View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 862 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3627628128528588598608618628638648658668729129621362 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    So (off the top of my head) this includes no's 1 to 19 (or was it 20) when swampy discovers he isn't a 'muck encrusted mockery of a man' but actually a plant?

So this means I can get rid of my saga of the swamp thing regular hc?
    Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 is the Pasko run that was never collected. #20 is where Moore took over with the issue "Loose Ends", where they shoot him down. #21 is "The Anatomy Lesson" where Moore revealed he is actually a plant believing to be a man. These are collected in the Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore trades, starting with Book 1.

All-New Member

I really want saga of the Swamp Thing in absolute format.... but I guess I will have to settle for omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 is the Pasko run that was never collected. #20 is where Moore took over with the issue "Loose Ends", where they shoot him down. #21 is "The Anatomy Lesson" where Moore revealed he is actually a plant believing to be a man. These are collected in the Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore trades, starting with Book 1.
    My mistake, it was roots of the swamp thing I was thinking about, so I could get rid of that and replace it with the omnibus

My mistake, it was roots of the swamp thing I was thinking about, so I could get rid of that and replace it with the omnibus
    Correct. I dont know if that ever came with an intro or forward, but that would be the only value in keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    The cover for the Darkseid War omni is pretty cool. And that's coming from a guy who prefers minimalist art design.

On a side note, I wish they would do an omni of John's and Donner's run on Superman.
    Yes, this is a series I have always wanted to read but never got around to doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by ZGOD View Post
    I really want saga of the Swamp Thing in absolute format.... but I guess I will have to settle for omnibus
    Same!

Yes.

Amazing Member

Is InStockTrades any better with shipping than Amazon? I've got a shelf full of dented-corner omnis including today's Batman GA 3, which also came with the sloppiest shrink-wrapping I've seen on a book. I remember when Amazon wrapped your order in plastic with a stiff cardboard backer underneath so the corners were well clear of the sides of the box. They have also eschewed air pocket cushions so my two books came today just free and loose in the box. So tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sinescu View Post
    Is InStockTrades any better with shipping than Amazon? I've got a shelf full of dented-corner omnis including today's Batman GA 3, which also came with the sloppiest shrink-wrapping I've seen on a book. I remember when Amazon wrapped your order in plastic with a stiff cardboard backer underneath so the corners were well clear of the sides of the box. They have also eschewed air pocket cushions so my two books came today just free and loose in the box. So tired of this.
    I've been ordering from IST for years. Never had a single problem with damages, and they have all been delivered exactly the same way. 10/10, compared to when I ordered from Amazon, and they sent my trades in a yellow bubble wrapped envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sinescu View Post
    Literally the best place to buy comics from unless you're in Tennessee or outside of the US.

They pack the books in sofa-like Styrofoam, or if the order is large enough Styrofoam peanuts and the books are bound to each other so they don't slide around
    Last edited by ER Prest; 04-19-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Amazing Member

Great, thanks for the feedback on IST. I'm placing a test order now (okay, it's partially an excuse to order another omni or three), then I'll cancel the rest of my amazon preorders.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Literally the best place to buy comics from unless you're in Tennessee or outside of the US.
    I don't let it stop me. Sure, I pay the tax but I just mentally allow myself to think of it as "insurance". I know I will not have to worry about returns and the hassle that entails.
    IST is THE place to buy Omni/Absolutes/OHC and for that rare .5% of the time some imperfection occurs IST Customer Service has never failed me in the decade I've been using them.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't let it stop me. Sure, I pay the tax but I just mentally allow myself to think of it as "insurance". I know I will not have to worry about returns and the hassle that entails.
    IST is THE place to buy Omni/Absolutes/OHC and for that rare .5% of the time some imperfection occurs IST Customer Service has never failed me in the decade I've been using them.
    Haha, I'd probably still buy from them if I lived there too.

And yes, their customer service is honestly some of the best in any business I have ever experienced. Cannot recommend them enough. Super nice people

The very first time I ordered from IST, I was shocked at the packaging. Like, jaw-on-floor shocked. It's bomb-proof.

I have not ordered online from anywhere else in the 3 years since discovering them.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    Thanks for the honest review. I really dig Johns but he is not immune to pooping it up sometimes.
    Oh, you've read Teen Titans?

(I'm kidding, his TT is... fine. Coming right on the heels of Young Justice didn't do it any favors.)

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

They pack the books in sofa-like Styrofoam, or if the order is large enough Styrofoam peanuts and the books are bound to each other so they don't slide around
    Man, I was wondering why I got charged tax. There in Memphis. Dang, I envy you guys who get free shipping and no tax. I have to say that instocktrades is the absolute best with shipping. They are just plain awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Oh, you've read Teen Titans?

(I'm kidding, his TT is... fine. Coming right on the heels of Young Justice didn't do it any favors.)
    I just ordered Book 1 TPB of GF Teen Titans . . . so, I hope he didn't poop it up with it. I'll have to read it and judge it with myself.