View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 834 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 3347347848248308318328338348358368378388448849341334 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Also, Dick Grayson I don't know if you listen to Tell Em Steve Dave, the podcast, the latest episode, Walt Flanagan mentions you as "my guy" when it comes to comic binding, and how obsessed he is with it. Mentions you leaving the country. You will be missed buddy.
    I heard that too - was a nice surprise! The whole reason I started ComicBindingPro was to help folks get into binding (and to be able to scratch my own binding itch of course) so to hear stories like that is so awesome. I imagine a lot of folks would be bummed to hear I've mostly gone digital and have sold off most of my binds! I only have a couple left to sell (a 3-volume Shade the Changing Man set, a 2 volume uber-complete Blackest Night, and maybe a Grimjack set).

Bringing things back to Aquaman, I expect it'll get resolicited. It's a series by Geoff Johns, it's only a matter of time before it gets an omni or series of omnis. But when that happens, it'll probably end up with a new ISBN (and a higher price-point) so pre-orders will probably get cancelled. Just a guess, I have no inside info or anything.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I heard that too - was a nice surprise! The whole reason I started ComicBindingPro was to help folks get into binding (and to be able to scratch my own binding itch of course) so to hear stories like that is so awesome. I imagine a lot of folks would be bummed to hear I've mostly gone digital and have sold off most of my binds! I only have a couple left to sell (a 3-volume Shade the Changing Man set, a 2 volume uber-complete Blackest Night, and maybe a Grimjack set).

Bringing things back to Aquaman, I expect it'll get resolicited. It's a series by Geoff Johns, it's only a matter of time before it gets an omni or series of omnis. But when that happens, it'll probably end up with a new ISBN (and a higher price-point) so pre-orders will probably get cancelled. Just a guess, I have no inside info or anything.
    Are you putting that Shade bind up on ebay? I'd be very interested in buying that.
    Last edited by Commissioner Gordon; 03-07-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Ah y'know what, the Aquaman movie comes out next year. I suspect TPTB are probably thinking "We've waited this long to put that book out, and it's not like we're swimming (pun intended) in A-List Aquaman runs to push, so we may as well wait to release it closer to the movie".

Not unlike what they did with WW: EO and BvS.

Oh I didnt know about the digital part. Haha, that's a bit of irony.

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up Cosmic Odyssey, but I have minor issues with it as a DELUXE HC. IMO, the paper and quality of the book is excellent, and it all feels all the more epic and massive in size. However, aside from the original covers and maybe 3 extra art pieces, that's it. For a Deluxe edition, I expected a little more behind the scenes content. I Understand the series original run was years ago, but I would've love some Starlin notes or some sketches by Mignola. Even an introduction/forward by them, or anyone else would've satisfied me. As a regular new edition HC its great. As a DELUXE edition, it sure is lacking.

Thanks to Mr. Grayson as always an excellent job. Got the Millar Swamp Thing, The Ennis Demon and the Azzarello Hellblzer (which is Vol 7 - Mr. Grayson also did the first 6 volumes for me as they came out). Definitely going to miss this top class service.

DSC08904.jpg
    DSC08905.jpg
    DSC08906.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up Cosmic Odyssey, but I have minor issues with it as a DELUXE HC. IMO, the paper and quality of the book is excellent, and it all feels all the more epic and massive in size. However, aside from the original covers and maybe 3 extra art pieces, that's it. For a Deluxe edition, I expected a little more behind the scenes content. I Understand the series original run was years ago, but I would've love some Starlin notes or some sketches by Mignola. Even an introduction/forward by them, or anyone else would've satisfied me. As a regular new edition HC its great. As a DELUXE edition, it sure is lacking.
    While you can't have enough of Mignola extras I feel like I have plenty of those in the HB LEs already and I never read forewords because sometimes they spoil the plot. Also I generally don't care about extras. I don't think a deluxe edition necessarily have to have extras, for me if the presentation feels deluxe that's enough. And while this book has that GODS DAMNED BLACK CARDBOARD COVER FER ODIN'S SAKE DC!!!!! the binding and the paper makes up for it (honestly this book has better binding than half their omnis).

You started an addiction for many people it was great hearing Walt mention that on TESD, glad someone else is stepping into the role and continue the service, but your eye for design of covers and spines are just fantastic. DC needs to hire you and bring you back to the states one day.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks to Mr. Grayson as always an excellent job. Got the Millar Swamp Thing, The Ennis Demon and the Azzarello Hellblzer (which is Vol 7 - Mr. Grayson also did the first 6 volumes for me as they came out). Definitely going to miss this top class service.

DSC08904.jpg
    DSC08905.jpg
    DSC08906.jpg
    Nice. Every time I see one of these custom jobs by Grayson, it blows me away how great they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    While you can't have enough of Mignola extras I feel like I have plenty of those in the HB LEs already and I never read forewords because sometimes they spoil the plot. Also I generally don't care about extras. I don't think a deluxe edition necessarily have to have extras, for me if the presentation feels deluxe that's enough. And while this book has that GODS DAMNED BLACK CARDBOARD COVER FER ODIN'S SAKE DC!!!!! the binding and the paper makes up for it (honestly this book has better binding than half their omnis).
    Oh man, as much as I think DC's omni & deluxe hardcover binding could use more improvement, their cover material is pure garbage. I literally have shoe boxes made of better, thicker, and stronger cardboard than these book covers.

I'm thinking about picking up the Deathstroke tpb by Priest but know nothing about it. Is it any good?

Honestly, the fact they even put out deluxe's like these for older material, is a mini miracle. No extras, whatever, don't care, I'll buy any deluxe DC puts out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up the Deathstroke tpb by Priest but know nothing about it. Is it any good?
    Very good, possibly the best deathstroke ongoing ever (not that there's a lot of competition)

Amazing Member

While I'm not a fan of sketchbooks, character design documents and the like, I do love to see scripts and writers' notes and believe any significant historical collection should, at the very least, contain an introduction. DC seemed to think so in the past but have become terrible with this.

Since we're getting a kamandi omnibus, I'd dig an OMAC deluxe/omnibus of Kirby's original work, the backups from Warlord, and the Byrne mini