View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 825 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3257257758158218228238248258268278288298358759251325 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Could we get one of those OP updated like the Marvel thread that lists upcoming Omnis throughout the year as the catalogs are released?
    I think well have to wait until the new thread is up to update it regularly.

After the Batman and the Outsiders hardcover being standard size, I doubt HoS or Superboy and the LoSH or any of these upcoming hardcovers will be oversized unless it says omnibus or deluxe in the name, which is ****, cuz I would buy most of those hardcovers if they were oversized

He's there be any news on any fresh Absolutes?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    TALES OF THE BATMAN: GERRY CONWAY HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY • Art by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, JIM APARO, STEVE DITKO, MICHAEL GOLDEN, DON NEWTON and others • Cover by JIM STARLIN
    Get ready for some of the greatest Dark Knight tales ever in this new title featuring Two-Face, Deadshot, Killer Croc, the new Robin, Jason Todd and more! These tales written by Gerry Conway are collected from BATMAN #295, 305, 306 and 337; BATMAN FAMILY #17; THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #158, 161 and 171-174; DETECTIVE COMICS #463, 464, 497-499 and 501-504; MAN-BAT #1 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #250 and 269.
    On sale JULY 12 • 464 pg, FC, $49.99 US
    I'm anxious for this volume to go alongside the Don Newton and Gene Colan ones but DC has to pick up the pace with these or at least finish off Gerry Conway's run with 'Tec #526.

About the issues listed there seems to be an error as Killer Croc doesn't even show up until 'Tec #526 with a cameo and a full appearance in Batman #358 along with Jason Todd.

Did I read the New Teen Titans solicit correctly? It collects 17 issues total? That's less than the first edition, right? I thought it was initially announced as a bigger book (with a bigger price tag). Still $75 for 17 issues seems like a lot for cover price.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Did I read the New Teen Titans solicit correctly? It collects 17 issues total? That's less than the first edition, right? I thought it was initially announced as a bigger book (with a bigger price tag). Still $75 for 17 issues seems like a lot for cover price.
    I think they posted the wrong contents on the official solicitations. There was a post earlier here about it. I believe it was about 2 pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    He's there be any news on any fresh Absolutes?
    Y:The Last Man vol 3 was in the latest solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The solicitation for the original NTT Omnibus says it includes the first 16 issues, too, which was incorrect. I'm going to guess that it includes the exact same contents as the original. The page count would closer match, too (about 680 pages).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Could we get one of those OP updated like the Marvel thread that lists upcoming Omnis throughout the year as the catalogs are released?
    NZ_InFerno posted quite a while back that he was stepping down from being a moderator and from updating the OPs for the Marvel and DC Collected Editions threads and was looking for anyone eager to take the reins of each of them. Canucked volunteered and took upon himself the updating of the Marvel Collected Editions Thread first page which resulted in the Marvel thread being restarted. To this day, no one has put themselves forward to take on the DC thread. Maybe you're interested?

How is the material in the Legion of Superheroes silver age omni? I was intrigued by them in Geoff Johns Superman run, but know very little about them.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    How is the material in the Legion of Superheroes silver age omni? I was intrigued by them in Geoff Johns Superman run, but know very little about them.
    Unsure if this effects anyone's interest here, but I was talking to the TwoMorrows folks via email asking when the American Comics Book Chronicles 1980's back-to-print book is coming out. I found out a few things.

1) 80's book is being reprinted, being released sometime in late 2017.
    2) They are going to be releasing a 1990's book around the same time (who knew?)
    3) Roy Thomas is still working on the Golden Age volumes. They are splitting the 1940's into two volumes, like they did the 60's. And with Roy's schedule, they are getting him a cowriter for these.

All great news for us folks who love comics history! And these books are great, IMO. I have all of them but the 80's one, it's WAY too expensive on aftermarket. but with reprint forthcoming, might as well hold off on searching for one on Ebay now and just get a new one later this year.

Peace.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    The silver age omnibus covers the Legion's very early years. It's full of silver age goofiness and a far cry from Geoff Johns' stuff. Art is uneven (good when Curt Swan's on pencils, pretty bad when it's John Forte's turn, which it often is). Worth a read, but it gets much better later on.
    Last edited by rtk79; 02-23-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Y:The Last Man vol 3 was in the latest solicits.
    Hoping for something new to be announced, possibly swampy vol 1, I'd be pleased with a before watchmen absolute

Does the Flash by Manapul and Buccellato omnibus ever get good?

I'm 10 issues in and I'm so tempted to get rid of it. The art is awesome but the story is so meh.
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    NZ_InFerno posted quite a while back that he was stepping down from being a moderator and from updating the OPs for the Marvel and DC Collected Editions threads and was looking for anyone eager to take the reins of each of them. Canucked volunteered and took upon himself the updating of the Marvel Collected Editions Thread first page which resulted in the Marvel thread being restarted. To this day, no one has put themselves forward to take on the DC thread. Maybe you're interested?
    I don't think I'm the one for that job. I can post for days in a row then go days without even lurking. I'm about to move into my new house in April (just signed the papers this afternoon) and having my first child in September. I'll have to pass but thanks for checking!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime