View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 884 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3847848348748808818828838848858868878888949349841384 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 21671
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What would be a nice addendum to Perez's run then might be a War of the Gods Omni that includes all the tie-ins.
    I guess it depends on how much story is in the tie in issues. If you had all the parts, would the story flow smoothly? Could you just include the pages of the tie ins that directly deal with the plot and omit the rest of the pages?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    I have no idea. I've not read it since the early 90's. Would love to read it again in one nice volume though(at least I feel like I would if it flowed well).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

^^^^
    I have no idea. I've not read it since the early 90's. Would love to read it again in one nice volume though(at least I feel like I would if it flowed well).
    I can tell you the WW fat tpb does NOT flow well. Its a bumpy ride that gets really confusing at some points

Incredible Member

I moved 3 weeks ago and have not yet got my shelves/books back together. This order was my first delivery at the new place!
    I did take some pics though, hope they help in some way.
    Attachment 49532 Attachment 49533 Attachment 49534
    Thank you!

I really enjoyed the first volume of this, probably some of the best WW stuff I've ever read so looking forward to volume 2.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Personally I'd rather see WW By Perez Omni Vol. 3 that included WW #46-62 + WotG #1-4. That's only 20 issues (24ish I guess since those last 4 are extra sized) which is on the slimmer side for an omni. They could easily pad it with the relevant tie-ins. Regarding said tie-ins, a lot of them were thematic, and didn't really add to the overall story; publishing a huge War of the Gods omni would be a disjointed read, and I hate it when they only include a handful of "relevant" pages from a given issue.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Personally I'd rather see WW By Perez Omni Vol. 3 that included WW #46-62 + WotG #1-4. That's only 20 issues (24ish I guess since those last 4 are extra sized) which is on the slimmer side for an omni. They could easily pad it with the relevant tie-ins. Regarding said tie-ins, a lot of them were thematic, and didn't really add to the overall story; publishing a huge War of the Gods omni would be a disjointed read, and I hate it when they only include a handful of "relevant" pages from a given issue.
    I mainly hope there IS a vol.3. I wonder doubt they'll continue the Omni's with the other writers.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of DC's Deluxe editions. Just found out the first (and only for a long time?) release of The Button is Deluxe edition HC. I don't like the hardcover/softcover games DC plays, I really don't like it. Not a big fan of Deluxes (I have some but) but I tolerate them because I don't have to buy them.

I'm not even sure The Button will get a softcover release.

RELEASE The Button in SOFTCOVER or regular hardcover.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-19-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm getting pretty sick and tired of DC's Deluxe editions. Just found out the first release of The Button is Deluxe edition HC. I don't like the hardcover/softcover games DC plays, I really don't like it.

How is that the fault of Deluxe editions though? If its HC or TPB has nothing to do with a quality of a Deluxe edition.

Seeing that Rebirth #1 was 100 pages and in HC, I'm sure The Button will be as well. Considering its the next stepping stone in this Rebirth journey. I dont agree with it, but it will sell for more as a HC.

Mighty Member

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of DC's Deluxe editions. Just found out the first (and only for a long time?) release of The Button is Deluxe edition HC. I don't like the hardcover/softcover games DC plays, I really don't like it. Not a big fan of Deluxes (I have some but) but I tolerate them because I don't have to buy them.

Regular hard covers need to be done away with imo. SC or deluxe only

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I love Deluxe Editions
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

[/SIZE]
    It will definitely get a softcover release. It might be another year away (or at least until the HC's sell out), but it'll happen.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Regular hard covers need to be done away with imo. SC or deluxe only
    For real. To me, 6ish issues for a softcover trade, 2 trades for a deluxe hardcover, 3-4 for an omnibus. Makes the most sense to me

Incredible Member

I would be shocked if the button went straight to Deluxe. So far the trend for rebirth books has been that main series go striaght to paperback, when the third one lands the deluxe of the first two (if its getting one) comes out and all cross-overs/events go to regular hardcover first (monster men, JL v SS, Superman Reborn) with no sign so far of softcover or deluxe releases afterwards (but thats just a time delay problem at the minute). The only series to brea that rule so far is All-Star Batman, but thats a special bool by its title alone so its allowed to break the rules.

All-New Member

I only collect in Deluxe Hardcover, so I won't complain. I'm more interested in how they are going to handle vol.2 deluxe hardcovers with these event books. Are they going to skip collecting The Button issues since there's a dedicated book for it or will they double dip those issues?

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I would be shocked if the button went straight to Deluxe. So far the trend for rebirth books has been that main series go striaght to paperback, when the third one lands the deluxe of the first two (if its getting one) comes out and all cross-overs/events go to regular hardcover first (monster men, JL v SS, Superman Reborn) with no sign so far of softcover or deluxe releases afterwards (but thats just a time delay problem at the minute). The only series to brea that rule so far is All-Star Batman, but thats a special bool by its title alone so its allowed to break the rules.
    It's on amaon now:

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Flas...button+rebirth