View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 848 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3487487988388448458468478488498508518528588989481348 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Oh I agree but I was curious if we think that volume 2 gets a quick reprint. Reminds me of when Planetary got back to back reprints some years ago.
    That's true! Good point, I had forgotten about that

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Gold...n%3A7421491011

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Arrow-G...n%3A7421491011

You know, this happens to me sometimes too. People will be talking about new Amazon fish and despite all my searching I can't find them. Not sure if it is glitch or something. Anyway, they were showing up on my search this time.
    Thanks for the links. Pre-orders being placed shortly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wonder on these, and I think these are very good choices for DC to 'test the non Archive' waters on.
    I mean, Supes has his own audience already, and those that have already got the first 4 will undoubtedly get the 5th.

And Green Arrow, first off it's got King Kriby's name attached to it, so for that group of folks who wants everything he did, and now in oversized, they'll jump on that. Plus fans of GA in general be it from TV or elsewhere. And then the rest of us who want to support new GA lines so we can hopefully get MORE GA material other than the big 3 (I'm looking at you, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman (I know, he was in the Flash's comics), Green Lantern, etc...!) Also, How about an All-Star comics omnibus or three? The entire run was archived, so the files should be ready to go! Maybe they're sitting on those until the time is right - perhaps a JSA explosion in the new Rebirth era at some point will make them want to publish old JSA stuff. Who knows?

Anyways, I think the future is bright for these two omnis specifically. Hopefully i'm not just being overly positive on this.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Took me a while, but I finally finished reading the Death & Return of Superman omnibus. Man that's a big book! I enjoyed it for the most part...even if it dragged a little in the moments after his death. I read somewhere that even this revised omnibus left out some material..does anyone know what's missing and where to find it?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Took me a while, but I finally finished reading the Death & Return of Superman omnibus. Man that's a big book! I enjoyed it for the most part...even if it dragged a little in the moments after his death. I read somewhere that even this revised omnibus left out some material..does anyone know what's missing and where to find it?
    Compare the contents to the new TPBs.

And want to read the Death of Superman saga but debating between the omni and trades.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    And Green Arrow, first off it's got King Kriby's name attached to it, so for that group of folks who wants everything he did, and now in oversized, they'll jump on that. Plus fans of GA in general be it from TV or elsewhere.
    This Golden Age Green Arrow (GAGA) omni shouldn't have any Kirby in it at all, Kirby didnt do any work on Green Arrow until the late 50s (1958??) and this is all the 1940s Green Arrow stuff. I'm a huge fan of Green Arrow and will definintily be buying this GAGA Omni because a) it has Green Arrow in the title and I'm a chump and b) I believe this is the first time the vast majority of these stories have been offciailly reprinted More Fun Comics #73 and #89 were included in the GA 75th celebration book but I don't think theses been any other reprint of these 1940s GA stories (the Black and White showcase, which I don't own so can't double check kicks off with the Kirby stuff in the late 50s I think).

The Amazon UK for the GAGA omni is up at £100+ which is mental, I've thrown in a preorder to show my support, but i'll be keeping a close eye on the price towards release as I have no intention of paying anywhere near that much.

(The fact this book abbreviates to GAGA makes me giggle like a small child)

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    This Golden Age Green Arrow (GAGA) omni shouldn't have any Kirby in it at all, Kirby didnt do any work on Green Arrow until the late 50s (1958??) and this is all the 1940s Green Arrow stuff. I'm a huge fan of Green Arrow and will definintily be buying this GAGA Omni because a) it has Green Arrow in the title and I'm a chump and b) I believe this is the first time the vast majority of these stories have been offciailly reprinted More Fun Comics #73 and #89 were included in the GA 75th celebration book but I don't think theses been any other reprint of these 1940s GA stories (the Black and White showcase, which I don't own so can't double check kicks off with the Kirby stuff in the late 50s I think).

The Amazon UK for the GAGA omni is up at £100+ which is mental, I've thrown in a preorder to show my support, but i'll be keeping a close eye on the price towards release as I have no intention of paying anywhere near that much.

(The fact this book abbreviates to GAGA makes me giggle like a small child)
    Sorry about that about the Kirby connection! I know there'd been some Kirby GA TPB(s) released in the past and thought it was included in this material. My fault for not being thorough.
    GAGA - that's funny.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Sorry about that about the Kirby connection! I know there'd been some Kirby GA TPB(s) released in the past and thought it was included in this material. My fault for not being thorough.
    GAGA - that's funny.
    How is GAGA not an official DC term by now!?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

If they do a volume 2 with the Kirby stuff, I'll definitely pick it up, since I'm a big Kirby fan. But, I have absolutely no interest in any other GA GA. I might picku up a trade version to get his debut issue, but I have no real interest beside that.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

How is the binding of the Green Lantern Omnis compared to the Brightest Day Omni?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    How is the binding of the Green Lantern Omnis compared to the Brightest Day Omni?
    They're good (as far as DC bindings go). Although i don't own it, I heard Brightest Day was crappy if i recall correctly.

Incredible Member

Yeah, the Johns GL bindings were good for me.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've got close to a dozen Amazon preorders at present. I only do this with DC books though. In the past when I did it with Marvel books, it never paid off, and I always ended up cancelling and ordering from DCBS. Has that been your experience as well? Or have you had luck preordering Marvel books from Amazon also?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I've got close to a dozen Amazon preorders at present. I only do this with DC books though. In the past when I did it with Marvel books, it never paid off, and I always ended up cancelling and ordering from DCBS. Has that been your experience as well? Or have you had luck preordering Marvel books from Amazon also?
    Ive never preordered before, but I hear Omni's like Walt Simmons Thor omni will be sold out shortly after release, and I should Preorder. Besides price, are there any more benefits to preordering?