View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 803 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3037037537937998008018028038048058068078138539031303 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 21672

I asked for an All-Star Squadron and An All-Star Comics that included the stories from Adventure Comics

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    I'm talking about the way it's written, not the use of it as a part of his character. It feels a bit too on the nose, if you know what I mean.

The only part of New 52 I'm interested in is Lemire's stuff and I've been itching to grab the deluxe hardcover but just haven't yet. From what I can tell, that's really the only part of the New 52 that has had lasting effects on Rebirth.
    I can see that. I didn't feel that way, but I think you've read more of it than I have so far. I could see his approach to it starting to grate if Percy isn't careful.

Jeff Lemire's run was Vols 4-6 of the New 52. From like the second page after he took over, nothing in Vols 1-3 mattered anymore (or ever again). Vol 7 was the terrible trade where a writer of the Arrow show (Andrew Kreisberg) took over the title and made it match the show as closely as possible. It was awful and empty, and when he left Percy treated it as if it never happened when he took over for Vol 8 & 9. Vol 8 & 9 were simply terrible comics. Percy doesn't seem to have referenced anything that happened in them in his Rebirth run so far . . . but to be fair, that's because nothing happened TO reference. Like, really. Nothing important happened. Simple, bad stories that leave nothing to build off of. It's hard to overstate just how bad Vols 1-3, 7-9 of the New 52 Green Arrow series was.

But Lemire was pretty great. It isn't the real Green Arrow--Ollie doesn't act like Ollie--and it borrows ideas heavily from, among other places, Batman and Frank Miller's Daredevil, but it's a good, exciting, fun story, with personal drama, real stakes, character evolution, and consequences. And that's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Are you telling me I don't have to read the terrible 6 story arc that mirrored the Arrow TV show, or the weird warewolf/race that was connected to GA? Any other Rebirth books you're reading? I'm making my list, and I thus far have 13 Definitives, 8 no, 8 maybes and 3 Trys.
    God no. Do yourself a favor and act like none of that stuff even exists.

I've read Superman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman so far (the first tpbs). Superman was AMAZING. Hard to overstate just how good it is. It was definitely the best of these. Never, ever thought I'd be saying a Superman title is probably the best thing DC's publishing--because if any of the others end up being better than this, I'll be shocked. Green Arrow we've been discussing; it's awesome. Aquaman isn't so great, but neither is it bad. Abnett doesn't have as firm a grasp on the character as Johns or Parker, or any stories as good theirs to tell, at least not yet.

Wish Batman wold show up in the mail . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I can see that. I didn't feel that way, but I think you've read more of it than I have so far. I could see his approach to it starting to grate if Percy isn't careful.

Jeff Lemire's run was Vols 4-6 of the New 52. From like the second page after he took over, nothing in Vols 1-3 mattered anymore (or ever again). Vol 7 was the terrible trade where a writer of the Arrow show (Andrew Kreisberg) took over the title and made it match the show as closely as possible. It was awful and empty, and when he left Percy treated it as if it never happened when he took over for Vol 8 & 9. Vol 8 & 9 were simply terrible comics. Percy doesn't seem to have referenced anything that happened in them in his Rebirth run so far . . . but to be fair, that's because nothing happened TO reference. Like, really. Nothing important happened. Simple, bad stories that leave nothing to build off of. It's hard to overstate just how bad Vols 1-3, 7-9 of the New 52 Green Arrow series was.

But Lemire was pretty great. It isn't the real Green Arrow--Ollie doesn't act like Ollie--and it borrows ideas heavily from, among other places, Batman and Frank Miller's Daredevil, but it's a good, exciting, fun story, with personal drama, real stakes, character evolution, and consequences. And that's what counts.

God no. Do yourself a favor and act like none of that stuff even exists.

I've read Superman, Green Arrow, and Aquaman so far (the first tpbs). Superman was AMAZING. Hard to overstate just how good it is. It was definitely the best of these. Never, ever thought I'd be saying a Superman title is probably the best thing DC's publishing--because if any of the others end up being better than this, I'll be shocked. Green Arrow we've been discussing; it's awesome. Aquaman isn't so great, but neither is it bad. Abnett doesn't have as firm a grasp on the character as Johns or Parker, or any stories as good theirs to tell, at least not yet.

Wish Batman wold show up in the mail . . .
    Upset to hear about Aquaman. Abnett on the character excited me. I was waiting for V.8 of the N52 to read. Speaking of prereading, should I read that Superman and Lois trade before Superman Rebirth? I know its clearly stated"Road to Rebirth", but does it really live up to be read as well?

I've heard a lot of good things about Superman. Not a big Supes fan myself, but all these good things are hard to ignore. Its on my "Try" list, which means I'll purchase v.1 and then see how I like the series from there. Flash V.1 is released tomorrow, and I hope.its good. 8 issues for $18 is hard to pass up.

I asked for Firestorm the Nuclear Man by Ostrander Omnibus
    "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth"

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Upset to hear about Aquaman. Abnett on the character excited me. I was waiting for V.8 of the N52 to read. Speaking of prereading, should I read that Superman and Lois trade before Superman Rebirth? I know its clearly stated"Road to Rebirth", but does it really live up to be read as well?

I've heard a lot of good things about Superman. Not a big Supes fan myself, but all these good things are hard to ignore. Its on my "Try" list, which means I'll purchase v.1 and then see how I like the series from there. Flash V.1 is released tomorrow, and I hope.its good. 8 issues for $18 is hard to pass up.
    Yes, absolutely read the Superman: Lois & Clark trade before Rebirth. Not only is it basically required, it is also very awesome itself.

Superman hasn't been this good in . . . uh . . . ever? That's a strong pronouncement to make so early, but it might be true. All the great Superman stories are Elseworlds stories or origin minis, so this might honestly be the best his regular title has ever been. Definitely since Byrne, at any rate.

This is the Superman story you've always wanted to read, you just didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Yes, absolutely read the Superman: Lois & Clark trade before Rebirth. Not only is it basically required, it is also very awesome itself.

Superman hasn't been this good in . . . uh . . . ever? That's a strong pronouncement to make so early, but it might be true. All the great Superman stories are Elseworlds stories or origin minis, so this might honestly be the best his regular title has ever been. Definitely since Byrne, at any rate.

This is the Superman story you've always wanted to read, you just didn't know it.
    Thats high praise! But given that it is Peter Tomasi, I believe it. The dude wrote a steller GLC, and Batman and Robin. I'll add L&C to my list as well. This means that, by fan base, Batman is the worst series of the DC Trinity. Never thought I'd see that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I added The Question by O'Neil and Cowan (to the post BA list) and Fourth World by Kirby (to the BA list.)
    The Question by O'Neil !!! Definitely!

among my most wanted DC Omnis:
    Aquaman by Peter David
    The Question by Rick Veitch
    Saga of the Swamp Thing Omnibus
    JLI Omnibus

is there a new release date for the Len Wein Swamp thing omni?

Picked up the Flash V.1 Rebirth today. Looking forward to my first Rebirth book. I'll post a mini spoiler free review when I'm done.

Thats high praise! But given that it is Peter Tomasi, I believe it. The dude wrote a steller GLC, and Batman and Robin. I'll add L&C to my list as well. This means that, by fan base, Batman is the worst series of the DC Trinity. Never thought I'd see that happen
    Superman is truly great. I wasn't a big fan of the two-part Dinosaur Island and Sinister Purpose stories, but the opening arc, the Super Sons arc and the current Multiplicity are done so well.

I only read the Rebirth issue of Wonder Woman and it didn't click with me, so I haven't picked up the ongoing and can't attest to its quality, but I really enjoy Batman. It can be a little sluggish, but the stories are pretty creative.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Flash. There are moments which make it read better in singles but moments that make it read better in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Superman is truly great. I wasn't a big fan of the two-part Dinosaur Island and Sinister Purpose stories, but the opening arc, the Super Sons arc and the current Multiplicity are done so well.

I only read the Rebirth issue of Wonder Woman and it didn't click with me, so I haven't picked up the ongoing and can't attest to its quality, but I really enjoy Batman. It can be a little sluggish, but the stories are pretty creative.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Flash. There are moments which make it read better in singles but moments that make it read better in trade.
    I just came off Waids Flash, so that's what I have fresh right now. My friend got me the Wonder Woman Rebirth issue, because I was worried they wouldn't include it in the V.1 trade (at the time they kept advertising it on the final.volume instead) and it was okay, but just set up for everything, obviously. In a few hours I'll gather mY thoughts and talk more about the Flash.

Edit: just so I wouldn't triple post, here's my quick review of the Flash, spoiler free.

Was it good? Yes! I enjoyed it immensely. I heard people didn't enjoy it because Barry is too moody and gloomy, and while that is true to an Extent, there are many times he's excited or happy, or you can see his mile wide smile. Its flawed with its plot twist, and some characters could have been fleshed out a little more, but an otherwise good Start. A lot of mystery to having me waiting for V.2, especially the Rebirth connection as a whole, with The Flash and Batman teaming up. Wally West of old comes into play early on, but decides to go visit his old friends, the Teen Titans instead of with Barry. Decisions like these have ME confused, but maybe I'll find more answers in the Titans title. Overall, the art was fun. The concept was fun, and the story was fun, albeit predictable at times.

Saying any more would involve spoilers and wouldn't be a "short and quick" review. At $17.99 US, you get 9 issues, which is a steal! Its definitely worth picking up. A bit of a warning, at the back of the trade contains some concept art...there's a pretty massive spoiler in it. So avoid looking at the art gallery until you've completed it. I don't think it was meant to be intentional, and its not a dead give away...but if you look at it for a few seconds. Its revealing.
    Last edited by Vilynne; 01-18-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Sorry for the double post, but I received this as well. Some listings of V.1 rebirth titles.

http://i.imgur.com/Xls01IJh.jpg

I know the upcoming non-omnibus hardcover collections have been briefly discussed before, but with the Batman and the Outsiders just a few weeks away, it seems that, according to amazon, it's standard size: http://amzn.to/2iFs1iK which is a bummer, and a pass for me. I'll wait for the paperback in that case

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I know the upcoming non-omnibus hardcover collections have been briefly discussed before, but with the Batman and the Outsiders just a few weeks away, it seems that, according to amazon, it's standard size: http://amzn.to/2iFs1iK which is a bummer, and a pass for me. I'll wait for the paperback in that case
    Yes, I was disappointed - but not surprised - to learn this as well. It's been a pattern with the recent Batman hardcovers, which is unfortunate. I'll pass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, I was disappointed - but not surprised - to learn this as well. It's been a pattern with the recent Batman hardcovers, which is unfortunate. I'll pass as well.
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the Superman book as well as the LoSH book, among others, will be the same.

Which is really freakin lame

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    not unexpected and while it's a bit sad I will still take it. Really liked what I've read in the showcase volume but the quality of the book is atrocious so even a standard hc is a pretty big step up for me.