View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 800 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3007007507907967977987998008018028038048108509001300 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Is the One Million Omnibus good both story and binding?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Is it essential reading? If not, I'll skip it.
    It's a fun story, but it's not essential as far as the main story is concerned. You can skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    That's Emerald Dawn I and II by Gerard Jones, which leads to the main 90s series, also started and written by Jones

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/g...vol-01-tp.html

CGN lists the same info
    Technically Jones only scripted the Emerald Dawn issues; Keith Giffen plotted them (aside from ED I #1 which was wholly written by Owsley/Priest). Jones did write all of the first 4 years if the ongoing GL series though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Does anyone know where to find a copy of Green Lantern Corps: The Dark Side of Green? I can not find it anywhere, it's the only book I'm currently finding trouble in locating.
    Yeah, it's the only Green Lantern TP missing in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yep, the build-up to Infinite Crisis was excellent, as were many of the tie-ins. Countdown to IC plus the four mini's were all good in their own right, made IC richer and bigger, *and* launched good series' after the event.

Honestly the pre and post-Infinite Crisis era was the last worthwhile time for the DCU. Once Flashpoint started it's been all downhill since (with the exception of a few random titles).
    Ha ha, in other words, once the New 52 started it all went to hell. Yes, definitely agree.

Bought Absolute Blackest Night off eBay for £36 including p&p and it's just arrived... He advertised it as slightly water damaged but the only bit I can find is a very small bit on the outer slip case, and even then it's unnoticeable if you weren't' looking for it.
    Very happy with this and the price

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

The Infinite Crisis omnibus was an absolutely incredible read from start to finish. The entire scope of that story was nothing short of epic. It's maybe (almost definitely) the best event in comics, and unlike nearly the others, actually lived up to all it promised. Every single part of the DCU got involved and had consequences. I would never want to read the Absolute version, it's missing so, so, SO much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    The Infinite Crisis omnibus was an absolutely incredible read from start to finish. The entire scope of that story was nothing short of epic. It's maybe (almost definitely) the best event in comics, and unlike nearly the others, actually lived up to all it promised. Every single part of the DCU got involved and had consequences. I would never want to read the Absolute version, it's missing so, so, SO much.
    It's a shame they won't reprint it then

I bought Absolute Infinite Crisis because I thought an event that big/story that good deserved the Absolute format and I liked having it next to my Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths. While having everything in one book is nice, with Infinite Crisis there are so many tie-ins that I prefer reading the different tpbs's interspersed throughout, some of which the Omnibus leaves out.

...or maybe I'm just justifying this being the one book I didn't grab before it went oop...

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    Excellent price, but I prefer the Deluxe Hardcovers. That omnibus doesn't have the best binding (gutter loss) and since there are other ways to enjoy it in deluxe format, I went with those instead. But still, great pick up and hope you enjoy it.
    There actually isn't any gutter loss in the Omnibus, the binding is quite nice and it always lays flat. It's the deluxe editions I'd worry about gutter loss, as those are all glued binding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I feel the complete opposite. I love the Absolute and hated the tie ins in the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    There actually isn't any gutter loss in the Omnibus, the binding is quite nice and it always lays flat. It's the deluxe editions I'd worry about gutter loss, as those are all glued binding.
    Yea you're right. I try to be extra careful with those glued binding hardcovers

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Is the One Million Omnibus good both story and binding?
    The binding is the same as with every other DC event Omnibus, so it's not great but okay. I've yet to finish reading it though. Tried twice but there's soooo much filler in there. Loved the IC omni front to back, and 52 and Death of Supes were similar. But One Million is such a drag...

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Bought Absolute Blackest Night off eBay for £36 including p&p and it's just arrived... He advertised it as slightly water damaged but the only bit I can find is a very small bit on the outer slip case, and even then it's unnoticeable if you weren't' looking for it.
    Very happy with this and the price
    gah! that's a great find!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    The binding is the same as with every other DC event Omnibus, so it's not great but okay. I've yet to finish reading it though. Tried twice but there's soooo much filler in there. Loved the IC omni front to back, and 52 and Death of Supes were similar. But One Million is such a drag...
    so weird, I've only read the paperback version and it felt likee it's missing half the story. Is there a perfect way to read this?