View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 832 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3327327828228288298308318328338348358368428829321332 ... LastLast
Results 12,466 to 12,480 of 21670

the solcitation for the issues has to be wrong. He wrote more issues besides that. Hopefully thry will update it to include the entire run. Or they are waiting for johns to finish the sins of the seven deadly sins or whatever its called. I really hope it shows up. For me so far its the only book that has been cancelled and brought back this many times. Makes me worry, I loved the series but since vol 1 is oop and I much rather have the oversized atwork, I need the omni!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Pure speculation, but it will probably be resolicited as 100 with the entirety of Johns' run collected in it
    I'd be okay with that. It always made more sense to go that route anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Was the below book in the recent DC solicitations? I must have missed it because I don't remember it. Anyway, I'm glad it's getting a reprint in the Absolute format as I'm planning on picking it up.

ABSOLUTE JUSTICE LEAGUE WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES
    SUPERMAN: PEACE ON EARTH. BATMAN: WAR ON CRIME. SHAZAM: POWER OF HOPE. WONDER WOMAN: SPIRIT OF TRUTH. JUSTICE LEAGUE: SECRET ORIGINS. JUSTICE LEAGUE: LIBERTY AND JUSTICE. These six legendary original fully painted graphic novels by the superstar team of Alex Ross and Paul Dini are collected as the latest slipcased Absolute Edition from DC!
    396pgs
    SRP: $75.00

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised that it's at $75
    I'm glad to see them dip into the well and reprint some books but you can still get this one for about $50 on eBay. That said it's got great art but the stories - other than the Batman one - are about a C plus at best. I'm a fan of Ross' art but his writing has never been that good.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm glad to see them dip into the well and reprint some books but you can still get this one for about $50 on eBay. That said it's got great art but the stories - other than the Batman one - are about a C plus at best. I'm a fan of Ross' art but his writing has never been that good.
    Dini wrote all of these, not Ross. I found them all pretty entertaining myself, having picked up the old faux-Absolute off ebay for a good price awhile back. Nice to see it getting a reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Dini wrote all of these, not Ross. I found them all pretty entertaining myself, having picked up the old faux-Absolute off ebay for a good price awhile back. Nice to see it getting a reprint.
    Dini and Ross? That sounds like a fun team up actually.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Dini's writing on these was very simplistic; they read like kids/all-ages intro stories, imo. That said, they're super pretty!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Dini's writing on these was very simplistic; they read like kids/all-ages intro stories, imo. That said, they're super pretty!
    That wouldn't surprise me. And its good to know, since there's frequently a lot people asking for a good comic story line that's easy to read and new user friendly, so that might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Wow, you know I read these a couple times - once when they came out individually and then the "absolute" edition - and I didn't realize it was Dini and I typically like his work.

That said I agree with SJNeal, it's very basic. But the art is gorgeous.

A 300, close to 400, page absolute priced @75? No way, DC be trolling us.

Am I the only one who would rather Alex Ross stick to doing posters? I love Kingdom Come and his art is technically great and all...but it just isn't comic books to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Am I the only one who would rather Alex Ross stick to doing posters? I love Kingdom Come and his art is technically great and all...but it just isn't comic books to me.
    I'm fine with painted art on the occasional limited or mini series like Kingdom Come and Marvels. I think it's beautiful art, but I definitely don't want to see a trend of more books using painted art. Mike Del Mundo is another that comes to mind. Gorgeous art, but I only want it in small doses. That Secret Wars Weirdworld book he did was stunning. I haven't seen any of the newest Avengers book he's doing with Waid, but will likely check it out once collected. Again, small doses are fine and for me variety in art is important. I definitely wouldn't want all comic art to look like Jim Lee, for example, either.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'm fine with painted art on the occasional limited or mini series like Kingdom Come and Marvels. I think it's beautiful art, but I definitely don't want to see a trend of more books using painted art. Mike Del Mundo is another that comes to mind. Gorgeous art, but I only want it in small doses. That Secret Wars Weirdworld book he did was stunning. I haven't seen any of the newest Avengers book he's doing with Waid, but will likely check it out once collected. Again, small doses are fine and for me variety in art is important. I definitely wouldn't want all comic art to look like Jim Lee, for example, either.
    You make very good points. I like for them to mix it up as well. It would probably start costing more than I want to spend, too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Depends on the comic for me. Kingdom Come is my all time favourite book, and since it's a fable, Ross' art is perfect for it. I believe it was Ross' baby to begin with and Waid was brought on after anyway, so there's that.

That said, it's all about what's appropriate for the story for me. And even if I don't like the art, if the story is great, I will overlook it. But if reversed, it doesn't matter to me how amazing the art is, I won't touch it again if the story sucks. It's all a matter of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I love Del Mundos art. I believe he does mostly Covers now? Either way, I think he has a more "toned down" art style as well. That reminds me, I've been wanting to pick up Weirdworld.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Pure speculation, but it will probably be resolicited as 100 with the entirety of Johns' run collected in it
    Was that not all of Johns' run on Aquaman? The solicit says it's the complete collection.