View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 840 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3407407908308368378388398408418428438448508909401340 ... LastLast
Results 12,586 to 12,600 of 21671
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I think with Snyder's Batman, John's Justice League and possibly Azzarello's Wonder Woman, they are going to milk those babies dry with Absolutes, Box Sets, Deluxes, Annotated Editions and so on before we even get them as Omnibuses.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I think with Snyder's Batman, John's Justice League and possibly Azzarello's Wonder Woman, they are going to milk those babies dry with Absolutes, Box Sets, Deluxes, Annotated Editions and so on before we even get them as Omnibuses.
    Yeah the eventual justice league by Johns omnibus it's going to double dip all over that darkseid omni, I'll probably skip it because of that. (I'll still pick up the origins absolute though, because I'm a sucker)

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yeah the eventual justice league by Johns omnibus it's going to double dip all over that darkseid omni, I'll probably skip it because of that. (I'll still pick up the origins absolute though, because I'm a sucker)
    Do you think so? I can see them giving us a Justice League Omnibus up to JL #39 with the Aquaman "Throne of Atlantis" crossover issues. Not so sure with "Trinity War"- that would be another 9 or so extra in crossover issues? It could be doable. The JL Darkseid Omnibus would follow on nicely. Doesn't JL #51 tie in with Rebirth? Not so sure about JL #52

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Do you think so? I can see them giving us a Justice League Omnibus up to JL #39 with the Aquaman "Throne of Atlantis" crossover issues. Not so sure with "Trinity War"- that would be another 9 or so extra in crossover issues? It could be doable. The JL Darkseid Omnibus would follow on nicely. Doesn't JL #51 tie in with Rebirth? Not so sure about JL #52
    51 and 52 wernt written by Johns and didn't have anything to do with his run. 51 is a Titans Hunt kinda tie in (its included in the Titans Hunt trade) and 52 is a death of superman aftermath (I think its getting included in upcoming Action Comics rebirth trade).

Any Justice League by Johns Omni would have to include the JLD/JLA Trinity War Crossover issues + Forever Evil (which he wrote) and arguably you could throw in the rest of the JLA book Johns wrote which was basically a Trinity War/FE setup/tie-in book (it got canceled/converted to Lemires JLU after FE).

A split down the middle of the run around the FE mark, as that's where you get the team shakeup, into a two volume setup would of been nice but this Darkseid War omni basically cleaves the last 11 issues of Johns run off the end which means you either double dip or lose the branding (and sales) of making it an official JL by Johns book.

But this is probably suppose to be a Justice League movie cash grab, more than a coherent release strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    The Waterbearer TPB was released in 2004.

Re Mister Miracle everything listed in the trade is also in the Fourth World Omnibus so watch out for the double-dip.

Orion by Walt Simonson is great. Maybe not quite as good as his Thor run but pretty close. The Omnibus is still available if you want to go down that route.
    A 2004 trade follow up!? That's a long time. I gotta check if its still in print. And thanks, maybe I will check out Orion

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    51 and 52 wernt written by Johns and didn't have anything to do with his run. 51 is a Titans Hunt kinda tie in (its included in the Titans Hunt trade) and 52 is a death of superman aftermath (I think its getting included in upcoming Action Comics rebirth trade).

Any Justice League by Johns Omni would have to include the JLD/JLA Trinity War Crossover issues + Forever Evil (which he wrote) and arguably you could throw in the rest of the JLA book Johns wrote which was basically a Trinity War/FE setup/tie-in book (it got canceled/converted to Lemires JLU after FE).

A split down the middle of the run around the FE mark, as that's where you get the team shakeup, into a two volume setup would of been nice but this Darkseid War omni basically cleaves the last 11 issues of Johns run off the end which means you either double dip or lose the branding (and sales) of making it an official JL by Johns book.

But this is probably suppose to be a Justice League movie cash grab, more than a coherent release strategy.
    Yes, you're right, what with Forever Evil, a two Volume set of John's Justice League would be nice.

Btw, some very cool books appearing in the new Edelweiss catalogue.

My Definites:
    Absolute Justice League: The World’s Greatest Superheroes by Alex Ross & Paul Dini
    Batman & Robin by Peter Tomasi & Patrick Gleason Omnibus
    Batman Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 2: Knightquest
    Supergirl: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2

Maybes:
    Aquaman: The Atlantis Chronicles Deluxe Edition
    Green Arrow: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1
    Justice League International Omnibus Vol. 1
    Justice League: The Darkseid War Saga Omnibus
    Superman: Kryptonite Deluxe Edition (I’m not familiar with this material, but I’m interested)
    Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5 (I’m not sure whether to continue this line further than the first few volumes)
    Superman: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book One (I’m thinking it may be better to wait for an eventual Omnibus)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just went through the catalog and Raffi just beat me to it, cause no one had mentioned Green Arrow Golden Age Omni vol.1 yet.
    It's 700 pages and priced at $125, that's a good jump from the other GA Omnis for about the same page count.
    Collects MORE FUN COMICS #73-107, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #7-28 and ADVENTURE COMICS #103-117.

The Batgirl Bronze Age Omni is 800 pages and $100. Sheesh, seems DC is pricing themselves all over the map like Marvel has been doing.
    Also, if the JLI Omni collects the entirety of that era's run, like the JL Detroit Era Omni, why label it volume 1 at all? Just label it like you did the Detroit Era Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm really on the fence of selling my NTT omnibus books. Hmm..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just went through the catalog and Raffi just beat me to it, cause no one had mentioned Green Arrow Golden Age Omni vol.1 yet.
    It's 700 pages and priced at $125, that's a good jump from the other GA Omnis for about the same page count.
    Collects MORE FUN COMICS #73-107, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #7-28 and ADVENTURE COMICS #103-117.

The Batgirl Bronze Age Omni is 800 pages and $100. Sheesh, seems DC is pricing themselves all over the map like Marvel has been doing.
    Also, if the JLI Omni collects the entirety of that era's run, like the JL Detroit Era Omni, why label it volume 1 at all? Just label it like you did the Detroit Era Omni.
    The JLI omnibus does not get the entire run. According to the listing is has JL/JLI/JLA #1-30, Annual 1-3, JLE 1-6. That leaves JLA 31-60, Annual 4-5, JLE 7-36, Annual 1-2, and JLQuarterly 1-3. That's close to 2 more omnibi worth of material.

I just read thru the list of releases last night and WOW!!!!! Tons of stuff I want to buy but sheesh!!!!
    I'd be broke. And the prices on some of these are sky high.
    Since I got back into collecting last year and spent a ton of $$$ the first 8-9 months, I promised myself to set a monthly limit on spending of $50 to $100, especially early this year. Just no extra money available and I don't do credit cards.
    Why is DC releasing so many Omni's and Deluxe's at one time and not spread out?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I just read thru the list of releases last night and WOW!!!!! Tons of stuff I want to buy but sheesh!!!!
    Since I got back into collecting last year and spent a ton of $$$ the first 8-9 months, I promised myself to set a monthly limit on spending of $50 to $100, especially early this year. Just no extra money available and I don't do credit cards.
    Don't see you around here as much as I used to. Where are you hiding?

$50-$100 is definitely enough. I can't remember though, but did we talk about you buying from IST? A lot of their release date trades and Omni's are 50% off. Which outs it right about the like for free shipping too. Amazon occasionally has a preorder sale as well, where you can snipe it for pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Don't see you around here as much as I used to. Where are you hiding?

$50-$100 is definitely enough. I can't remember though, but did we talk about you buying from IST? A lot of their release date trades and Omni's are 50% off. Which outs it right about the like for free shipping too. Amazon occasionally has a preorder sale as well, where you can snipe it for pretty cheap.
    Hiding? I've not been hiding. I've been busy working up in the Watchtower protecting Earth.
    No, I've been super busy at my husband's and I's electrical repair business.
    I made a couple big private purchases of various TPB's from a fellow member here along with Christmas gifts for all my family (and a few more books for me, hee hee, ), and I've not had any extra funds. So I've kind of stayed away here because I'm like a kid in the sweet tart and spree part of the candy store!!! I want, I want, I want.

I've also got a separate stash of cash that's been set aside since last fall to do my first bindings this Spring. I'm short on what all I want to do, so I must build that up as well.
    I LOVE THIS BOARD and collecting but It can be evil on my money supply!

And yes, IST is my friend, thanks to you.
    I go there frequently and have a HUGE wishlist that will never be filled but it's fun to dream!
    Most all of my past purchases comes from there now.
    Although I DID pre-order Wonder Woman Vol 2 by Perez on Amazon when it was cheaply listed for a late May release.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

also the GA GA stuff is not really the strongest as far as I'm aware. Wasn't the Kirby proto omni with GA omn the cover the last to go oop too? I just don't see people rushing to spend that money on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Even if DC is releasing them in a short time I don't see a lot of these going oop quickly like Marvel omnibuses do so I think you will be safe if you spread your spendings.