View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 786 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2866867367767827837847857867877887897907968368861286 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 21670
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Now that the JLA tpb's are done, I wonder if we will see omnibuses soon. It would be nice to make up for the Deluxe editions debacle.
    Would go along nicely with the JSA omnibi too.

Now that the JLA tpb's are done, I wonder if we will see omnibuses soon. It would be nice to make up for the Deluxe editions debacle.

We also seem overdue on Morrison Batman omnibus(es). Hard to say if I'd pick that up though...after the deluxe editions, regular hc's, and absolute editions.
    I'll be gutted if they announce one soon. I've just started buying the trades for Morrison's run!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

As there is a lot of talk about the Morrisson JLA run recently: how is the run in general? I loved his Batman/New X-Men/ and a lot of his independet books. I had the chance to read the way OOP Crisis Omnibus in the Library of Congress last month (after having finished my research) and liked the story whereas I did find the Final Crisis event hard to access.
    So in short: buy the trades because it is a good run or are the opinions generally negative about his JLA work.

And another question that I had for you guys in the DC thread: I liked Brubakers Catwoman run a lot (as I do most of his work) but I saw that there are 3 more Trades by another author? How are those? Nosedive or completely different but also good?

Last question for today: with Rebirth getting the first trades (although I will probably wait for Hardcover editions in Summer but who knows which books will get this treatment): how are your opinions about the Nightwing run, Hellblazer (I hope it is better than the last abominations)? Any hidden gems?

Thanks for helping a Marvel guy out!

We also seem overdue on Morrison Batman omnibus(es). Hard to say if I'd pick that up though...after the deluxe editions, regular hc's, and absolute editions.
    Yes to both series in omnibus forms please

Quick question? The 2 Rebirth TPB's, Green Arrow and Superman, that are out now and listed on Instocktrades Deals on the opening screen for 50% off... How long do they generally stay on sale at 50% off vs the usual 45%?
    7 days? A couple weeks? A month? (hopefully)
    Just wondering how their new release books on sale works.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 01-04-2017 at 06:56 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Quick question? The 2 Rebirth TPB's, Green Arrow and Superman, that are out now and listed on Instocktrades Deals on the opening screen for 50% off... How long do they generally stay on sale at 50% off vs the usual 45%?
    7 days? A couple weeks? A month? (hopefully)
    Just wondering how their new release books on sale works.
    Just one week. They switch to new releases every week on Tuesday, generally around 2-3 PM ET.

EDIT: And the usual price is 42% off. The 45% sale rotates around between publishers, although on a longer time frame.
    Last edited by sakasko; 01-04-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    As there is a lot of talk about the Morrisson JLA run recently: how is the run in general? I loved his Batman/New X-Men/ and a lot of his independet books. I had the chance to read the way OOP Crisis Omnibus in the Library of Congress last month (after having finished my research) and liked the story whereas I did find the Final Crisis event hard to access.
    So in short: buy the trades because it is a good run or are the opinions generally negative about his JLA work.

And another question that I had for you guys in the DC thread: I liked Brubakers Catwoman run a lot (as I do most of his work) but I saw that there are 3 more Trades by another author? How are those? Nosedive or completely different but also good?

Last question for today: with Rebirth getting the first trades (although I will probably wait for Hardcover editions in Summer but who knows which books will get this treatment): how are your opinions about the Nightwing run, Hellblazer (I hope it is better than the last abominations)? Any hidden gems?

Thanks for helping a Marvel guy out!
    If you liked his Batman and New X-men then you should get JLA too. IMHO it's fantastic, very accessible and most people seem to love it as well. I had DCAU flashbacks while I was reading it which is a good thing since the DCAU is my favourite iteration of these characters, especially JL and JLU.

About Catwoman: my first ever Catwoman read was the Pfeifer run and that made me love the character but haven't revisited it since then and that was a good 7-8 years ago and I've change a lot since...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    I'm far from a Morrison fanboy -- I dislike parts of his New X-Men and dropped Batman after issue 666 -- and even I'll say that his JLA is definitely worth picking up. Part of it is that most of the characters had their own solo books at the time -- unlike NXM, where Morrison just wrote the characters the way he felt like, past characterization be damned, and could change whatever costumes and powers he wanted, in JLA he had to adhere to the changes going on in those characters' titles (electric Superman, etc). As far as I know he's never complained about that, but you have to assume it forced him to adapt his ideas and storytelling a bit, and I don't think that's a bad thing. (On the other hand, I know some people prefer "Morrison Unchained," and might see that as more of a negative.)

JLA still has a lot of the Morrison tics that people either love or... tolerate, like cramming fifty interesting ideas into a 3-part story, but I think it really benefited from some editorial control. It's good stuff, though certainly not as cerebral or trippy as some of his works. I'll happily revisit JLA (or Animal Man, or All-Star Superman) anytime, even if I have mixed feelings about some other stuff. I seriously doubt you'd dislike it, though you might perhaps be a bit disappointed if you're expecting it to be like some of his more independent work.

I know some folks were asking, I just listed my Peter David Aquaman binds on ebay. Details at comicbindingpro.com.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Talking of Morrison, it looks like the Animal Man Omnibus, after a couple of "quiet" reprints has finally gone OOP and already demanding pretty high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Kind of strange how there wasn't more deluxe editions. Well Multiversity ... If that counts.
    I know. Such a bummer. That's why I'm SOO pumped that DC is finally going the Marvel/Vertigo route for the Rebirth stuff! Last year DC had probably the smallest amount of deluxe editions I've seen from them over the course of a year. I think there were 8 deluxe editions released in all of 2016 (7, REALLY, since Green Arrow by Lemire deluxe was at the tail end of 2015).

This year, though? We have 16 in the pipeline from January to September 2017 (tentative, of course, but still)!

We got (going by Amazon US release date since their search functionality is so good):
    Batman: Death and the Maidens (January 31)
    Cosmic Odyssey (February 28)
    JSA The Golden Age (March 21)
    Batman: Ego and Other Tails (April 4)
    Batman/Two Face by James Robinson (April 11)
    JLA: Year One by Mark Waid (May 9)
    JLA The Nail/Another Nail (May 23)
    Batman by Azzarello and Risso (July 4)
    Action Comics Rebirth (July 4)
    Justice League Rebirth (July 18)
    Batman Rebirth (August 1)
    Aquaman Rebirth (August 22)
    Superman Rebirth (August 22)
    The Flash Rebirth (August 29)
    Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps Rebirth (September 5)
    Batman Year One (most or all of the content from the Absolute) (September 12)

So yeah. Great stuff. REALLY hope all of this really ends up coming out. Hard to tell with DC until we actually get there.
    Last edited by VanWinkle; 01-04-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Is there anywhere I can get the Starman series? THere's 2 ulti collections and I was wondering if there was more incoming.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Speaking of the Morrison Batman omnis, is Dick Grayson around? I have a buddy asking about his custom bounds

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Speaking of the Morrison Batman omnis, is Dick Grayson around? I have a buddy asking about his custom bounds
    He is around.

Email him: comicbindingpro@gmail.com
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    He is around.

Email him: comicbindingpro@gmail.com
    He's moving to Japan and is done with the binding business.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.