View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 831 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218278288298308318328338348358418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm waiting on the Flash by Waid eventual Omni and maybe by then they can put the GL crossover issues in. Get all that legal mess out of the way.
    Waid is one of the few writers that I actively try and support as much as I possibly can. If that means buying the trades now and an eventual omnibus down the road, I'll just pass the trades on to a friend, or keep them as lending copies since his Flash is so damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm waiting on the Flash by Waid eventual Omni and maybe by then they can put the GL crossover issues in. Get all that legal mess out of the way.
    You are very hopeful. Honestly, people need to understand that if these fat trades don't sell, we'll most likely never get omni's for any of the 80s/90s material.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    You are very hopeful. Honestly, people need to understand that if these fat trades don't sell, we'll most likely never get omni's for any of the 80s/90s material.
    \
    I'll buy it. And it looks like a few others will as well
    Some here really only.want onmis Or HCs though...

Speaking of waid, how's his Legion and Brave and Bold?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Flash by Waid Book Two originally showed up online with THE FLASH #71-82, THE FLASH ANNAUL #6 and JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL QUARTERLY #10. Then it was changed to THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10. Then it was solicited with THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10. At the moment the old listing is the one that has THE FLASH #71-82, THE FLASH ANNAUL #6 and JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL QUARTERLY #10. Now carry on with your overacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Flash by Waid Book Two originally showed up online with THE FLASH #71-82, THE FLASH ANNAUL #6 and JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL QUARTERLY #10. Then it was changed to THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10.
    Are you sure? Because it's coincidental as hell that the very first listing would omit the issues that ended up causing problems for DC more than 6 months later.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    They would? You sure?
    There are very few sure things. I'm just willing to gamble that DC will put those GL issues into a future Omni once the legal mess with the pedophile is out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    \
    I understand that but my finances are finite and continually double dipping and then selling the prior editions on Ebay to recoup some marginal funds is getting old.
    I'm getting out of monthly books cause the trades keep coming. The publishing cycle will evolve, into what, which formats are first is unsure. I'm not suggesting anyone follow my path. It's the path I chose for me though.

That said: WW by George Perez vol.2 is currently 63% off at AMAZON
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Flash by Waid Book Two originally showed up online with THE FLASH #71-82, THE FLASH ANNAUL #6 and JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL QUARTERLY #10. Then it was changed to THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10. Then it was solicited with THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10. At the moment the old listing is the one that has THE FLASH #71-82, THE FLASH ANNAUL #6 and JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL QUARTERLY #10. Now carry on with your overacting.
    Meh. The contents look like they're going to shift until the release date. Key word release date. One more, that's all I want.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Are you sure? Because it's coincidental as hell that the very first listing would omit the issues that ended up causing problems for DC more than 6 months later.
    Yes: http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...s#reply-892536

I don't follow British Amazon. Can anyone say for sure that at any point they changed to the updated contents and then back rather than never updating it at all? I think it's more coincidental that the new contents would still end in the middle of the arc.

Fantastic Member

I waited for Waid's Flash trades for so long but the coloring and the paper in the first volume killed all of my excitement. The art looking very dated and flat. They need to tone it down.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Was the below book in the recent DC solicitations? I must have missed it because I don't remember it. Anyway, I'm glad it's getting a reprint in the Absolute format as I'm planning on picking it up.

ABSOLUTE JUSTICE LEAGUE WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES
    SUPERMAN: PEACE ON EARTH. BATMAN: WAR ON CRIME. SHAZAM: POWER OF HOPE. WONDER WOMAN: SPIRIT OF TRUTH. JUSTICE LEAGUE: SECRET ORIGINS. JUSTICE LEAGUE: LIBERTY AND JUSTICE. These six legendary original fully painted graphic novels by the superstar team of Alex Ross and Paul Dini are collected as the latest slipcased Absolute Edition from DC!
    396pgs
    SRP: $75.00

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Was the below book in the recent DC solicitations? I must have missed it because I don't remember it. Anyway, I'm glad it's getting a reprint in the Absolute format as I'm planning on picking it up.

ABSOLUTE JUSTICE LEAGUE WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES
    SUPERMAN: PEACE ON EARTH. BATMAN: WAR ON CRIME. SHAZAM: POWER OF HOPE. WONDER WOMAN: SPIRIT OF TRUTH. JUSTICE LEAGUE: SECRET ORIGINS. JUSTICE LEAGUE: LIBERTY AND JUSTICE. These six legendary original fully painted graphic novels by the superstar team of Alex Ross and Paul Dini are collected as the latest slipcased Absolute Edition from DC!
    396pgs
    SRP: $75.00
    That's basically a reprint of the pseudo-Absolute (all but in name) they published a decade or so ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Greate...d%27s+greatest

Beautiful book and long since OOP. That's going to make a few people happy, especially if that is the actual price.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 03-03-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That's basically a reprint of the pseudo-Absolute (all but in name) they published a decade or so ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Greate...d%27s+greatest

Beautiful book and long since OOP. That's going to make a few people happy, especially if that is the actual price.
    Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised that it's at $75

Spectacular Member

So...apparently the Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus has been cancelled?

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401262597

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    So...apparently the Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus has been cancelled?

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401262597
    Pure speculation, but it will probably be resolicited as 100 with the entirety of Johns' run collected in it