View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 857 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3577578078478538548558568578588598608618679079571357 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've not been the biggest fan of Ruckas Wonder Woman so far, which is a shame because I love most anything the man does (Lazarus, Queen & Country, Checkmate, Gotham Central), but it just kind of feels disconnected fromt he rest of the Rebirth Universe at the minute (even worse than Azzarellos run) and it also feels like hes spent the entire time sticking two fingers up to anyone who came before him and removing from continuity anything that wasnt his, I also dropped it from my pull list before the last batch of solicitations came out because I was getting frustrated with how disjointed the entire thing felt, maybe it'll read better when it has a definite end point.

I've been enjoying Perez and Azzarellos WW much more than Ruckas most recent stint.
    This isn't a bad thing imo...especially in the case of Azzarello's run. The new 52 era was fairly meh all around, I liked the fact that his WW stood apart from everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    This isn't a bad thing imo...especially in the case of Azzarello's run. The new 52 era was fairly meh all around, I liked the fact that his WW stood apart from everything else.
    I'm one of the rare bunch that enjoyed a majority of the N52. I liked how WW was kind of doing her own thing, but in a world where everything was supposed to fit so tightly and neatly, it was confusing how this fit. Regardless, it was wonderful not to have crossovers, tie ins and things like that.

I picked up the Knightfall omnibus today. Man the dustjacket spine is UGLY. The dustjacket art is wrap-around and it just looks really bad, especially on the spine. Doesn't fit the Knightfall aesthetic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I picked up the Knightfall omnibus today. Man the dustjacket spine is UGLY. The dustjacket art is wrap-around and it just looks really bad, especially on the spine. Doesn't fit the Knightfall aesthetic at all.
    Are you able to snap a picture please?

man, it's been ages since i've posted...

chiming in on some of the wonder woman talk. i've found rucka's rebirth to be rather...boring. i enjoyed the first arc, set in the past. i can't pinpoint my dislike of the rest, just didn't excite me at all. and rucka is one of my favorite writer's (please tell me you guys are reading The Old Guard from image?) i imagined this series would be a step down from the azzarello N52 run, but not to the extent that it currently is. wonder woman was my favorite run of N52, and i enjoyed quite a few stories. my copy of the azz/chiang absolute should be arriving on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon, and i can't wait to revisit it.
    formerly 'weeks'

Knightfall pictures: http://imgur.com/a/HqnXB

There's a new forward and a new afterword.

No table of contents

Only a few extras, which is a shame. Wish there was someone like Jeph York working at DC who cared enough to track down the different house ads, trading cards, etc.

No table of contents

Only a few extras, which is a shame. Wish there was someone like Jeph York working at DC who cared enough to track down the different house ads, trading cards, etc.
    No table of contents?! That really doesn't make sense.

No contents does indeed seem like a strange omission...but I can live with sparse extras so long as the prelude issues that were missing from the chunky trades are finally included. Mapping is such an important and overlooked aspect of collected editions. But damn that spine...there's nothing wrong with it intrinsically, but it would have been suited better for a Batman anthology of sorts. It's not really indicative of Knightfall in any way.....I mean c'mon, at least have Bane on there!
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 04-14-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

No table of contents

You're right, that is one awful looking spine.

Thanks for the pics btw.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

In general I like Jim Aparo but not Knightfall Jim Aparo. Does that make sense??

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    No table of contents?! That really doesn't make sense.
    Have other DC omnibuses had them? I don't think the Johns JSA omni's did.

Incredible Member

No table of contents

Thanks for the pics, shame about the spine but I guess they wanted the wraparound cover by Jones. Too bad they didnt include house ads or promos etc, what extras are there exactly?

Blech!!! I don't like the Knightfall spine at all!
    That sucker will look out of place next to my Golden Age Bat and Sups Omni's.

How is the paper quality? How many omnibus's will there probably be? 2 or 3?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I've read all the negative comments before I looked at the pics so I expected way worse. I think the Simonson Orion omni has a worse spine design so I'm not that bothered. Had to cancel my preorder because I had stuff coming out right now I wanted more but only saved 4-5 quid on it anyway so I will just get it another time.

Incredible Member

Yeah that Knightfall spine isn't too bad reminds me of DaRoS or One Million, the text being bottom aligned is a little odd but as long as they stick to that pattern for the other 2 volumes they'll look just fine next to each other on the shelf.

I agree Orion is probably the worst DC spine, the pattern + Simonsons just look wonky and badly aligned.