View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 849 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3497497998398458468478488498508518528538598999491349 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,735 of 21670
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Ive never preordered before, but I hear Omni's like Walt Simmons Thor omni will be sold out shortly after release, and I should Preorder. Besides price, are there any more benefits to preordering?
    Isn't a lower price enough??

For me, I like it because I don't have to worry about it going out of stock.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I've got close to a dozen Amazon preorders at present. I only do this with DC books though. In the past when I did it with Marvel books, it never paid off, and I always ended up cancelling and ordering from DCBS. Has that been your experience as well? Or have you had luck preordering Marvel books from Amazon also?
    I've only Pre-Ordered and followed through with it twice at Amzon.
    One was the recent B:Brave&Bold Bronze Age Omni and the other was a non Omni book but lower than I could get at retail. The Batman Omni surprised me and arrived fine despite not being packed great. I was shocked.
    I've never done the Pre-Order, cancel it in the final week(s) before release and then gotten it like I normally would at IST. I will be this time though cause I'm trusting our sources that indicated how important a pre-order is on these two books.

So, I've done it.
    Amazon Pre-Order.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I wish we could pre-order books on CGN, but they don't allow that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

What's the consensus of the deluxe editions of Legion of Super Heroes the Great Darkness Saga and the Curse?
    Also, any word if this run will continue in deluxe collections. I noticed they collect issues that all run back-to-back.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    What's the consensus of the deluxe editions of Legion of Super Heroes the Great Darkness Saga and the Curse?
    Also, any word if this run will continue in deluxe collections. I noticed they collect issues that all run back-to-back.
    I've tried to read the Great Darkness saga in the new ed. tpb and I just couldn't get into it. And I usually like Bronze age stuff but I just couldn't care about the characters or what's happening to them (I've only read Johns LoSH before) and the art was pretty weak too. Also the first few issues I've managed to read had nothing to do with any kind of saga or darkness.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Ive never preordered before, but I hear Omni's like Walt Simmons Thor omni will be sold out shortly after release, and I should Preorder. Besides price, are there any more benefits to preordering?
    I preorder through Amazon as soon as a DC book I want shows up. Because of their preorder price guarantee, however low the price drops to is what you end up paying for it. So if it drops to 60% off for just 5 minutes, you lock in at that price, even if the price is higher on the day of release. You aren't charged until the item ships, and you can cancel the order any time, free of charge. You can also return the book after you receive it, for a full refund. For some reason, it's not uncommon for DC books to drop down below 50% off at some point during the preorder period.

If it doesn't drop lower than 50% before it's time to make my DCBS order, I just cancel the Amazon order and go with DCBS for 50% off cover. I also use DCBS to order single issues (for 40% off generally).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've only Pre-Ordered and followed through with it twice at Amzon.
    One was the recent B:Brave&Bold Bronze Age Omni and the other was a non Omni book but lower than I could get at retail. The Batman Omni surprised me and arrived fine despite not being packed great. I was shocked.
    I've never done the Pre-Order, cancel it in the final week(s) before release and then gotten it like I normally would at IST. I will be this time though cause I'm trusting our sources that indicated how important a pre-order is on these two books.

So, I've done it.
    Amazon Pre-Order.jpg
    Cool. I wonder if someone could ask the guy (who said the preorder is important) if Amazon retail preorders "count," or if it's specifically Direct Market preorders. I don't know either way. I just know that Direct Market preorders are something you have to pay for immediately, and can't cancel. Whereas Amazon you can cancel and also don't actually pay until the release date. I hope Amazon orders would be taken into consideration, but it'd be nice to hear from someone who knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I wish we could pre-order books on CGN, but they don't allow that.
    Agree. They used to do that but stopped a few years back. It was a disappointment. I had been using them, but then switched over to DCBS when they stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've tried to read the Great Darkness saga in the new ed. tpb and I just couldn't get into it. And I usually like Bronze age stuff but I just couldn't care about the characters or what's happening to them (I've only read Johns LoSH before) and the art was pretty weak too. Also the first few issues I've managed to read had nothing to do with any kind of saga or darkness.
    OK, thanks. We generally agree (except you don't like Grendel, do ya???).

I read a lot of the DnA Legion stuff years ago and liked it, but, quite frankly, there is a ton of Bronze Age stuff that I just do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OK, thanks. We generally agree (except you don't like Grendel, do ya???).

I read a lot of the DnA Legion stuff years ago and liked it, but, quite frankly, there is a ton of Bronze Age stuff that I just do not like.
    I just didn't like the execution of Grendel. But I liked the Shadow crossover and some parts of vol1 (especially the longer story at the end) and I'm still excited to read the Batman one.

Fantastic Member

Did anyone get Justice League Bronze Age Om.? I am curious about the (re)coloring.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Did anyone get Justice League Bronze Age Om.? I am curious about the (re)coloring.
    That makes two of us.

I've got this book in my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger since I haven't come across any reviews of the material from that era...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I just didn't like the execution of Grendel. But I liked the Shadow crossover and some parts of vol1 (especially the longer story at the end) and I'm still excited to read the Batman one.
    Honestly maybe skip to "War Child" and just read that cold - it's the most accessible story of the entire run imo.

What is the final consensus on the Geoff Johns Flash omnibuses? Did they release a vol. 3 without the printing error? Is the binding fine on all of them?

Thanks guys. Small question on the amazon preordering, if I "purchase" it at 60% off, but then the next day it drops to say 65% off, and I missed it, does it give me automatically that 5%?

I'm so excited for the Bronze Age Swamp Thing and Kirby's Fourth World omnibi coming out at the end of this year. There's some paperback Kirby from DC as well, with The Demon, Challengers, and Mister Miracle.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks guys. Small question on the amazon preordering, if I "purchase" it at 60% off, but then the next day it drops to say 65% off, and I missed it, does it give me automatically that 5%?
    Yes, if it is still on preorder.

And answering Master Destructor's question regarding whether amazon preorders "count" on the Golden Age Omnis : Yes, they do. He said all preorders count.