View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 823 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3237237738138198208218228238248258268278338739231323 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,345 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I think they're referring to some of Hickman's Image titles (Manhattan Project, The Dying and the Dead), and one of the primary reasons for that was Hickman needed to focus on his workload for Marvel.
    Isn't he the reason Secret Wars went on for nearly two years?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It ran from May 15 to Jan 16, it did have a couple of delays and an extra issue but that seems to happen with every single Marvel event regardless with whose writing it so I find it hard to lay blame at his feet.

Yeah, Hickman never slouched on his Marvel work. He most impressively pumped out over 90 issues of Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars in less than 3 years time.

Can't say with all of his creator owned books, but 90% of the time delays and slow releases are on the artist. He and Nick Dragotta have kept a fairly consistent schedule on East of West though.

I've completely stopped adding any Image books to my single issue pull list. Way too many pump out the first arc on a timely manner, but lord knows when you'll get issues after that. I'm all for consistent art and quality on these books, but it gets frustrating trying to remember what happened in the last issue you read. I'm perfectly content on waiting for collected editions on these books now. Some cases I won't even get them on a volume by volume basis, but wait until the entire series is completed and buy the whole run at once.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Yeah, Hickman never slouched on his Marvel work. He most impressively pumped out over 90 issues of Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars in less than 3 years time.

Can't say with all of his creator owned books, but 90% of the time delays and slow releases are on the artist. He and Nick Dragotta have kept a fairly consistent schedule on East of West though.

I've completely stopped adding any Image books to my single issue pull list. Way too many pump out the first arc on a timely manner, but lord knows when you'll get issues after that. I'm all for consistent art and quality on these books, but it gets frustrating trying to remember what happened in the last issue you read. I'm perfectly content on waiting for collected editions on these books now. Some cases I won't even get them on a volume by volume basis, but wait until the entire series is completed and buy the whole run at once.
    Gotcha gotcha. I mostly love bagging on SW because of how many delays it had. All ribbing aside. Yes it was impressive he had the double Avengers a month and New Avengers. No winder the big guy needed a break.

I'd still like him on a DC book. With Justice League going twice a month, I wonder if he could handle that right now.

Gotcha gotcha. I mostly love bagging on SW because of how many delays it had. All ribbing aside. Yes it was impressive he had the double Avengers a month and New Avengers. No winder the big guy needed a break.

I'd still like him on a DC book. With Justice League going twice a month, I wonder if he could handle that right now.

Actually a guy like Hickman might really excel with something involving sciences the Legion of Super Heroes where he could do some world building.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Actually a guy like Hickman might really excel with something involving sciences the Legion of Super Heroes where he could do some world building.
    I forgot all about LoSH! That's definitely coming down the pike for Rebirth, right? That would be so awesome. I secretly hate you now for that idea. I want it so bad now.

Who's picking up the GL Omnibus tomorrow?

I probably will be, never did pick up the original release(s)

I'd kinda forgotten about it too, but wasn't Hickman sort of cryptically tweeting or mentioning something about working on a DC book when rebirth was announced last year? I can't remember if it was LoSH or a new JSA book though, or if that was all just rumors and speculation.

I'd kinda forgotten about it too, but wasn't Hickman sort of cryptically tweeting or mentioning something about working on a DC book when rebirth was announced last year? I can't remember if it was LoSH or a new JSA book though, or if that was all just rumors and speculation.
    He did tease. I can't recae exactly what he said, but it was to the likes of "I wonder if there's room for me in rebirth". Because nothing else ever came of it, we all assumed he was just trolling. Of course, this is right when DC teased at the return of the JSA, and hints of LoSH returning.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Who's picking up the GL Omnibus tomorrow?

I probably will be, never did pick up the original release(s)
    The Silver Age reprint? Not me, at least not yet, I have the old volumes and while I have no doubt that the paper and binding will be much improved in this new version the price and probable difficulty of offloading these old versions means I wont bother. Maybe if I see it drop to around £30 mark but I don't think I've seen the amazon preorder drop below £70.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The Silver Age reprint? Not me, at least not yet, I have the old volumes and while I have no doubt that the paper and binding will be much improved in this new version the price and probable difficulty of offloading these old versions means I wont bother. Maybe if I see it drop to around £30 mark but I don't think I've seen the amazon preorder drop below £70.
    I looked it up on TFAW and its already out of stock.

He did tease. I can't recae exactly what he said, but it was to the likes of "I wonder if there's room for me in rebirth". Because nothing else ever came of it, we all assumed he was just trolling. Of course, this is right when DC teased at the return of the JSA, and hints of LoSH returning.
    Pretty sure he was just being facetious. DC would be making a big deal if it was actually a thing.

Yeah I can get that, I never bought them so I figure I'll pick this one up. That's how I feel about the new NTT omnibus coming up, I have the first 2 they released....

sigh, first world nerd problems

I did see it at £58 but I wasn't buying at that price... I'll wait and see what the traders price is in a few weeks it I'm not holding out much hope for it dropping much, I'll buy it for £45 but not paying more than that.

May solicitations for Marvel were solid. Hoping to get some DC goodies soon.

Got my Absolute Wonder Woman today. Wow! What a thing of beauty. I am already counting down the days for when they release the next volume.