View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 863 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 3637638138538598608618628638648658668678739139631363 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Oh, you've read Teen Titans?

(I'm kidding, his TT is... fine. Coming right on the heels of Young Justice didn't do it any favors.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    I just ordered Book 1 TPB of GF Teen Titans . . . so, I hope he didn't poop it up with it. I'll have to read it and judge it with myself.
    I liked his TT a lot, up until the end. It kinda petered out as Johns left to do other things.

And I have not read YJ so I can't comment

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I liked his TT a lot, up until the end. It kinda petered out as Johns left to do other things.

And I have not read YJ so I can't comment
    Didnt Peter Davids YJ just come out?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow that first arc was a turd. Remember the part where Batman just randomly decides to run down the road without his mask?
    Yeah. God. That was the absolute lowpoint of the entire shitty thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Going way off topic, but then there was Justice League United, which took too long in story arcs, and lost interest among its fans. I remember being really excited DC was releasing a new, female, Canadian hero, Equinox onto the the team, and they never did anything with her. I guess she didnt gain the same traction as other new characters, like say Bluebird/Harper Row? Regardless, again, a team similar to the concept idea of Justice League Detroit, or even International, with lesser known, sometimes younger heroes, entering the ranks of "Justice League".
    But where's Harper Row now, eh? I don't see her going the distance as a character either. I rather like Equinox, and since she's Jeff Lemire's creation, if he ever writes anything for DC in the future she may show up someplace she can gain traction.

Justice League United had the best modern Legion of Superheroes story I've read. That whole arc was epic and a lot of fun. A pleasant surprise.

It totally fucked up Adam Strange, though. Lemire really missed the entire pulpy appeal behind the concept in trying to empower Alanna. I don't know if he's been Rebirthed yet, but I hope it throws all that out like it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I unabashedly love the New Krypton Saga, but dear god the ending is awful. They could think of a better ending than just slaughtering all of them? Just have Superman decide to come back!
    New Krypton was so awesome, and then that ending was so disappointing and awful. A total "whatever, we don't care anymore, let's reset the whole status quo now" handwave that was treated with none of the emotional consequences and trauma it would engender in the characters.

It's still worth reading just as such a radically different, imaginative, and bold Superman story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    But where's Harper Row now, eh? I don't see her going the distance as a character either.
    A regular in Tynion's Detective Comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    I just ordered Book 1 TPB of GF Teen Titans . . . so, I hope he didn't poop it up with it. I'll have to read it and judge it with myself.
    Honestly, it's not bad... don't let me being grumpy ruin it for you. I'd imagine it reads better to people who have any inherent affection for Cyborg or Starfire or Beast Boy (I don't). It's just that, coming immediately after the awesome craziness and humor that was YJ, a perfectly standard "young superheroes" book was bound to disappoint. But read in isolation, that wouldn't be a problem. Enjoy it!

(That said, yes, everyone should pick up the first TPB of Young Justice next month when it's released. By about midway through the first volume, it finds its stride and we're off to the races.)

Fantastic Member

I'm not going to pick up the first TPB of Young Justice because it doesn't have #1000000 or Secret Origins 80-Page Giant. Therefore, I'm not going to pick up the following collections.

However, there was a Diamond update which added 40 pages to this book. But of course it didn't say how exactly the content was changed if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Didnt Peter Davids YJ just come out?
    On IST its not listed. Probably soldout already.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Amazon lists it as due to release May 2, though I don't see it listed in IST's "Coming Soon" section.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    I'm not going to pick up the first TPB of Young Justice because it doesn't have #1000000 or Secret Origins 80-Page Giant. Therefore, I'm not going to pick up the following collections.
    I mean, it's a decision to be made. Obviously I'd prefer that those two issues be included as well, but the economic reality is that if this collection doesn't sell well, there won't be any further ones. I'm willing to (reluctantly) live with imperfection if it means supporting further volumes and hopefully exposing more readers to one of the best series of the late '90s/early '00s. But I'm not judging anyone who feels differently.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Not that this is set in stone, but TalesofWonder shows release day for Young Justice to be on 4/26/17, so I think you all might be looking a week early. :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Jesus, when did the Adams Batman Omni go out of print? It's already a third over cover price.

I was kind of regretting picking it up, since its so far down my backlog, but its already going for like 300% profit off of of what I paid for it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Not that this is set in stone, but TalesofWonder shows release day for Young Justice to be on 4/26/17, so I think you all might be looking a week early. :-)
    Ah. I knew it was soon. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Jesus, when did the Adams Batman Omni go out of print? It's already a third over cover price.

I was kind of regretting picking it up, since its so far down my backlog, but its already going for like 300% profit off of of what I paid for it.
    Doesn't it just reprint the garish re-coloured, re-drawn versions anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Doesn't it just reprint the garish re-coloured, re-drawn versions anyway?
    Yes along with that piece of **** Odyssey story he wrote. The guy can draw but, damn, he is as bad a writer as Ann Nocenti.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes along with that piece of **** Odyssey story he wrote. The guy can draw but, damn, he is as bad a writer as Ann Nocenti.
    I just picked it up to get the Denny O'Neil stuff. Odessy is trash.
    Cyclops was right

Did they ever re-print the Flash and JLA silver age omnis with the newer uniformed dust jacket, like they did with Green Lantern?
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 04-20-2017 at 09:08 PM.