View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 873 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3737738238638698708718728738748758768778839239731373 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,095 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Didnt realize IST is offering discounts for damaged items. Was on there looking for FCBD discounts. Nothing yet
    I just made an order with them a couple days ago, but it didn't occur to me to wait & see if they have a fcbd discount...do they usually have those? What kind of discounts are we talking?

A poster here gave me some tips as I'm starting to get into Flash, so I ordered The Flash by Mark Waid vols 1 & 2, as well as some other odds and ends. Curious now if I could have waited til Saturday and gone cheaper lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I was also just browsing Hamilton Books (I always forget about this place for some reason), and I came across 3 Deluxe Hardcovers of the Before Watchmen series for $7.95 each. They had Minutemen/Silk Spectre, Nite Owl/Manhattan, and Ozy/Crimson Corsair. They didn't have Comedian/Rorshach, though. I know it's a pretty divisive series among Watchmen/Alan Moore fans, but I enjoyed what I had read of the books when they originally released. I can't wait to dive into the Deluxe HC's!

After shipping it was $28.55 total. Not too shabby. I've ordered an omni from them before, and there were no marks on it and the shipping protection was pretty good.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I just made an order with them a couple days ago, but it didn't occur to me to wait & see if they have a fcbd discount...do they usually have those? What kind of discounts are we talking?

A poster here gave me some tips as I'm starting to get into Flash, so I ordered The Flash by Mark Waid vols 1 & 2, as well as some other odds and ends. Curious now if I could have waited til Saturday and gone cheaper lol
    I mean they're slightly better than normal. I think its like 50-60% off select titles? Its not much, since FCBD is more to encourage people to go into an actual comic shop.

And yes, Waid's Flash is an excellent starting point.

Question from a newbie about Kamandi omnibus. Amazon shows it being released end of JUL. Which means the specialty sites should have it mid JUL.

I don't see it showing up on TOW, CGN, etc... yet, although they have JUL and AUG released books up there now. What gives? Was this ever solicited? Was it pushed back from a release date standpoint and Amazon just hasn't moved their release date yet? I know DC pulls some shenanigans like this occasionally, so just wondering if anyone has any inkling about this one. Thanks.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member

I was also just browsing Hamilton Books (I always forget about this place for some reason), and I came across 3 Deluxe Hardcovers of the Before Watchmen series for $7.95 each. They had Minutemen/Silk Spectre, Nite Owl/Manhattan, and Ozy/Crimson Corsair. They didn't have Comedian/Rorshach, though. I know it's a pretty divisive series among Watchmen/Alan Moore fans, but I enjoyed what I had read of the books when they originally released. I can't wait to dive into the Deluxe HC's!

After shipping it was $28.55 total. Not too shabby. I've ordered an omni from them before, and there were no marks on it and the shipping protection was pretty good.
    DC doesn't put marks on their remaindered items. Marvel, as well as many others, do so just be aware of thst when you order from them

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

C586el8UoAA8RzM.jpg

Some May 4th spirit for you.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    DC doesn't put marks on their remaindered items. Marvel, as well as many others, do so just be aware of thst when you order from them
    Good info! Thank you.

Happy FCBD! I picked up some more Rebirth titles. Red Hood, Green Lanterns v.2 and Superwoman. I'd be Happy to give any spoiler free mini reviews. Although past experience tells me no one cares. Regardless, hope you all find good deals! I paid less than $10 for those three trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Happy FCBD! I picked up some more Rebirth titles. Red Hood, Green Lanterns v.2 and Superwoman. I'd be Happy to give any spoiler free mini reviews. Although past experience tells me no one cares. Regardless, hope you all find good deals! I paid less than $10 for those three trades.
    I just came back from LCS which had a 50 percent of HC/tpb sales. I spent way more than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I just came back from LCS which had a 50 percent of HC/tpb sales. I spent way more than I have.
    What did you pick up?

My haul from FCBD.....all HCs and tpbs were 50 percent off. I bought the Preacher books for a buddy of mine....Been trying to convince him to read it (He hasn't read a comic in decades). A lot of the independent tpbs were blind buys.

IMG_1125.jpg

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

New listing on Amazon: New Teen Titans The Judas Contract Deluxe Edition for Feb 6 2018. $29.99

I've been wanting this in Deluxe for a while. Other Deluxe Editions I'm eagerly anticipating: Long Bow Hunters, All-Star Superman, V for Vendetta, Long Halloween, Tower of Babel.

My haul from FCBD.....all HCs and tpbs were 50 percent off. I bought the Preacher books for a buddy of mine....Been trying to convince him to read it (He hasn't read a comic in decades). A lot of the independent tpbs were blind buys.

IMG_1125.jpg
    I just read the JSA Golden Age deluxe a week ago for the first time. It was really good. I highly recommend it.

Congrats on the haul!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

IMG_1125.jpg
    Nice pick ups! Been curious about Huck myself. Let me know what you thought of it whenever you get around to reading it.

IMG_1125.jpg
    Black Hammer has been real good so far, but I am a big fan of Lemire's work. I enjoyed the early arcs of Southern Bastard a bit more then the current one, but messed book about football in the south. Huck was okay liked it more then some of his other recent work.