View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 789 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2896897397797857867877887897907917927937998398891289 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,835 of 21670
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Thanks for the DC chronology link! Although, looking at Wonder Woman on the one you linked, it doesn't seem to even get through her Post-Crisis series - maybe I'm using it incorrectly. I've been referring to http://dcuguide.com/, which drops off a bit after Infinite Crisis.

For Marvel Chronology I exclusively refer to http://www.chronologyproject.com/, but it trails off after 2010 for most characters. It's not the most modern of websites (what I wouldn't give to fix it up!), but it matches 99% with Marvel's own Official Indexes, so it's good enough for me
    You're the man, Krisis Brown!

Wondy volume 4 was a mess. It restarted from number one, almost immediately went into crossover mode, then after Gail Simone did her run, they renumbered to 600 and let JMS reboot the whole franchise for some reason. it made no sense, so they reversed it, then immediately (like halfway through the final issue) tried to transition into Flashpoint. As usual when the mess around with Wonder Woman's continuity, it was a train wreck.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Capullo did artwork for Iced Earth??
    yeah, that's the CD cover I had:

also McFarlane worked for Korn IIRC and Alex Ross made some Anthrax covers. Probably the.re are more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Capullo's art is like Quitely's. 3dimensional, you can almost touch it. Normally I don't like busy panels but Capullo makes it work. Especially like mustached Jim Gordon and Zero Year's Jarhead Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Sounds plausible. I guess we should be grateful that they still call it Batman Year One and not something else. With the new Year Two volume, I wish they'd just called it "Fear the Reaper" like the old trade. I worry that this Volume 1 will just end up being a shelf orphan.
    Entirely possible. Fear the Reaper sounds much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah, that's the CD cover I had:

also McFarlane worked for Korn IIRC and Alex Ross made some Anthrax covers. Probably the.re are more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
    I know Ross did some Antrhax covers. Damn that looks pretty good.

Incredible Member

Im in the UK so this particalur price drop dosnt affect me but the people over at the MMW forums were saying that the Amazon price of the Brave and the Bold Omnibus very briefly dropped to $37.11 on Christmas day and it looks like they were right http://camelcamelcamel.com/Batman-Br...context=browse

Another win for those of us who like to get speculative pre orders in on Amazon to take advantage of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Im in the UK so this particalur price drop dosnt affect me but the people over at the MMW forums were saying that the Amazon price of the Brave and the Bold Omnibus very briefly dropped to $37.11 on Christmas day and it looks like they were right http://camelcamelcamel.com/Batman-Br...context=browse

Another win for those of us who like to get speculative pre orders in on Amazon to take advantage of these things.
    I actually have that on order from amazon.com and I've saved a couple of quid compared to the uk site. I think they had a coupon as well at the time but not sure.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...en-arrow-2017/

Mike Grell:
    Now, if I can just talk DC into letting me write the book… and a hard-cover edition for the 30th anniversary of THE LONGBOW HUNTERS would be nice
    I would be all over this. I freakin love Grell. He was one of the creators that got me into comics. Green Arrow, Warlord, Sable, Stayslayer. I own all that.

I would definitely be down for a deluxe LBH. And an Absolute. And an Artist Edition. Yes, all three of them.
    Last edited by ER Prest; 01-06-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...en-arrow-2017/

Mike Grell:

I would be all over this. I freakin love Grell. He was one of the creators that got me into comics. Green Arrow, Warlord, Sable, Stayslayer. I own all that.

I would definitely be down for a deluxe LBH. And an Absolute. And an Artist Edition. Yes, all three of them.
    Thanks for the added context. I will never click a BC link.

Does that mean Grell wants to get back in on the GA title?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It sounds like he's just campaigning for an anniversary edition for Longbow Hunters as opposed to another ongoing assignment.

After 5+ great years with the character, I'd be afraid his return could end up like Waid's Flash or Levitz's Legion, and mar a fondly remembered legacy...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It sounds like he's just campaigning for an anniversary edition for Longbow Hunters as opposed to another ongoing assignment.

After 5+ great years with the character, I'd be afraid his return could end up like Waid's Flash or Levitz's Legion, and mar a fondly remembered legacy...
    Being that GA has his 75 anniversary, and theb a 30th anniversary of this, it should be done. With Arrow having a massive fan base, you'd think it would happen.

Thanks for the added context. I will never click a BC link.

Does that mean Grell wants to get back in on the GA title?
    He's going to be doing alternate covers for the current run now.

The last bit was just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

This is entirely possible. His return to Warlord a few years ago wasn't bad, but it also wasn't what it was before.

Okay, for Johns' JSA run, would you all recommend trades or the omnibus? I've never owned an omnibus but I don't like the idea of having to read such a large, awkward item. Also, if the quality is subpar and is prone to breaking (unlike a trade), then I'll pass.

Also, for reading Johns' Green Lantern run, would you suggest also reading Green Lantern Corps? I'm always open to reading good stories, but if they aren't a major factor in events and if they're not great, I'd rather just read through GL as it is cheaper and a lot of the trades for GLC are out of print.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    He's going to be doing alternate covers for the current run now.

The last bit was just wishful thinking.

This is entirely possible. His return to Warlord a few years ago wasn't bad, but it also wasn't what it was before.
    Oh man, I never new he was still in the comics game. I should really get around to reading his run. Are any of his tpb fat DC trades like the way they're doing them now? Or are they regular sized?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Okay, for Johns' JSA run, would you all recommend trades or the omnibus? I've never owned an omnibus but I don't like the idea of having to read such a large, awkward item. Also, if the quality is subpar and is prone to breaking (unlike a trade), then I'll pass.

Also, for reading Johns' Green Lantern run, would you suggest also reading Green Lantern Corps? I'm always open to reading good stories, but if they aren't a major factor in events and if they're not great, I'd rather just read through GL as it is cheaper and a lot of the trades for GLC are out of print.
    For JSA, I'd say the omnibus books. And honestly, trades, which are glued, are more prone to "breaking" or falling apart than the current omnibus books, which are sewn.

For GL, I highly recommend reading GL Corps, Emerald Warriors, and the rest of the tie ins/interconnected books along with the main GL title. It's the main reason I've held off on those omnibus books, I feel they're incomplete without the companion series issues.

Oh man, I never new he was still in the comics game. I should really get around to reading his run. Are any of his tpb fat DC trades like the way they're doing them now? Or are they regular sized?
    As far as I know the current trades of his GA series collect 10-12 issues. Could be wrong though. I don't buy them as I have the singles. But I really should buy them to support it