View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 872 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3727728228628688698708718728738748758768829229721372 ... LastLast
Results 13,066 to 13,080 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I understand people wanting to have their books signed. I understand why some people would want to try to sell signed items for a profit, not that I like the practice. I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a signed item from someone else.
    Probably toresell at a more profitable time (like the artists/writers death), or because they dont have a chance to get it themselves...? Which, thinking about it...I find it odd they can invest some money into That, and not making a trip to just go see themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I ordered vol. 2 today.a
    I knew the day would come. The absolutes look so nice. Comic geek problems.

eBay here I come.

I understand people wanting to have their books signed. I understand why some people would want to try to sell signed items for a profit, not that I like the practice. I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a signed item from someone else.
    This. The fun part is actually meeting them and talking to them. The sign is just the bonus​ to me

I recently met Mark Waid. I would've love to ask him countless questions. But if I could ask just one...I'd ask how he would redeem himself, for killing Ice way back when.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    Is the Young Justice TPB glossy or newspaper print?
    It's glossy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I recently met Mark Waid. I would've love to ask him countless questions. But if I could ask just one...I'd ask how he would redeem himself, for killing Ice way back when.
    I've met Mark a few times. Nice guy, I could probably chat about Superman for hours with him over beers. But he always seems like he's doing 700 things at once at cons though

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I've met Mark a few times. Nice guy, I could probably chat about Superman for hours with him over beers. But he always seems like he's doing 700 things at once at cons though
    I'm not bad talking him at all...I know I'm super boring. But I thanked him for coming to our city, which isn't very prestigious, and when I looked at him, he was a million miles away. Wasn't listening, out of it. One person was behind me in line. I'm not upset or anything, I just thought it was hilarious. Its why I didnt ask him about Ice.

I'm not bad talking him at all...I know I'm super boring. But I thanked him for coming to our city, which isn't very prestigious, and when I looked at him, he was a million miles away. Wasn't listening, out of it. One person was behind me in line. I'm not upset or anything, I just thought it was hilarious. Its why I didnt ask him about Ice.
    A friend of mine had dinner with him at his house. He said he's a really down to earth guy...super nice....He posted some facebook pictures. Waid has a ton of comic related stuff (which you'd expect around the house). I believe my friend was holding a replica of Thor's hammer with Waid. I'll have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A friend of mine had dinner with him at his house. He said he's a really down to earth guy...super nice....He posted some facebook pictures. Waid has a ton of comic related stuff (which you'd expect around the house). I believe my friend was holding a replica of Thor's hammer with Waid. I'll have to check.
    that's awesome!

There is a running joke in the FB group that he is a dick and he deleted someone on twitter because he asked him if Marvel will put his DD run in an omnibus but everything I hear or read with or about him just contradicts that.
    I'm not saying anyone is lying but there might be a different angle to that story (some misunderstanding maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that's awesome!

There is a running joke in the FB group that he is a dick and he deleted someone on twitter because he asked him if Marvel will put his DD run in an omnibus but everything I hear or read with or about him just contradicts that.
    I'm not saying anyone is lying but there might be a different angle to that story (some misunderstanding maybe).
    Well, when I heard about it I did say: are we talking about the same Mark Waid???

Ha ha.

Incredible Member

The hilarious things I see are of Stan Lee's signatures on books that he didn't work on.

Didnt realize IST is offering discounts for damaged items. Was on there looking for FCBD discounts. Nothing yet

Didnt realize IST is offering discounts for damaged items. Was on there looking for FCBD discounts. Nothing yet
    I've bought a number of trades and hardcovers. Nothing that's been unacceptable so far, and most are better than what amazon ships out.

I've bought a number of trades and hardcovers. Nothing that's been unacceptable so far, and most are better than what amazon ships out.
    Same here. I dont know if I've ever heard anyone complain about damages. So I wonder if they have been enough complains, or if they're just aiming to make good will with their clientele.

Same here. I dont know if I've ever heard anyone complain about damages. So I wonder if they have been enough complains, or if they're just aiming to make good will with their clientele.
    I meant the damaged books. I've bought a number of them with no major problems

I meant the damaged books. I've bought a number of them with no major problems
    Ah I see. Sorry I misread that.