a few a month and we'll see more once the books for September and beyond pop up. I'd personally like to see Detective, Nightwing, WW, and Green Arrow.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Has anyone picking up Superman/Wonder Woman Vol. 5: A Savage End today? I'm intensely curious about the purported two extra issues that weren't released as floppies!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Has anyone picking up Superman/Wonder Woman Vol. 5: A Savage End today? I'm intensely curious about the purported two extra issues that weren't released as floppies!
    They were also included in the Superman Savage Dawn HC https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Sa...dp/1401270042/ so you might be able to find out more from a review of that book

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I wonder how that works...with the unreleased issues I mean.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    A couple of things to bear in mind here,

1) Your talking about over 75 years worth of comics, usually at least 2 a month (Detective and Batman), that is probably waaaay more comics than you realise
    2) of those 75 years of publishing it goes without saying that even Batman went through some pretty rough periods (it was even going to be canceled at one point in the late 60s)
    3) The writing style in the first 30-40 years of comics is so very different to anything thats out now that if your not already familiar with it it can be very jarring and unpleasent for some
    4) Not all of it has actually been reprinted, and some of it (a lot of the silver age stuff) is only available in black and white still.

If you still want to start from the very begining then DC are splitting the big Golden Age Omnibus into multiple smaller paperback volumes, the first of which can be found here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Gold...dp/140126333X/
    You might be right. I found some tpb's that are titled Batman in the 40's and then for each decade after that. I think I will go that route. Have you read any of those? Thanks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ales View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book 1 HC that's coming out in April. I much rather wait for a soft cover though. How likely is it that this title will come out in TPB?
    I'd like to know that too as I thought DC would just continue publishing in softcovers where John Byrne's run left off, I mean for them to go the hardcover route I expect to see some good supplemental extras.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ales View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Book 1 HC that's coming out in April. I much rather wait for a soft cover though. How likely is it that this title will come out in TPB?
    I'm afraid that if sales on this book aren't great, any subsequent volumes will go straight to TPB.

Since I don't want a mismatched vol. 1 in HC on my shelf, I'm probably going to wait and see what format vol. 2 is solicited in before committing to the first one.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Thanks for the answers on the new 52 deluxes

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Thanks for the answers on the new 52 deluxes
    Kind of strange how there wasn't more deluxe editions. Well Multiversity ... If that counts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Kind of strange how there wasn't more deluxe editions. Well Multiversity ... If that counts.
    It is and it isn't. DC is so strange with their choices for oversized editions.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    It is and it isn't. DC is so strange with their choices for oversized editions.
    Fair point. Especially with Omni's. I wonder if in the future there will ever be a sort of Retrospect collection on the N52. For example having the first full arc collected, such as Snyder's owl arc spanning 11 issues.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    They were also included in the Superman Savage Dawn HC https://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Sa...dp/1401270042/ so you might be able to find out more from a review of that book
    Ah, good catch! I didn't pick it up from the vague solicit text, but the indicia in the Kindle preview lists them explicitly.

I find it peculiar that DC hasn't released the issues digitally on Comixology and are using them exclusively as a hook in the collected edition. Perhaps a very subtle test for future release strategies?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Now that the JLA tpb's are done, I wonder if we will see omnibuses soon. It would be nice to make up for the Deluxe editions debacle.

We also seem overdue on Morrison Batman omnibus(es). Hard to say if I'd pick that up though...after the deluxe editions, regular hc's, and absolute editions.