View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 855 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3557558058458518528538548558568578588598659059551355 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Completely off topic but thought you might like this. There is an awesome Hawkgirl statue coming out this week.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP160386
    Wow! Nice! It's ME!
    Except I'm a little lighter skinned.
    I wish they weren't so darned expensive. I would definitely buy if it was about half that.
    Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark it.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Wow! Nice! It's ME!
    I wish they weren't so darned expensive. I would definitely buy if it was about half that.
    Yeah, and fair warning, just like books, these things are a slippery slope. You buy one, then you want another, and another, and so on.

Cass Cain V.3 was just released in Jan. I haven't seen any news on it, but I'm sure DC is going to wait and see how sales go for the first three.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Wow! Nice! It's ME!
    Called it. I knew you would complain about the price. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Called it. I knew you would complain about the price. ��
    You did??? Haha.

Well, if I could figure out a way to grow some money in our gardens, then price wouldn't be a problem.

And... I'm sure I couldn't just buy one. I'd have to recreate the entire Justice League roster, or one of everything they put out there!
    (FYI... I do have a decent collection of the justice league /jlu action figures. I started collecting those as soon as they were released when the show was on Cartoon Network. I'm missing about 20-25 figures, but have picked up a couple here and there every year on eBay. And yes, I buy them opened as I have them posed all around my business office that I work in.

Back in realville here... I have to be careful how I spend my extra $$$ and get the Omni's and Deluxes I think I'll want to re-read at least once. The problem with this is, it's just about all of them that DC has published! Yikes!
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 04-10-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Hearing things that HJ&GCL along with Aquaman Deluxe HC are canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Hearing things that HJ&GCL along with Aquaman Deluxe HC are canceled.
    Where? I was really looking forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Deluxe Editions I would like to see:

Batman by Matt Wagner (Monster Men, Mad Monk, Faces)
    Heck, throw in the Batman/Riddler one-shot and the black and white story, and maybe Trinity and - it would never happen - the Grendel cross over and you'd have a nice omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Where? I was really looking forward to them.
    I saw it on Twitter. I asked why, but no answer. Couldn't be from low presales...

Has anyone heard anything about new Knightfall trades eventually that will collect all of the omnibus stuff? Similar to the new DoS trades?

I want Knightquest: The Search, and it obviously wasn't collected in the 2012 trades...but I don't think I want to get the omnis for it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Also, I know this is for HC/Deluxe/Omnis, but does anyone know yet if the solicit for the Batman: Legacy vol 1 is correct? After the newer Contagion trade, this one seems kinda light at 10 issues.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Also, I know this is for HC/Deluxe/Omnis, but does anyone know yet if the solicit for the Batman: Legacy vol 1 is correct? After the newer Contagion trade, this one seems kinda light at 10 issues.
    I don't have the book in front of me to check the contents, but it is quite a bit thinner than contagion.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't be correct seeing as it is a vol. 1 so they obviously chopped the material in two books. Until I see an actual reason for it, I'm gonna mark it as another dumb DC move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    I don't see why it wouldn't be correct seeing as it is a vol. 1 so they obviously chopped the material in two books. Until I see an actual reason for it, I'm gonna mark it as another dumb DC move.
    I was out of comics by the time Legacy originally came out, so even though it's a volume 1 I thought there might be more issues taking place before it (like Contagion had with all of the extra stuff). I think volume 2 would only need ~7 issues to finish Legacy, so hopefully they pad it with more follow-up issues.

I'd have preferred a fat trade over 2 seperate volumes, but I'm a sucker - I ordered volume 1 last night lol I also bit the bullet and ordered Knightfall Omnibus Volume 1. It will look great on my shelf next to my DoS omni :P

Fantastic Member

There's Batman: Bane one-shot and Batman: Bane of the Demon mini-series. But all of that in one book would still be less pages than Bruce Wayne: Murderer or the Knightfall trades. And most importantly, we'd have whole Legacy NOW, as opposed to who knows when.

As quite often: eh, it's DC.
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 04-12-2017 at 05:36 AM.