View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 799 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2996997497897957967977987998008018028038098498991299 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    Hmm, that's a shame, I was really hoping for the Marz' run. Hopefully DC will get there someday. Thanks for the info.
    If they continue down this road, it's only about 4 books away. They're already solicited the next book, http://amzn.to/2joNTvt, which is 1-12 of the monthly. Marz started writing at issue 48, so it's really not that far off if they continue

stumbled upon a sealed copy of The Invisibles omnibus for $50 at the lcs today and decided to pick it up. I know how polarizing it is but I figured for that price it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    If they continue down this road, it's only about 4 books away. They're already solicited the next book, http://amzn.to/2joNTvt, which is 1-12 of the monthly. Marz started writing at issue 48, so it's really not that far off if they continue
    It might take some time, but hey, there's always Geoff Johns run to keep you busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    stumbled upon a sealed copy of The Invisibles omnibus for $50 at the lcs today and decided to pick it up. I know how polarizing it is but I figured for that price it's worth a shot.
    That's an excellent price, damn

Excellent price, but I prefer the Deluxe Hardcovers. That omnibus doesn't have the best binding (gutter loss) and since there are other ways to enjoy it in deluxe format, I went with those instead. But still, great pick up and hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I like some of the build up but you're right - it's fine on its own.
    The lead-up to Infinite Crisis was the last time I was REALLY into DC. Was digging so many of their books then.

Does anyone know where to find a copy of Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green? I can not find it anywhere, it's the only book I'm currently finding trouble in locating.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    The lead-up to Infinite Crisis was the last time I was REALLY into DC. Was digging so many of their books then.
    Countdown to Infinite Crisis? Its really well written.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Slightly on topic, the contents of Green Lantern Silver Age Omnibus, Showcase 22-24 and GL 1-35 or Showcase 22-24 GL 1-45?
    I'd have to double check to be 100% sure, but I want to say it collects thru 45. I distinctly recall comparing the contents to the previous two GL silver age omnis, and deciding against the new printing since it was all a double dip.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Does anyone know where to find a copy of Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green? I can not find it anywhere, it's the only book I'm currently finding trouble in locating.
    Its way out of print. Last time I checked it was going for like 50 bucks minimum.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Yep, the build-up to Infinite Crisis was excellent, as were many of the tie-ins. Countdown to IC plus the four mini's were all good in their own right, made IC richer and bigger, *and* launched good series' after the event.

Honestly the pre and post-Infinite Crisis era was the last worthwhile time for the DCU. Once Flashpoint started it's been all downhill since (with the exception of a few random titles).

Yep, the build-up to Infinite Crisis was excellent, as were many of the tie-ins. Countdown to IC plus the four mini's were all good in their own right, made IC richer and bigger, *and* launched good series' after the event.

Honestly the pre and post-Infinite Crisis era was the last worthwhile time for the DCU. Once Flashpoint started it's been all downhill since (with the exception of a few random titles).
    I really agree. The whole Infinite Crisis era was a total high point for DC in terms of universe building and line wide stories, but also individual character stories. A lot of good stories were going on then

I'm getting a similar feel with the current Rebirth initiative

I really agree. The whole Infinite Crisis era was a total high point for DC in terms of universe building and line wide stories, but also individual character stories. A lot of good stories were going on then

I'm getting a similar feel with the current Rebirth initiative
    Coincidentally, IC had this theme about how the DCU had become way too dark and grim and bleak, compared to it before. And now Rebirth is doing that to the N52. Hm

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Its way out of print. Last time I checked it was going for like 50 bucks minimum.
    Is it essential reading? If not, I'll skip it.

All-New Member

With Jones' recent publicity I'd say chances are Volume 2 is quietly cancelled and never spoken of again.