View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291795791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 21672

Wow, I'm surprised by the Superman Unchained deluxe. I'll be getting that and For All Seasons. Let's see more deluxes!

Yeah, Pride of Baghdad has never had a Deluxe HC before, but I'm excited we are getting one.

Superman: For All Seasons is my favorite Superman book ever; can't wait to get a nice edition of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Superman Unchained Deluxe edition is tempting, but surely Jim lee's art (let's not talk quality, but brand name) surely should justify an Absolute in 1-3 years?
    You're right. It's Jim Lee. It will go Absolute whether it should or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Pride of Baghdad already got a deluxe release? I was only aware of the original HC which was standard trim (which I currently have) and the trade that followed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I too thought that there was only a regular hardcover available and no deluxe yet. I can wait till the end of the year though...
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Yeah, Pride of Baghdad has never had a Deluxe HC before, but I'm excited we are getting one.

Superman: For All Seasons is my favorite Superman book ever; can't wait to get a nice edition of it.
    Hmmm perhaps I was imagining it when I read an oversized hardcover of it. I've also seen it for sale on a local auction site, maybe it's not published by DC?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Hmmm perhaps I was imagining it when I read an oversized hardcover of it. I've also seen it for sale on a local auction site, maybe it's not published by DC?
    Sometimes a comic will get a better treatment internationally. I remember seeing a Spanish Absolute Ex Machina, for example.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Sometimes a comic will get a better treatment internationally. I remember seeing a Spanish Absolute Ex Machina, for example.
    WHAT? What dark god have I angered that the US was not blessed with an Absolute Ex Machina? That sounds amazing.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

So I've got about $55 sitting in my Paypal account, burning a hole in my pocket. I was planning on getting Absolute ASBAR, but then IST put the Stern Spidey omni on sale for 50% off, which, when combined with my extra 2%, rounds out to $60. Heckuva deal. Thing is, Absolutes tend to hold their value a lot better than most Marvel omnis. This sudden price drop in the Stern Spidey omni makes me think that that book is overstock and the prices will drop even further down the line. So, while I'm pretty sure the Absolute ASBAR price will stay where it's at for a while, I don't know if I can get an even better deal on Stern Spidey if I hold out longer. Which book do I buy now?
    Thoughts on my dilemma?

So I've got about $55 sitting in my Paypal account, burning a hole in my pocket. I was planning on getting Absolute ASBAR, but then IST put the Stern Spidey omni on sale for 50% off, which, when combined with my extra 2%, rounds out to $60. Heckuva deal. Thing is, Absolutes tend to hold their value a lot better than most Marvel omnis. This sudden price drop in the Stern Spidey omni makes me think that that book is overstock and the prices will drop even further down the line. So, while I'm pretty sure the Absolute ASBAR price will stay where it's at for a while, I don't know if I can get an even better deal on Stern Spidey if I hold out longer. Which book do I buy now?
    Thoughts on my dilemma?
    Buy the book you want to read.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Buy the book you want to read.
    Thoughts on my dilemma?
    Yep, buy the book you most desire.
    But if you want both a lot I'd say get the Spidey omnibus. Why? It's part of a series of the Bronze age omni's and all of those are or oop and going for insane prices (Simonson Thor, Uncanny X-Men and Daredevil before the reprint), or starting to go oop (Iron Man ), or getting a reprint because they are going for insane prices (Daredevil and Uncanny X-Men). So if the Stern Spidey follows that trend (I personally think it will since it's popular content) it will probably rise in price gradually until it's going for $150+ in a year or 2
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thoughts on my dilemma?
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yep, buy the book you most desire.
    But if you want both a lot I'd say get the Spidey omnibus. Why? It's part of a series of the Bronze age omni's and all of those are or oop and going for insane prices (Simonson Thor, Uncanny X-Men and Daredevil before the reprint), or starting to go oop (Iron Man ), or getting a reprint because they are going for insane prices (Daredevil and Uncanny X-Men). So if the Stern Spidey follows that trend (I personally think it will since it's popular content) it will probably rise in price gradually until it's going for $150+ in a year or 2
    Yeah I pretty much agree with what Victor wrote. The Spidey Stern Omnibus will skyrocket in price once it goes OOP. And the question you have to ask yourself is if you don't buy it now, when will you buy it? Wait for it to go clearance? Not so sure about it happening with this one. I don't think Marvel will let this go to clearance, although, anything can happen. At the end of the day, which book would you like to see adorning your shelf?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You're right. It's Jim Lee. It will go Absolute whether it should or not.
    Hmm, it's going to be a mighty thin Absolute, but yeah ithat won't stop DC making it an Absolute.

I was hoping it would get the OHC treatment. I read the first 4 single issues and enjoyed the writing. Lee's art isn't his very best but it's still pretty good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Superman Unchained Deluxe edition is tempting, but surely Jim lee's art (let's not talk quality, but brand name) surely should justify an Absolute in 1-3 years?
    If you want to pay over $100 for 9 issues, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hmm, it's going to be a mighty thin Absolute, but yeah ithat won't stop DC making it an Absolute.

I was hoping it would get the OHC treatment. I read the first 4 single issues and enjoyed the writing. Lee's art isn't his very best but it's still pretty good.
    Green Lantern Rebirth.
    If you can get the deluxe for half off - $15 - that's not a bad deal for 9 issues.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Green Lantern Rebirth.
    If you can get the deluxe for half off - $15 - that's not a bad deal for 9 issues.
    Or Identity crisis
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Hey guys, havent really been paying attention to whats been happening for a while. Now that a new team is on Wonder Woman, has DC announced anything about collecting Brian's run in deluxe or another other special format?