View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 787 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2876877377777837847857867877887897907917978378871287 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    He's moving to Japan and is done with the binding business.
    Yeah, that's why I just want to ask him if he has a.Morrison Batman omni pair, or when he's leaving/who to ask for future binding (his email). I'm not sure when he's moving.

I'm around still I don't actually have any Morrison Batman binds myself, though I've done some for others (I always figured DC would get around to some omnis one day, and figured I'd bind other stuff before I gave up and did that run myself!) Feel free to email me.

As far as going forward, I don't have info just yet, but hope to soon. If you follow my twitter, tumblr, and/or facebook, I'll be posting the info there once I have it (my handle at all of those is comicbindingpro.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I'm around still I don't actually have any Morrison Batman binds myself, though I've done some for others (I always figured DC would get around to some omnis one day, and figured I'd bind other stuff before I gave up and did that run myself!) Feel free to email me.

As far as going forward, I don't have info just yet, but hope to soon. If you follow my twitter, tumblr, and/or facebook, I'll be posting the info there once I have it (my handle at all of those is comicbindingpro.)
    Thanks bro. My buddy was lusting over your post where you helped do a bind for someone on those Omnis. I told him I'd inquire some more info. It then turned to me lusting, yet again, over some of the Omni's you do have. So sexy.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Here's a head-scratcher. Amazon has Batman The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 as a hardcover that reprints Batman Year Two ('Tec 575-578) and the Full Circle OGN. July 11, 2017. $49.99

Are they not wanting to use the "Year Two" title for some reason? Is this actually a hardcover? Will it be oversized? If this is Vol. 1, presumably they have other volumes in mind?

So weird. I'm waiting with bated breath to see what the Batman and the Outsiders volume is like. I have similar questions about that book, but Caped Crusader Vol. 1 is even more baffling.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Here's a head-scratcher. Amazon has Batman The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 as a hardcover that reprints Batman Year Two ('Tec 575-578) and the Full Circle OGN. July 11, 2017. $49.99

Are they not wanting to use the "Year Two" title for some reason? Is this actually a hardcover? Will it be oversized? If this is Vol. 1, presumably they have other volumes in mind?

So weird. I'm waiting with bated breath to see what the Batman and the Outsiders volume is like. I have similar questions about that book, but Caped Crusader Vol. 1 is even more baffling.
    That's just bizarre.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post

Year Two was erased from continuity thanks to Zero Hour. I imagine DC wants to separate any confusion when following Batman chronologically. The Long Halloween is considered a follow up more these days. I'm guessing DC is publishing some old Batman stories in this caped crusader series, because they don't quite fit elsewhere.

Although to be fair, I also read that Batman Zero Year is now the official Batman origin story....so...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    After "conversating" with several here & on the DC Comics part of the board, I asked if I could go from 2011 flashpoint straight into Rebirth (whenever I finally got to that point in reading stories). Most said yes, but several said I needed to read the new52 green lantern for sure and I think some of Batman? (I'll have to eventually go back and reread posts). Then a few others pointed out partial good runs of JL, Batman, Grayson, Aquaman, etc etc. and I should give them a chance.
    Then after Thanksgiving, while at the shopping mall I decided to give a new52 book a chance. I grabbed the first Suicide Squad.
    I really liked the first issue. I like SS just never got to collecting yet...but will when all the older series gets done releasing in TPB.
    Anyway, liked the 1st issue in it, hated the 2nd issue, complete reversal, but the liked the next ones as they got good again and here I am still undecided and no clue as ever on whether to skip or read the new52. My favorite themes are JL, Batman, Superman, GL, Teen Titans, Flash, Hawkman/Hawkgirl and Green Arrow, but others as well.
    All you need of N52 Suicide Squad (aside from Ostrander's 80s run) is Tim Seeley's trade (the best Squad since the 80s imho, A-List art and writing) and Ales Kot's trade. The rest of it reads like a really mediocre action movie. There's no fun or memorable character moments.

Two amazing other villain titles are Brubaker's Catwoman and Gail Simone's Secret Six (not Vol.2 which is N52 continuity)
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-05-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Spectacular Member

Thank you all for the input about Morrisson's JLA and the second half of the Catwoman trades before New 52.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Hey, gang. Some of you know me from the Marvel thread, where I'm much more active as a total Marvel Zombie

I've been enjoying some of the Rebirth books, so I decided to expand the collecting guides on my site to include DC Comics. I've just published the first pair - a complete guide to the collections from Rebirth and New 52. They're the first of 52 planned guides - you can see a few hints at the others on my DC main page.

Since I'm not much of a DC expert, they took a lot of research and reading! If you notice anything amiss or think I can improve things, I'd be happy to hear your comments or suggestions. I'm also going to try to be more active in this thread so I can learn more about DC's various collection lines to help me with building other guides.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Year Two was erased from continuity thanks to Zero Hour. I imagine DC wants to separate any confusion when following Batman chronologically. The Long Halloween is considered a follow up more these days. I'm guessing DC is publishing some old Batman stories in this caped crusader series, because they don't quite fit elsewhere.

Although to be fair, I also read that Batman Zero Year is now the official Batman origin story....so...
    Yes . . . unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes . . . unfortunately.
    It wasn't a bad story...I just didn't really enjoy it. It lasted WAY too long. Its strange because a comic like Long Halloween is 13 issues and doesn't ever feel drawn out. By issue 7 if Zero Year I was bored.

Yes . . . unfortunately.
    Even as someone who really liked the Red Hood and Dr. Death parts of the story, its laughable to even compare it to Year One. And I hate praising Miller.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It wasn't a bad story...I just didn't really enjoy it. It lasted WAY too long. Its strange because a comic like Long Halloween is 13 issues and doesn't ever feel drawn out. By issue 7 if Zero Year I was bored.
    LOL, I'm not sure if you liked it or not. Way too long and boring.
    That's how I felt. Although add in "overwritten, pretentious and unnecessary" and you pretty much sum it up.
    They took something that was fixed and stood the test of time (Miller's Year One) and essentially broke it.

That's part of Snyder's problem: He likes to **** on everything, whether it's good or bad. I'm not even going to get into the three Joker thing or this new Two Face duality.

I like his American Vampire. I wish he'd stay the **** away from Batman. Same with King.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Hey, gang. Some of you know me from the Marvel thread, where I'm much more active as a total Marvel Zombie

I've been enjoying some of the Rebirth books, so I decided to expand the collecting guides on my site to include DC Comics. I've just published the first pair - a complete guide to the collections from Rebirth and New 52. They're the first of 52 planned guides - you can see a few hints at the others on my DC main page.

Since I'm not much of a DC expert, they took a lot of research and reading! If you notice anything amiss or think I can improve things, I'd be happy to hear your comments or suggestions. I'm also going to try to be more active in this thread so I can learn more about DC's various collection lines to help me with building other guides.
    Jesus, Krisis. You're a madman!

If you're looking for a chronology site, http://www.dcindexes.com has pretty much every DC issue up until rebirth. Its been useful for me as a resources.

By the way, do you know of any good chronology sites? I've been looking for an up to date one for Marvel for a while, but the best one I've seen, http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/, is only around 2008/2009.
    Cyclops was right

LOL, I'm not sure if you liked it or not. Way too long and boring.
    That's how I felt. Although add in "overwritten, pretentious and unnecessary" and you pretty much sum it up.
    They took something that was fixed and stood the test of time (Miller's Year One) and essentially broke it.

That's part of Snyder's problem: He likes to **** on everything, whether it's good or bad. I'm not even going to get into the three Joker thing or this new Two Face duality.

I like his American Vampire. I wish he'd stay the **** away from Batman. Same with King.

But I digress.
    It was enjoyable...in a way if you give me a summary, its pretty great. Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham, uses his training to take on the Red Hood gang, and then the Riddler pushes Gotham into a primal jungle wasteland and has a battle of the minds with Batman. That sounds amazing! But...actually reading it? Its Boring. Its over the top and very fun...but its poorly executed.

I don't mind Snyder truing bold new directions, but yes, why try to make a "better" Batman origin story? I suppose the argument can be made the same with all these Wonder Woman origins. Regardless, Year One was deemed the definitive origin.