View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 885 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3857858358758818828838848858868878888898959359851385 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Regular hard covers need to be done away with imo. SC or deluxe only
    Yes down with regular hardcovers would love for all companies to just go deluxe for hardcovers. It is the way to go, but it may hurt sales on some books due to price.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Its also subject to change. It happens all the time.

I agree though. I'm not a fan of having a small amount of issues as a DELUXE HC. I dont quite understand what makes this DELUXE anyway. The other DHC at least contain 12ish issues.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post

I agree though. I'm not a fan of having a small amount of issues as a DELUXE HC. I dont quite understand what makes this DELUXE anyway. The other DHC at least contain 12ish issues.
    It's still deluxe in the sense of larger page size which is still worth it to keep my hardcover collection uniform. Standard-size hardcovers are the worst. Some stories are only ~4 issues (e.g. Dark Knight Rises, Superman Secret Identity, etc.). Hell, we even have ~4-issue Absolute editions (e.g. Kingdom Come, Batman Year One).

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertemprr View Post
    It's still deluxe in the sense of larger page size which is still worth it to keep my hardcover collection uniform. Standard-size hardcovers are the worst. Some stories are only ~4 issues (e.g. Dark Knight Rises, Superman Secret Identity, etc.). Hell, we even have ~4-issue Absolute editions (e.g. Kingdom Come, Batman Year One).
    Yeesh. Talk about low content. I can see why they'd want to have those as absolute editions...But is it worth it?

Slightly off topic question for you guys. I'm trying to fill the holes in my Superman family trades from post IC to Pre N52, and I can't seem to find where Adventure COmics 7 is collected. Anyone know? Thanks

Incredible Member

Slightly off topic question for you guys. I'm trying to fill the holes in my Superman family trades from post IC to Pre N52, and I can't seem to find where Adventure COmics 7 is collected. Anyone know? Thanks
    This one?

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=191602

Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    This one?

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=191602

Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns
    That's the one! I must have over looked that trade. Thanks man

Deluxe is oversized art.

How is that collection going along if I may ask? Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Regular hard covers need to be done away with imo. SC or deluxe only
    Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I love Deluxe Editions
    Exactly. That's what this whole thread is about!

How is that collection going along if I may ask? Any pictures?
    Oh man, I ran out of space like a year ago, so no pictures anytime soon. If everything goes well, I should be moving into a new house in about 6-12 months, and I'll have a dedicated study/office/library, so we'll see.

But it's going, when I was at East Coast Comic Con the other week, I picked up a ton of trades, so I figured I'd start actively filling in holes in those Superman books, as well as the Green Lantern books since there are officially no more big books on my wishlist to buy(aside from a few OOP whales, but they don't really count)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Seriously.

Exactly. That's what this whole thread is about!
    well technically it's just called DC Hardcover collected editions but originally (like eons ago) it was about omni and dlx discussion.
    I like the larger format even if it's only 4 issues, obviously the price has to reflect that. Actually after reading French/Belgian books where everything is oversized, even bigger than American deluxes regardless of page count it's kind of frustrating to go back to a standard size American trade.

Oh man, I ran out of space like a year ago, so no pictures anytime soon. If everything goes well, I should be moving into a new house in about 6-12 months, and I'll have a dedicated study/office/library, so we'll see.

But it's going, when I was at East Coast Comic Con the other week, I picked up a ton of trades, so I figured I'd start actively filling in holes in those Superman books, as well as the Green Lantern books since there are officially no more big books on my wishlist to buy(aside from a few OOP whales, but they don't really count)
    I wanted to do a complete collection of GL stories, but its either OoP, discounted stories, or never collected.

I wanted to do a complete collection of GL stories, but its either OoP, discounted stories, or never collected.
    I had bought a number of the GL/GLC books years ago when they were coming out, so I lucked out on that

I had bought a number of the GL/GLC books years ago when they were coming out, so I lucked out on that
    Such luck. I can't even get a couple GLC trades from Tomasi