View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 796 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2966967467867927937947957967977987998008068468961296 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I wonder why the sudden interest in Vertigo trades being reprinted. I mean its great. But suddenly new prints of Shade, finishing up Hellblazer, the announced BoM reprints. I can't help but wonder if Vertigo is on its way out. Especially with Young Animal kind of being what Vertigo was some 20odd years ago.
    I have two guesses. First I think YA is very heavily influenced by Vertigo series and they try to cross promote. Like when the Suicide Squad movie came out and they reprinted Bronz and Silver age books for that even though they had very little to do with the movie's story.

Second: I think they realised how under represented or oop most of the books are and graphic novels are a growing market in bookshops and Vertigo in its prime was the series that appealed most to the bookshop crowd, reaching out to general audiences (or at least to the intelligent side of it).

Hey guys! I see The Flash Silver Age Omnibus vol 2 is out on IST.
    $49.99 this week.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have two guesses. First I think YA is very heavily influenced by Vertigo series and they try to cross promote. Like when the Suicide Squad movie came out and they reprinted Bronz and Silver age books for that even though they had very little to do with the movie's story.

Second: I think they realised how under represented or oop most of the books are and graphic novels are a growing market in bookshops and Vertigo in its prime was the series that appealed most to the bookshop crowd, reaching out to general audiences (or at least to the intelligent side of it).
    That's definitely true. I wish they released the content faster. They aren't new series, you'd think it wouldn't take so long.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Hey guys! I see The Flash Silver Age Omnibus vol 2 is out on IST.
    $49.99 this week.
    Did they ever do a reprint with the new dust jacket for Flash Silver Age Omni vol.1?
    This material, like the GL Silver Age Omnis, has been done prior. I'm a bit perplexed, especially with this Flash release and no seemingly reprinted vol.1 Hardcover Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did they ever do a reprint with the new dust jacket for Flash Silver Age Omni vol.1?
    This material, like the GL Silver Age Omnis, has been done prior. I'm a bit perplexed, especially with this Flash release and no seemingly reprinted vol.1 Hardcover Omni.
    This Silver Age Vol. 2 is a direct continuation of Vol. 1, whereas GL Silver Age is a new edition covering the contents of the original Vol. 1 and most of Vol. 2. They didn't reprint Flash Vol. 1 unfortunately. It was the same with Justice League of American Silver Age. Old style Vol. 1 and new style Vol. 2.

I actually made a new dust jacket for JLA vol 1 in the style of the other omnis:

That's definitely true. I wish they released the content faster. They aren't new series, you'd think it wouldn't take so long.
    Isn't there at least one Vertigo trade every month? I think they just don't want to flood the market and overwhelm their costumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I actually made a new dust jacket for JLA vol 1 in the style of the other omnis:

Wow, that looks really dope. Got any more?

Wow, that looks really dope. Got any more?
    Aren't his designs amazing??? I love them!

While I don't plan on doing any dust jackets for my future binds, I do have a question about it. Just nosey.

Dick Grayson? Or, anyone here that does binding with dust jackets...

When the bindery makes the dust cover, does the paper and texture feel similar to what comes on our actual Omnibus's?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Aren't his designs amazing??? I love them!

While I don't plan on doing any dust jackets for my future binds, I do have a question about it. Just nosey.

Dick Grayson? Or, anyone here that does binding with dust jackets...

When the bindery makes the dust cover, does the paper and texture feel similar to what comes on our actual Omnibus's?
    The ones Houchen does feel identical to me. They're laminated and everything like the ones you get with official releases.

I'm planning to do a similar one to Flash Vol1 once I get scans of Flash vol 2 as well.

The ones Houchen does feel identical to me. They're laminated and everything like the ones you get with official releases.

I'm planning to do a similar one to Flash Vol1 once I get scans of Flash vol 2 as well.
    This really wants me to go out and get the full Amethyst run and have it bound and everything. That would look beautiful on the shelf. The dust jacket alone would be amazing.

Hey Dick Grayson, do you ever do custom artwork to the hardcover as well? Like, the actual cover of the book?

This really wants me to go out and get the full Amethyst run and have it bound and everything. That would look beautiful on the shelf. The dust jacket alone would be amazing.

Hey Dick Grayson, do you ever do custom artwork to the hardcover as well? Like, the actual cover of the book?
    Yes, look at the comic binding thread or my site linked in my signature. It's almost solely what I do in terms of design.

Yes, look at the comic binding thread or my site linked in my signature. It's almost solely what I do in terms of design.
    I always peek into it, but I suppose I miss it. I'll take a look. I always walk away with a nerd boner after looking at your goods.

Awesome job. If I had that Omnibus, I'd immediately print that out.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Awesome job. If I had that Omnibus, I'd immediately print that out.
    Thank you sir!

I always peek into it, but I suppose I miss it. I'll take a look. I always walk away with a nerd boner after looking at your goods.
    Ha, thanks (I think!) There's not really any difference designing dust jackets versus art-on-cover except dust jackets have flaps.