View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 81 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485911311815811081 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 21672

Hi guys,

So I had a chance to start 'The Anatomy of Zur-en-Aarh - Understanding Grant Morrison's Batman' last night, and after a few pages, I can confidently say it looks like a solid read. Each issue is explained within a few pages pages - not bad.

I'm posting these two paragraphs regarding his first Batman issue to give you an idea of what's got me enjoying it. This book is exactly what I need before I go through Morrison's run again. The opening of the book talking about Morrison in general has even got me interested in reading The Invisibles in its entirety, and there's a commentary book like this that should ease me into it.

photo.jpg
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    The opening of the book talking about Morrison in general has even got me interested in reading The Invisibles in its entirety, and there's a commentary book like this that should ease me into it.
    Now that has some content that's hard to deciphere. I think I should read that book too before I read The Invisibles the third time.
    Last edited by Balakin; 07-17-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    It is baffling that we don't have some kind of oversized Snyder Batman yet.
    Naw, what's baffling is that there is not one single freakin' Batman omnibus.

I'm posting these two paragraphs regarding his first Batman issue to give you an idea of what's got me enjoying it. This book is exactly what I need before I go through Morrison's run again. The opening of the book talking about Morrison in general has even got me interested in reading The Invisibles in its entirety, and there's a commentary book like this that should ease me into
    I've been curious about this. You just sold me. Thanks!

I read "Grant Morrison the Early Years" and "Our Sentence is up: Seeing Grant Morrison's Invisibles" last year and thoroughly enjoyed them. The Early Year really helps get you in Morrisons head. I also have "Curing the Postmodern Blues." It is a commentary on Morrisons The Filth. All three books are available as kindle editions for around 5 or 6 dollars.

Also, Kevin Smith did a series of interviews with Morrison that are available on Smiths "Fatman on Batman" podcast. They are absolutely priceless in helping understand not just Morrisons take on his own Batman work but also how Morrison views other works like The Killing Joke, DKR and DKSA. Without any spoilers, Morrison has an extremely cool and different take on The Killing Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Now that has some content that's hard to deciphere. I think I should read that book too before I read The Invisibles the third time.
    http://www.amazon.com/Our-Sentence-U...1GAYBSYG94ZFEG

image.jpg

I could not recommend it more. I actually stated reading it before starting my third reading of The Invisibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Our-Sentence-U...1GAYBSYG94ZFEG

image.jpg

I could not recommend it more. I actually stated reading it before starting my third reading of The Invisibles.
    Yeah, it's a must buy I think Also the Curing the Postmodern Blues. The Fatman on Batman podcasts convinced me that I have to read Morrison's work. I was a hater before those.

Yeah, it's a must buy I think Also the Curing the Postmodern Blues. The Fatman on Batman to me podcasts convinced me that I have to read Morrison's work. I was a hater before those.
    Smith is doing the good Lord's work.
    That podcast completely opened my eyes to the Batman animated series.

Smith is doing the good Lord's work.
    That podcast completely opened my eyes to the Batman animated series.
    BTAS is awesome but JL and JLU is just the best thing that could happen with the DCU.
    Fatman is good but Smith's crying about touching stories got old quickly and he is doing it more and more.

Incredible Member

Finally got my hands on Gotham Central Volume 2 Hardcover and well under cover price too, eBay alerts really do pay off.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Finally got my hands on Gotham Central Volume 2 Hardcover and well under cover price too, eBay alerts really do pay off.
    Nicely done. That's gotta be the best volume in my opinion. It has one of the greatest (I'm talking top 5) Joker stories I've ever read in it. Enjoy!

BTAS is awesome but JL and JLU is just the best thing that could happen with the DCU.
    Fatman is good but Smith's crying about touching stories got old quickly and he is doing it more and more.
    But how can you not find his enthusiasm infectious?
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight; 07-19-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Attachment 6126

Mmmm. Yummy. How about some old-fashioned reading for a change?

(Sorry for the poor pic quality. My phone's getting a little tired of life.)
    Started this last night. Good stuff so far. It seems well researched.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Only the internet would begrudge a man for being too enthusiastic about the things we all love.
    My problem is that he is doing it all the time, it's like a catchphrase (he even has a catchphrase to it: "dude you gonna make me cry" or something like that). It's not effective anymore. But maybe it's just the weed.
    But I won't send him mean tweets of fb comments or anything. Just my opinion.

My problem is that he is doing it all the time, it's like a catchphrase (he even has a catchphrase to it: "dude you gonna make me cry" or something like that). It's not effective anymore. But maybe it's just the weed.
    But I won't send him mean tweets of fb comments or anything. Just my opinion.
    Yeah, I can see how that could be bothersome. Also, yeah, it's definitely the weed.

Started this last night. Good stuff so far. It seems well researched.
    My initial plan was to read the entire book and *then* re-read the comic run, but I later felt that that would take the fun out of it. So, I've decided to purchase the trades (Batman & Son already on its way), read one issue at a time, try and understand what it means, and *then* open the book and have that issue explained to me. So I'm sort-of using the book as a puzzle solution guide, which I think would be a far more engaging way to re-experience this run.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).