View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 818 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3187187688088148158168178188198208218228288689181318 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense then. If it was to just replicate the floppy then I understand the second book but not if it's just to print on lower quality paper. I'm so confused. I'm gonna have to hold off until the new deluxe. I have the most recent deluxe but I don't like the glossy paper. Maybe the new deluxe will just be like book 1 of the absolute.
    Even if it were an oversize floppy replicate I am not sure it will be understandable. The original comics can be found for less than half the price of this absolute edition. Hiring someone to redo the original coloring on the B&W ink pages would have been the right thing to do (but it cost more than simply scan floppies, which by the way I could have done with my printer with the same quality).

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I managed to find a starman trade that is oop. Go foe it?
    if it's the tpb version of the omni then yeah, but I think the regular trades don't collect all the necessary issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Even if it were an oversize floppy replicate I am not sure it will be understandable. The original comics can be found for less than half the price of this absolute edition. Hiring someone to redo the original coloring on the B&W ink pages would have been the right thing to do (but it cost more than simply scan floppies, which by the way I could have done with my printer with the same quality).
    Yeah but I don't collect floppies. Never have, never will. I like official products too. I don't buy a lot of absolutes but I love the story and art so I was going to get this. I know people are criticizing it as who would want to pay for this but this sort of release is tailor made for goofs like me and I'm not afraid to admit it, nor did the price scare me off. Even though I said I will wait for the deluxe since there are a lot of other books that can take priority, I don't rule out buying this before the Deluxe if I can get a deal somewhere. I am, after all, the kind of guy that owns four versions of Kingdom come and four versions of TDK lol

But I agree with your general sentiment. This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I know people are criticizing it as who would want to pay for this but this sort of release is tailor made for goofs like me and I'm not afraid to admit it, nor did the price scare me off.
    I know the feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    if it's the tpb version of the omni then yeah, but I think the regular trades don't collect all the necessary issues.
    Neither omnibus TPB is OOP I don't believe (they only released volumes 1-2 in paperback) so he is probably referring to one of the older trades which, like you said, leave out issues. Better off tracking down the omnibus collections in my opinion, they are perfectly put together.

Incredible Member

With regards to Absolute Year One, I own a copy. Is it overpriced, definitley, I got it for an ok price around release (about £40 I think) I still think that was a bit too much, but I dont own the story in any other format and It sits nicely alongside all the other Frank Miller Batman Absolutes, everything is in one format and next to each other on the shelf, that alone is probably worth an extra couple of quid to me.

Why did they print the same book twice though? I have a feeling it was a bit of a "shut up" to the fans of the book, I don't think this book has ever had 2 editions with the same colouring job on it and theres always someone somewhere complaining about the recolouring in the various editions, It wouldn't suprise me if the idea of the second volume came about so they could go "fine, here you go, heres a scan of the original comics reproduced on the original crappy paper we used back then now you can't moan it isn't the same as it was".

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think you're right on that one. Did the trades ever make it to the "end" of the series?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I was one who took the oath and didn't buy it. I think I would get it at the right price but after hearing some of the complaints I'm not even sure what that price would be.
    $35. Maybe $40, tops. So basically 52% off the $75 price tag it should have had. If I ever see a copy around that price, it'll end up in my collection.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Golden Age Omnibus Line

So far solicited through mid '17 we have
    Superman vol.4
    Batman vol.3
    Wonder Woman vol.2

Now these books sell very lukewarm to a smaller audience, of which I'm a part.
    Neither company has had an Omni with more than a 4 on it before. The Brubaker Caps could be 6 if Marvel had so dared so don't go there, I know.
    I'm curious if when DC announces the back half of 2017 if a Superman vol. 5 shows up, and so forth for the other Trinity characters.

Personally I'd love a Jay Garrick Flash GA Omni series as well as Aquaman but wonder what if any plans DC has for further GA volumes.
    Surely Green Arrow and Alan Scott Green Lantern would be on a top 10 list of possible characters to collect.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think you're right on that one. Did the trades ever make it to the "end" of the series?
    The regular trades did

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Not sure if this is relevant to many people, but thought I'd mention that the New Teen Titans (New Edition) Omni Vol. 1 is 50% off on Amazon (preorder). I sometimes preorder DC books from Amazon because of their lowest price guarantee. If the price doesn't get significantly lower than DCBS's price when it's time to do my DCBS order, I just cancel the Amazon order and go with DCBS. But sometimes you get a sweet, over 50% discount from Amazon--but only with DC books from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Not sure if this is relevant to many people, but thought I'd mention that the New Teen Titans (New Edition) Omni Vol. 1 is 50% off on Amazon (preorder). I sometimes preorder DC books from Amazon because of their lowest price guarantee. If the price doesn't get significantly lower than DCBS's price when it's time to do my DCBS order, I just cancel the Amazon order and go with DCBS. But sometimes you get a sweet, over 50% discount from Amazon--but only with DC books from my experience.
    Yeah, that's a hell of a deal, especially since it has been OOP for a while.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I think the $150 price tag is wrong. On amazon.ca, it's CDN$ 99.00, the same price as other $75 books (like Aquaman by Johns and Jack Kirby's Kamandi).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I can't believe that price tag is right. Its only like 1.3 times the Kamandibus, for like twice the price. I get that the material is popular, but there' no way it'll sell for Sandman money.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I think the $150 price tag is wrong. On amazon.ca, it's CDN$ 99.00, the same price as other $75 books (like Aquaman by Johns and Jack Kirby's Kamandi).
    You may be onto something there. I'd much rather pay $37.50 for this book, so I hope you're correct.