View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 866 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3667668168568628638648658668678688698708769169661366 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 21672
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    So after the Superman World of tomorrow HC got canceled, I've now got a mail from Amazon that the release of Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1HC got delayed until may 2018. So we'll probably never see this book either. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to these collections. I hope the will be released in some other form soon.
    Damn it, I was really looking forward to this book. It's contents are from around the same era as the canceled Superman book, but I figured anything Batman was a sure bet, and not a cancellation risk.

Maybe they've decided to do LotDK: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 2 instead? I think a lot of the same material would be covered that was solicited in the Caped Crusader HC...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes they have no limits (so far) but sometimes it takes them some time, they let the requests pile up then let everyone in at once (probably because they are busy). If you won't get in within a week-week and a half you should contact one of the mods.
    Wish they had a group similar to it outside FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Wish they had a group similar to it outside FB.
    Do you ever post over at MMW forum?
    One of my summer reads I plan to do is to go read every page of the uncollected Homegrown Hardcovers Binding Forum.
    They truly have some cool looking designs over there.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Do you ever post over at MMW forum?
    One of my summer reads I plan to do is to go read every page of the uncollected Homegrown Hardcovers Binding Forum.
    They truly have some cool looking designs over there.
    I've merely heard legends of the MMW forums. They're far beyond my knowledge on comics.

I've merely heard legends of the MMW forums. They're far beyond my knowledge on comics.
    Alrighty then, moving on....

(I'm a member but dont post a lot.
    When I do its in the omnibus and collected editions area, like here)

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...-Message-Board

But I mainly post here as I like most of the members and conversations better.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 04-25-2017 at 04:32 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Alrighty then, moving on....

(I'm a member but dont post a lot.
    When I do its in the omnibus and collected editions area, like here)

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...-Message-Board

But I mainly post here as I like most of the members and conversations better.
    Yeah, they're basicallytoo hardcore for me there. I'm already having trouble keeping up with paper styles here! Let alone what a perfect omnibus should contian

Yeah, they're basicallytoo hardcore for me there. I'm already having trouble keeping up with paper styles here! Let alone what a perfect omnibus should contian
    See, I'm kind of out of the loop lately. I had BIG BIG plans to have some TPB's bound with Dick Grayson, then he told me he was moving but would guide me along. He started guiding me along with info and I'm pretty decent with Photoshop Elements, so I was still pretty excited. Then our electrical business got slow in Jan and Feb (no extra money), but has picked up big time now. Now I'm working constantly with my husband and NO time to read much less be on here a lot. Also no time to finish designing my 6 covers and all the extras I want to do. I still have my original $$$$ saved up for 6 binds that I was going to do with Dick before his announcement around the Holiday's, but just have kept it tucked away.

So... what are you referring to with paper styles. Fill me in.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 04-25-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got an email update from Amazon saying that Superman The Golden Age volume 5 has had a release date shift to Jan 30, 2018. It was originally solicited for Dec 2017. That means even with Amazons typical 2 week delay from the direct market that the book is a solid Jan 2018 release now.

My questions then are this:
    1-Since there was the requests to pre-order the book to prove the audience was there should/could we take this as a good sign? They are either allowing for more pre-orders to develop and/or want more lead time to perfect the re-mastering needed for the book.

2-The Green Arrow Golden Age vol.1 was also in the same situation. I did not get an update on that book which is(was) solicited for a Nov '17 release. Should there be concern on that front?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Maybe someone can help me out here then as the MMW forum DC guys just ignored me when I bumped a thread that had laid dormant for nine months, and just proceeded to discuss anything other than my question (most of the Marvel guys are cool, although there are a couple of odd people that are just annoying and weird).

Anyhoo, my question is whether the reprint of New Teen Titans Vol 1 is going to have sewn binding or if it will be glued. Also, is it worth getting for someone who has never really been much of a DC reader?

See, I'm kind of out of the loop lately. I had BIG BIG plans to have some TPB's bound with Dick Grayson, then he told me he was moving but would guide me along. He started guiding me along with info and I'm pretty decent with Photoshop Elements, so I was still pretty excited. Then our electrical business got slow in Jan and Feb (no extra money), but has picked up big time now. Now I'm working constantly with my husband and NO time to read much less be on here a lot. Also no time to finish designing my 6 covers and all the extras I want to do. I still have my original $$$$ saved up for 6 binds that I was going to do with Dick before his announcement around the Holiday's, but just have kept it tucked away.

So... what are you referring to with paper styles. Fill me in.
    Does it add salt to the wound there's to be released the Grayson, Super spy omni?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Maybe someone can help me out here then as the MMW forum DC guys just ignored me when I bumped a thread that had laid dormant for nine months, and just proceeded to discuss anything other than my question (most of the Marvel guys are cool, although there are a couple of odd people that are just annoying and weird).

Anyhoo, my question is whether the reprint of New Teen Titans Vol 1 is going to have sewn binding or if it will be glued. Also, is it worth getting for someone who has never really been much of a DC reader?
    99.99999% going to be sewn, off the top of my head there has only been 3/4 glued Omni by DC (Johns Flash 1, SA Green Lantern 1/2 and Teen Titans 1) and there hasnt been a glued omni since (so thats about 6 years)

As for buying it for someone whose not much of a DC reader? Maybe, its one of those classic runs that everyone raves about if they like superhero comics in general they'll probably like NTT.

Incredible Member

Does it add salt to the wound there's to be released the Grayson, Super spy omni?
    My Grayson custom bind came back from the bindery about 3 weeks before they announced that Omni. *Sigh*

I don't know why it would be glued. DC hasn't had a glued omnibus since....Hawkman? That's like 5 years. So I think we would all be surprised if it had glued binding.

And it's pretty solid. It's definitely aged a little bit, but very solid stuff from Wolfman and Perez both.

Mighty Member

Sorry to hear that, but you get a lot of that in here too unfortunately. I'd almost guarantee the binding to be sewn, as DC hasn't put out a glued Omni in a few years. As for the material, its a great run but very much a product of the times, so keep that in mind if you're nor too familiar wirh that era ir accustomed to modern comics. Wolfman likes to write lol
    Last edited by awayne83; 04-25-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    So after the Superman World of tomorrow HC got canceled, I've now got a mail from Amazon that the release of Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1HC got delayed until may 2018. So we'll probably never see this book either. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to these collections. I hope the will be released in some other form soon.
    I'm still pretty salty over the Superman cancellation...especially considering what's going on with Superman Rebirth, I thought printing these old books would be a sure thing.

I was going to get Dick Grayson to custom bind all of Post-Crisis Superman for me, starting where the MoS trades ended, but then life happened and I had to put it off. Then DC announced the Man of Tomorrow book, so I held off even longer just to see what they would do with it. I'm just going to bind everything now...my map is probably more interesting than what DC would have released anyway.

Still salty though! (raises fist in the air angrily!)
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."