View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 824 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3247247748148208218228238248258268278288348749241324 ... LastLast
Results 12,346 to 12,360 of 21671
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

As some predicted, the New Teen Titans Vol. 1 reprint is solicited as $75, not $150. Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    As some predicted, the New Teen Titans Vol. 1 reprint is solicited as $75, not $150. Thank god.
    DC's trade department still strikes again though. It looks like they just copied the solicit for the first edition, even though the content changed before printing. #17 to 20, a story from Best of DC #18, and the Tales of the Teen Titans mini were added after reader complaints about the initial meager offering. The page counts seems right though, so that's something.

Don't understand why its called JLA: Road to Rebirth. Excited for Johns' Hawkman, although I wish they finished his Flash run. Excited for the Young Animal trades as well. Everything else was meh. Waiting for that WW Rebirth in HC...seriously, what an insult to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I forgot all about LoSH! That's definitely coming down the pike for Rebirth, right? That would be so awesome. I secretly hate you now for that idea. I want it so bad now.
    Ha ha I just pulled that idea out of the air. Is it an actual thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Who's picking up the GL Omnibus tomorrow?

I probably will be, never did pick up the original release(s)
    I just ordered it from IST. I almost bought the original release a few days before this newer version was announced. Sometimes procrastination pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Ha ha I just pulled that idea out of the air. Is it an actual thing?

I just ordered it from IST. I almost bought the original release a few days before this newer version was announced. Sometimes procrastination pays off.
    Its not...but I wish it was.

Also saw this in the news

Suicide Squad Most Wanted: Killer Croc/Boomerang/Amanda Waller TP (JAN170399, $16.99) has been retitled Suicide Squad: Secret Files TP.

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the May solicitations:

ABSOLUTE Y: THE LAST MAN VOL. 3 HC
    Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN • Art by PIA GUERRA, GORAN SUDZUKA and JOSE MARZAN JR. • Cover by MASSIMO CARNEVALE
    The conclusion of the three-volume Absolute treatment of Brian K. Vaughan’s hit series, Y: THE LAST MAN! Continuing the international adventure, Yorick and his friends travel the world to find his fiancée, Beth and the epic cat-and-mouse game with Alter finally comes to an end!
    Collects issues #41-60.
    On sale JUNE 28 • 544 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $125.00 US • MATURE READERS

BATMAN: SECRETS—SAM KIETH GALLERY EDITION HC
    Advance solicit • On sale August 2017 • 248 pg. FC, 12″ x 17″ • $125.00 US
    Sam Kieth’s unforgettable depiction of the Dark Knight fills the pages on the new BATMAN: SECRETS—SAM KIETH GALLERY EDITION. Focusing on Kieth’s artwork from the 124-page BATMAN: SECRETS series, this large-format, Smythe-sewn hardcover edition is sourced from and captures the look and feel of the original boards. Rounding out this 248- page presentation is the complete art from BATMAN: CONFIDENTIAL #40, BATMAN/LOBO #1, Kieth’s eight-page story from BATMAN #38 and an extensive gallery section containing covers and pages from SCRATCH, ARKHAM ASYLUM: MADNESS and BATMAN: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
    Graphitti Designs’ Gallery Editions replicate the look, feel and attitude of the original artwork. Every page is reproduced at full board size on heavy paper stock to provide fans and collectors with museum-quality reproductions that are unobtainable from any other source.
    Containing samples of Kieth’s art from his early days (1992) to the present (2015), this book gives the fan, collector and art student a never-before-seen overview of his incredible work.

DC HORROR: HOUSE OF SECRETS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by LEN WEIN, GERRY CONWAY, JACK OLECK and others • Art by BERNIE WRIGHTSON, JIM APARO, SERGIO ARAGONES, WALLY WOOD and others • Cover by BERNIE WRIGHTSON
    Experience DC’s classic horror series in the retro collection as it was originally printed. Collecting HOUSE OF SECRETS #92-97, including the first appearance of Swamp Thing, this book includes contributions from writers and artists Len Wein, Bernie Wrightson, Jim Aparo and many others and sets the groundwork for classic DC Universe horror stories for years to come.
    On sale JUNE 28 • 304 pg, FC, $49.99 US

THE FLASH UNWRAPPED BY FRANCIS MANAPUL HC
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and BRIAN BUCCELLATO • Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL • Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    For the first time ever, experience Francis Manapul’s acclaimed run on THE FLASH through beautifully reprinted original ink art that showcases the artist’s masterful skill and creative vision.
    THE FLASH BY FRANCIS MANAPUL UNWRAPPED collects THE FLASH #0-8.
    On sale JULY 19 • 200 pg, B&W, $34.99 US

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FIVE VOL. 3 HC
    Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO • Art by MIKE S. MILLER, TOM DERENICK, XERMANICO and MARCO SANTUCCI • Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    In these tales from issues #15-20 and ANNUAL #1, Earths collide as Batman and his team work to stop a rampaging Superman and his allies. In this, the final battle of the best-selling digital-first series, allegiances are tested, lives are won and lost and heroes old and new face off in one of the most intense and epic clashes any corner of the DC Universe has ever seen.
    On sale JUNE 7 • 160 pg, FC, $24.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD HC
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, ROB WILLIAMS and TIM SEELEY • Art by JASON FABOK, RILEY ROSSMO, TONY S. DANIEL, JESUS MERINO, FERNANDO PASARIN, ROBSON ROCHA, HOWARD PORTER, GIUSEPPE CAFARO, CHRISTIAN DUCE and others • Cover by JASON FABOK
    The wildly popular JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD is here in this title collecting stories from JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD #1-6, SUICIDE SQUAD #8-10 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #12-13. The Justice League has discovered the existence of the Suicide Squad, and the World’s Greatest Heroes can’t let that stand! But Amanda Waller and Task Force X won’t go down without a fight!
    On sale JUNE 21 • 312 pg, FC, $29.99 US

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by OTTO BINDER, JERRY SIEGEL, EDMOND HAMILTON and others • Art by AL PLASTINO, CURT SWAN and others • Cover by J. BONE
    The tales that introduced the teen-team known as the Legion of Super-Heroes are collected in an Omnibus Edition for the first time! Don’t miss these stories from the pages of ADVENTURE COMICS #247, #267, #282, #290, #293 and #300-328; ACTION COMICS #267, #276, #287 and #289; SUPERMAN #147; SUPERMAN ANNUAL #4 and SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #72, #76; and SUPERBOY #86, #89, #98 and #117.
    On sale AUGUST 2 • 680 pg, FC, $75.00 US

THE NEW TEEN TITANS VOL. 1 OMNIBUS HC NEW EDITION
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN • Art by GEORGE PEREZ, CURT SWAN, ROMEO TANGHAL and others • Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    In 1980, writer Marv Wolfman and artist George Pérez introduced a timeless team including Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Cyborg, Changeling, Raven and Starfire—young heroes with great powers and strong personalities who learned their way in the world through the strength of their friendship and the adventures they shared. This omnibus edition collects the team’s debut in DC COMICS PRESENTS #26, plus the first sixteen issues of their smash-hit monthly series, including the first appearances of foes including Deathstroke and Trigon, as well as a confrontation with the Justice League of America.
    On sale AUGUST 30 • 688 pg, FC, $75.00 US

SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 1 HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY, PAUL LEVITZ, PAUL KUPPERBERG and JACK C. HARRIS • Art by RIC ESTRADA, MIKE GRELL, GEORGE TUSKA, JAMES SHERMAN, WALTER SIMONSON, JIM STARLIN, JOE STATON and others • Cover by MIKE GRELL
    These classic 1970s stories are collected in hardcover for the first time! In stories from SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #234-240 and ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION #C-55, the Legion give Superboy a treatment that blocks his memory, try to stop the Worldsmith from terraforming the surface of Braal and witness the wedding of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad!
    On sale JUNE 21 • 320 pg, FC, $49.99 US

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS – THE REBIRTH DELUXE COLLECTION BOOK 1 HC
    Written by DAN JURGENS • Art by PATCH ZIRCHER, TYLER KIRKHAM and STEPHEN SEGOVIA • Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    In these stories from ACTION COMICS #957-966 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #52, collected for the first time in hardcover, Superman returns to Metropolis just in time to meet the city’s newest protector: Lex Luthor. But the dueling titans soon meet someone unexpected: Clark Kent! Can these enemies put aside their differences and face the common threat of Doomsday, as Jimmy Olsen tries to uncover the truth of Clark Kent’s identity.
    On sale JUNE 28 • 240 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $34.99 US

TALES OF THE BATMAN: GERRY CONWAY HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY • Art by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, JIM APARO, STEVE DITKO, MICHAEL GOLDEN, DON NEWTON and others • Cover by JIM STARLIN
    Get ready for some of the greatest Dark Knight tales ever in this new title featuring Two-Face, Deadshot, Killer Croc, the new Robin, Jason Todd and more! These tales written by Gerry Conway are collected from BATMAN #295, 305, 306 and 337; BATMAN FAMILY #17; THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #158, 161 and 171-174; DETECTIVE COMICS #463, 464, 497-499 and 501-504; MAN-BAT #1 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #250 and 269.
    On sale JULY 12 • 464 pg, FC, $49.99 US

TRINITY VOL. 1: BETTER TOGETHER HC
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL • Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL, CLAY MANN, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY • Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    The Dark Knight. The Man of Steel. The Amazon Warrior. The three greatest heroes in the DC Universe unite when the threats to our planet are bigger than any one of them can handle. But now, the deadly White Mercy has Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman in its terrifying grasp! But who would dare to orchestrate this attack—and why? All will be revealed as the three most powerful heroes in the DC Universe fight for their very souls!
    Collects issues #1-6.
    On sale JUNE 7 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

Fantastic Member

The big TPBs:

BATWOMAN BY GREG RUCKA AND J.H. WILLIAMS III TP
    Written by GREG RUCKA • Art by J.H. WILLIAMS III, JOCK and SCOTT KOLINS • Cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    Writer Greg Rucka and artists J.H. Williams III and Jock’s legendary run of Batwoman adventures from DETECTIVE COMICS #854-863 are collected in a single title for the first time! In these stories, Kate Kane takes on the Religion of Crime and struggles to save Gotham City from the surreal villainy of Alice. Plus, learn the origin of Batwoman!
    On sale JUNE 14 • 256 pg, FC, $24.99 US

DC COMICS/DARK HORSE COMICS: BATMAN VS. PREDATOR TP
    Written by DAVE GIBBONS, DOUG MOENCH and CHUCK DIXON • Art by ANDY KUBERT, ADAM KUBERT, PAUL GULACY, RODOLFO DAMAGGIO and others • Cover by MIKE MIGNOLA
    After investigating a series of gruesome murders, Batman realizes that these crimes aren’t perpetrated by anyone from Gotham City…or even this planet. Soon, the Dark Knight finds his real enemy—the intergalactic hunter called the Predator!
    This collection features BATMAN VS. PREDATOR #1-3, BATMAN VS. PREDATOR II: BLOODMATCH #1-4 and BATMAN VS. PREDATOR III: BLOOD TIES #1-4 and is co-published with Dark Horse Comics.
    On sale JUNE 7 • 408 pg, FC, $34.99 US

HAWKMAN BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK ONE TP
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS and JAMES ROBINSON • Art by RAGS MORALES, MICHAEL BAIR, TIMOTHY TRUMAN and others • Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON
    Geoff Johns’ epic run on Hawkman reinvents the winged warrior as Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders unravel the mysteries within the southern epicenter called St. Roch, travel to exotic lands and battle creatures and villains of ancient and new myth!
    Collects HAWKMAN #1-14 and HAWKMAN SECRET FILES #1!
    On sale JUNE 14 • 376 pg, FC, $29.99 US

SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK THREE TP
    Written by MATT WAGNER, STEVEN T. SEAGLE and NEIL GAIMAN • Art by GUY DAVIS, WARREN PLEECE and TEDDY KRISTIANSEN • Cover by GAVIN WILSON and RICHARD BRUNING
    In these tales from SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE #25-36, Wesley Dodds meets the Hourman, battles the Python and faces the Night of the Butcher. Plus, the mortal Sandman meets the godlike Morpheus in the SANDMAN MIDNIGHT THEATRE #1.
    On sale JUNE 21 • 368 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 3 TP
    Written by JERRY SIEGEL • Art by JOE SHUSTER and others • Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    In these fast-paced tales from ACTION COMICS #32-40, SUPERMAN #8-11, WORLD’S BEST COMICS #1 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #2, the Man of Tomorrow must protect the citizens of Metropolis from a variety of threats, ranging from insurance scans and gangsters to spies and saboteurs!
    On sale JUNE 21 • 376 pg, FC, $29.99 US

WONDER WOMAN BY GEORGE PEREZ VOL. 2 TP
    Written by GEORGE PEREZ and LEN WEIN • Art by GEORGE PEREZ and others • Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    This collection of 1980s tales begins as Wonder Woman battles Silver Swan at a charity fair. And while Zeus plans for the Olympian gods to find a new home among the stars, the Amazons decide to open their island home of Themyscira to visitors for the first time ever. Plus, the murder of one of Wonder Woman’s closest mortal associates is investigated by the Boston police as Hermes appears on Earth to make more trouble for Wonder Woman.
    Collects WONDER WOMAN #15-24 and WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1.
    On sale JUNE 7 • 288 pg, FC, $24.99 US

SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 1 HC (SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #234-240 and ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION #C-55)
    Why do they start off this collection halfway through the run? Wouldn't it have made more sense to start off this bronze age collection with Superboy #197?

Fantastic Member

This is continuation of Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, not part of the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age collections.
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 02-22-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Who's picking up the GL Omnibus tomorrow?

I probably will be, never did pick up the original release(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The Silver Age reprint? Not me, at least not yet, I have the old volumes and while I have no doubt that the paper and binding will be much improved in this new version the price and probable difficulty of offloading these old versions means I wont bother. Maybe if I see it drop to around £30 mark but I don't think I've seen the amazon preorder drop below £70.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    I did see it at £58 but I wasn't buying at that price... I'll wait and see what the traders price is in a few weeks it I'm not holding out much hope for it dropping much, I'll buy it for £45 but not paying more than that.
    I'm aiming to pick it up but will probably wait till it also goes for cheaper on the amazon.co.uk marketplace. I managed to recently offload the original 2 volumes for pretty cheap BUT managed to make a small but nice profit. I bought Vol. 1 at a glitch price of £10 a few years ago whereas Vol. 2 was purchased at a deep clearance price a year or so ago.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Could we get one of those OP updated like the Marvel thread that lists upcoming Omnis throughout the year as the catalogs are released?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Alright.. Y The Last Man... means next time around we should see the solicit for the final Absolute Transmetropolitan!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    This is continuation of Legion of Super-Heroes Archives, not part of the Golden/Silver/Bronze Age collections.
    Yeah, I noticed that the LOSH Archives is ending with Superboy (and the Legion of Superheroes) #233. Thanks!

What are the chances of the upcoming Legion of Super Heroes The Silver Age Omnibus HC that's slated for mid-august to come out later in soft cover?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 1 HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY, PAUL LEVITZ, PAUL KUPPERBERG and JACK C. HARRIS • Art by RIC ESTRADA, MIKE GRELL, GEORGE TUSKA, JAMES SHERMAN, WALTER SIMONSON, JIM STARLIN, JOE STATON and others • Cover by MIKE GRELL
    These classic 1970s stories are collected in hardcover for the first time! In stories from SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #234-240 and ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION #C-55, the Legion give Superboy a treatment that blocks his memory, try to stop the Worldsmith from terraforming the surface of Braal and witness the wedding of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad!
    On sale JUNE 21 • 320 pg, FC, $49.99 US
    The original text for this in the Hatchette catalog and currently still on Amazon (UK) is

The Boy of Steel and the teenage superhero team of the future see their classic adventures collected in this new graphic novel series SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 1! When Clark Kent travels to the 30th century, he meets the greatest peacekeeping force in the galaxy: the Legion of Superheroes! In these classic tales from Cary Bates, new characters such as Timberwolf, Wildfire and Karate Kid are introduced into the teenage super hero squad! Now collected in an oversize hardcover edition, SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 1 is a must-have for any fan of this legendary series! Collects issues #234-245.
    So they've dropped some issues and its is 99% definitly not an oversized hardcover this time around. Considering this picks up directly after the LoSH Archive editions ended I'm sure the fans who have all of those will be pleased about the shelf uniformity (maybe not about the drop in issue count though).

It also leaves me speculating that the House of Secrets hardcover will end up being normal sized as well which is a big shame.

Saves me a bit of cash though!