View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 886 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3867868368768828838848858868878888898908969369861386 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,290 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Exactly. That's what this whole thread is about!
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Oh man, I ran out of space like a year ago, so no pictures anytime soon. If everything goes well, I should be moving into a new house in about 6-12 months, and I'll have a dedicated study/office/library, so we'll see.

But it's going, when I was at East Coast Comic Con the other week, I picked up a ton of trades, so I figured I'd start actively filling in holes in those Superman books, as well as the Green Lantern books since there are officially no more big books on my wishlist to buy(aside from a few OOP whales, but they don't really count)
    Congrats on the new house! A study/office/library sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Such luck. I can't even get a couple GLC trades from Tomasi
    Honeslty, the early GLC stuff isn't that important. The Gibbons stuff is really fun, but it's not necessary to what Johns and Tomasi craft

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post

Congrats on the new house! A study/office/library sounds awesome.
    Haha, thanks, but congrats are a littttle premature at this point. I said if everything goes well, and a lot can happen, so we'll see. I'm hopeful

Honeslty, the early GLC stuff isn't that important. The Gibbons stuff is really fun, but it's not necessary to what Johns and Tomasi craft

Haha, thanks, but congrats are a littttle premature at this point. I said if everything goes well, and a lot can happen, so we'll see. I'm hopeful
    Ah. That might be worthwhile. I think I'm still missing two GJ GLs trades as well. Secret Origins and another to finish the set. After that, I hope DC puts out Mosaic Or some more prime Time Lantern action.

Ah. That might be worthwhile. I think I'm still missing two GJ GLs trades as well. Secret Origins and another to finish the set. After that, I hope DC puts out Mosaic Or some more prime Time Lantern action.
    The odds of Mosaic happening at this point I would say is extremely unlikely. They already cancelled some planned Jones books, if he is found innocent you may get it. From what was in the initial reports does not sound very innocent so I would not expect Mosaic any time soon.

How important is the Convergence event and the Dan Jurgens penned Superman tie in to the Lois and Clark 8 issue mini that he later writes?

How important is the Convergence event and the Dan Jurgens penned Superman tie in to the Lois and Clark 8 issue mini that he later writes?
    I would get the 2 Superman issues he did as a tie in Convergence: Superman. As far as the main series of the event goes you can just wiki it and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    The odds of Mosaic happening at this point I would say is extremely unlikely. They already cancelled some planned Jones books, if he is found innocent you may get it. From what was in the initial reports does not sound very innocent so I would not expect Mosaic any time soon.
    Yeah thats right. still saddens me.

Fantastic Member

The August solicitations arrived. Aaaannd the HCs are...:

ALL STAR BATMAN VOL. 2: ENDS OF THE EARTH HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER • Art by JOCK, TULA LOTAY, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA • Cover by JOCK
    In these tales from ALL STAR BATMAN #6-9, the Dark Knight faces some of his greatest foes to trace the origin of a blight that’s sweeping the planet, confronting Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and the Mad Hatter along the way!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US

BATMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC
    Written by BILL FINGER, JOSEPH GREENE, DON CAMERON, ALVIN SCHWARTZ and others • Art by DICK SPRANG, JACK BURNLEY, CHARLES PARIS, WIN MORTIMER and others • Cover by J. BONE
    This fourth Golden Age collection includes dozens of stories from the mid-1940s in which the Dynamic Duo battle evildoers including the Penguin, The Joker, Two-Face and many more.
    Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #92-111, BATMAN #26-35 and stories from WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #15-22.
    On sale NOVEMBER 15 • 784 pg, FC, $75.00 US

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT: THE MASTER RACE HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER and BRIAN AZZARELLO • Art by ANDY KUBERT, FRANK MILLER, KLAUS JANSON, JOHN ROMITA JR. and EDUARDO RISSO • Cover by ANDY KUBERT
    One of the most highly anticipated sequels of all time is here in DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE! In a world gone awry, left in the aftermath of the toppling of Lex Luthor and the apparent death of Batman himself, who will save Gotham City and the rest of the planet against the mysterious Master Race?
    This hardcover includes the entire nine-issue series with each issue’s minicomic presented at the same size.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 376 pg, FC, $29.99 US

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT: THE MASTER RACE — THE COVERS DELUXE EDITION HC
    Art by FRANK MILLER, JIM LEE and others • Cover by FRANK MILLER
    Frank Miller’s return to the world of the Dark Knight inspired covers by dozens of comics’ top artists. Now, DC collects these covers together in an unparalleled gallery of images that pay tribute to Miller’s iconic take on the world of the Dark Knight. This book is a true who’s who of comics greats, with art by Frank Miller, Jim Lee, Bill Sienkiewicz, Greg Capullo, Gabriel Dell’Otto, Darwyn Cooke, Tim Sale, Neal Adams, Rafael Albuquerque, Dave Johnson, Adam Hughes, Tony Harris, Brian Bolland, Gary Frank, Sean Murphy, Ivan Reis, Paul Pope, Francis Manapul, Brian Stelfreeze, Eduardo Risso, David Finch, Matt Wagner and more!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 176 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $24.99 US

BATMAN: YEAR ONE — THE DELUXE EDITION HC NEW EDITION
    Written by FRANK MILLER • Art and cover by DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI
    One of the most important and critically acclaimed Batman adventures ever—written by Frank Miller (BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS) with art by David Mazzucchelli (Daredevil)—returns in a new deluxe edition hardcover. In addition to telling the entire dramatic story of Batman’s first year fighting crime from BATMAN #404-407, this collection includes introductions by Miller and editor Dennis O’Neil, reproductions of original layouts, promotional art, unseen Mazzucchelli Batman art, Richmond Lewis’s color samples, script pages and more!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 144 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US

BATMAN AND ROBIN BY PETER J. TOMASI AND PATRICK GLEASON OMNIBUS HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art by PATRICK GLEASON, MICK GRAY, LEE GARBETT, ANDY CLARKE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, CLIFF RICHARDS, DOUG MAHNKE and others • Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MARK IRWIN
    Teaming Batman with his son Damian, a.k.a. Robin, Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason’s run was one of the standout titles in the New 52. Mixing in dark themes from Damian’s childhood with the League of Assassins with touching stories of a father and son, this creative team invented some of the greatest Batman and Robin stories ever told!
    Collects BATMAN & ROBIN #20-22, BATMAN & ROBIN #0-40 from the New 52 series, BATMAN & ROBIN ANNUAL #1-3, ROBIN RISES: OMEGA #1, ROBIN RISES: ALPHA #1 and a story from SECRET ORIGINS #4.
    On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 1,216 pg, FC, $125.00 US

BATMAN NOIR: THE COURT OF OWLS HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV • Art by GREG CAPULLO, JONATHAN GLAPION and RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE • Cover by GREG CAPULLO
    The now-legendary story that kicked off a new era of Batman adventures is collected in a new, noir edition spotlighting the artwork of Greg Capullo! In these tales from BATMAN #1-11, a series of brutal murders rocks not only Gotham City but also the Caped Crusader when the prime suspect is one of Batman’s closest allies—Dick Grayson! Then, after a series of deadly discoveries, Bruce Wayne has learned that the Court of Owls is real—and a deadly threat out to control Gotham City! Unleashing the deadly Talons, Batman must stop the insidious Court of Owls before they claim the city for their own.
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 296 pg, 7.0625” x 10.875”, B&W, $34.99 US

BATMAN/THE FLASH: THE BUTTON DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON and TOM KING • Art by JASON FABOK and HOWARD PORTER
    Lenticular cover by JASON FABOK
    International edition cover by JASON FABOK
    The explosive storyline from BATMAN #21-22 and THE FLASH #21-22 is collected in a new Deluxe Edition hardcover! The Dark Knight and the Fastest Man Alive, the two greatest detectives on any world, unite to explore the mystery behind a certain blood-stained smiley button embedded in the Batcave wall. What starts as a simple investigation turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party—and it’s not who anyone suspects! It’s a mystery woven through time, and the ticking clock starts here!
    On sale OCTOBER 11 • 96 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $19.99 US

BATMAN ’66 MEETS WONDER WOMAN ’77 HC
    Written by JEFF PARKER and MARC ANDREYKO • Art by DAVID HAHN and KARL KESEL • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    What mysteries are hidden in the book Ra’s al Ghul hired Catwoman to steal? And why does this caper lead Batman down memory lane—to his childhood fight against actual Nazis? Witness the Caped Crusader’s first encounter with one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known: Wonder Woman!
    Collecting the six-issue miniseries!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

GREEN ARROW: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by MORT WEISINGER and others • Art by GEORGE PAPP, CLIFF YOUNG, STEVE BRODIE, MAURICE DEL BOURGO and others • Cover by J. BONE
    For the first time, DC collects the Golden Age tales that introduced Green Arrow! In these original adventures, millionaire Oliver Queen battles crime with the help of his young ward, Speedy, taking on corruption and crime in Star City, including villains like Bull’s-Eye, the Voice, the Skylark and many more.
    Collects MORE FUN COMICS #73-107, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #7-28 and ADVENTURE COMICS #103-117.
    On sale NOVEMBER 1 • 792 pg, FC, $125.00 US

HARLEY QUINN: A CELEBRATION OF 25 YEARS HC
    Written by PAUL DINI, KARL KESEL, AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, ROB WILLIAMS and others • Art by BRUCE TIMM, JIM LEE, TERRY DODSON, AMANDA CONNER and others • Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Twenty-five years? Seriously? Okay, yes, it’s true: It’s been a quarter of a century since Dr. Harleen Quinzel showed up and stole our hearts, our wallets and our dignity. Celebrate 25 years of Harley in this new hardcover that guest stars The Joker, Batman, Poison Ivy and many more!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 400 pg, FC, $39.99 US

HARLEY QUINN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI • Art by CHAD HARDIN, JOHN TIMMS and others • Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    In these stories from HARLEY QUINN #1-13, Harley’s gotta protect her neighborhood against an all-out zombie apocalypse! Break out the chainsaws, everybody! Then, Harley must set out on a journey that will take her around the world—and into the clutches of a bizarre robotic enemy! And The Joker is back—and he’s out to win Harley’s heart back, no matter who gets in the way…especially not Red Tool!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $34.99 US

INJUSTICE GROUND ZERO VOL. 2 HC
    Written by CHRISTOPHER SEBELA • Art by POP MHAN, TOM DERENICK, MARCO SANTUCCI, DANIEL SAMPERE and others • Cover by MATTHEW CLARK and SEAN PARSONS
    In these stories from issues #7-12, Harley and The Joker are back together, but is Harley Quinn a pawn in an evil plot, or is she setting an elaborate trap? And as the world moves ever closer to mass destruction, heroes fall and villains rise in INJUSTICE: GROUND ZERO VOL. 2, setting the stage for the new game Injustice 2!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

Fantastic Member

And some more:

JACK KIRBY’S FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JACK KIRBY • Art by JACK KIRBY, VINCE COLLETTA, MIKE ROYER and D. BRUCE BERRY • Cover by JACK KIRBY and MIKE ROYER
    These are the legendary tales written and illustrated by Jack “King” Kirby that introduced the warring worlds of Apokolips and New Genesis, their rulers, Darkseid and Highfather, and countless heroes and villains including Orion, Lightray, Kalibak, Granny Goodness and more. Witness the return of the Newsboy Legion and the struggle of the New Gods and the Forever People to stop Darkseid’s quest for the deadly Anti-Life Equation!
    This new omnibus edition includes SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #133-139 and 141-148, NEW GODS #1-11, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-11, DC GRAPHIC NOVEL #4: THE HUNGER DOGS and a story from NEW GODS #6 (1984).
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 1,536 pg, FC, $150.00 US

NIGHT FORCE BY MARV WOLFMAN: THE COMPLETE SERIES HC
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN • Art by GENE COLAN and others • Cover by GENE COLAN and DICK GIORDANO
    The creative team behind Tomb of Dracula reunited in 1982 for DC’s NIGHT FORCE! The series begins as the mysterious sorcerer Baron Winter assembles a team to take on an occult evil. But can the granddaughter of Dracula’s greatest foe, a powerful parapsychologist, and a timelost warrior from the court of King David tackle these threats?
    Collecting all 14 issues of the original series for the first time, plus a story from NEW TEEN TITANS #21!
    On sale OCTOBER 25 • 360 pg, FC, $39.99 US

SUPERMAN REBORN HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and DAN JURGENS • Art by PATCH ZIRCHER, ART THIBERT, STEPHEN SEGOVIA, DOUG MAHNKE, PATRICK GLEASON, MICK GRAY and JAIME MENDOZA • Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    When Jon Kent is kidnapped and Clark and Lois start to lose their memories of him, Superman must find out who’s behind their memory loss! Dan Jurgens, Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason present the first monumental Superman crossover event following DC Rebirth that re-introduces Mr. Mxyzptlk!
    Collects ACTION COMICS #973-976 and SUPERMAN #18-19 in a hardcover format.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 168 pg, FC, $24.99 US

SUPERMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON • Art by PATRICK GLEASON, DOUG MAHNKE, JORGE JIMENEZ and others • Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
    In these tales from SUPERMAN #1-13, the Man of Steel must protect our world while raising a super-son with his wife, Lois Lane! But should they help Jon use his new abilities, or hide them from the world? Then, Superman and Jon Kent are transported to Dinosaur Island to find the last of the Losers, and Jon meets his match in Damian Wayne!
    On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 336 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US

Fantastic Member

And the fat TPBs:

CATWOMAN BY JIM BALENT BOOK ONE TP
    Written by JO DUFFY and DOUG MOENCH • Art by JIM BALENT, DICK GIORDANO, ANDE PARKS and others • Cover by JIM BALENT and DICK GIORDANO
    At last, DC collects Catwoman’s 1990s adventures! Gotham City’s Feline Fatale has turned a new leaf as she faces off with Bane, takes on thugs and includes Knightquest, Knightsend and Zero Hour crossovers!
    Collects Catwoman #0-14.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 328 pg, FC, $29.99 US

DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR VOL. 3: NUCLEAR WINTER TP
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN • Art by ART NICHOLS, STEVE ERWIN and others • Cover by MIKE ZECK
    In these tales from Deathstroke, The Terminator #14-23, Deathstroke may be dying, and his only chance for survival lies half a world away in Cambodia. While his enemies believe him dead, Deathstroke takes refuge on Titans Island—and when he regains his strength, he learns that the island has been taken over by the forces of the evil Lord Chaos.
    Resolicit • On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 280 pg, FC, $24.99 US

THE FLASH: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 2 TP
    Written by JOHN BROOME and GARDNER FOX • Art by CARMINE INFANTINO and MURPHY ANDERSON • Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    This thrilling volume collects the early 1960s adventures of the Flash, including the Scarlet Speedster’s battles against Mirror Master, Abra Kadabra, Captain Boomerang, Gorilla Grodd and many more! This title also features the pivotal Silver Age story “The Flash of Two Worlds,” which introduced the idea of the multiverse to DC Comics!
    Collects THE FLASH #117-132.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 27 • 424 pg, FC, $29.99 US

HELLBLAZER VOL. 17: OUT OF SEASON TP
    Written by MIKE CAREY • Art by MARCELO FRUSIN, LEONARDO MANCO, CHRIS BRUNNER and STEVE DILLON • Cover by TULA LOTAY
    In stories from HELLBLAZER #189-201, Constantine arrives on the scene, a dagger in one hand and an engraved human skull in the other while the Beast burns its mark on the world. Constantine’s fragile coalition has fallen apart in death and recrimination, and it looks like John’s fortunes have finally reached rock bottom. But when he faces the Beast in its lair, things get unimaginably worse…
    On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 328 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

THE LEGION BY DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING • Art by OLIVIER COIPEL, JEFFREY MOY, ADAM DeKRAKER and others • Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL and ANDY LANNING
    The Legion of Super-Heroes, including Live Wire, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Chameleon, Brainiac 5.1, Apparition and more, are faced with protecting the United Planets from the worst threats in the universe—but even they aren’t prepared for the Blight invading from the darkest region of space!
    Collects LEGIONNAIRES #78-81, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #122-125 and LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES SECRET FILES #2.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 20 • 224 pg, FC, $24.99 US

SWEET TOOTH BOOK ONE TP
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE • Art and cover by JEFF LEMIRE
    In these stories from SWEET TOOTH #1-12, meet Gus, a rare breed of human/animal hybrid who was raised in isolation following a pandemic. Now, with the death of his father, he’s left to fend for himself—until he meets a drifter named Jepperd, who promises to help him. Jepperd and Gus set out on a post-apocalyptic journey into the devastated American landscape to find “The Preserve,” a refuge for hybrids. Find out what happens when Gus is held captive with other hybrids in a camp where he meets a scientist studying the plague that’s wiped out so much of the world.
    On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 296 pg, FC, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS

Just in Time for the Holidays, that Fourth World omni will be mine. Not seeing the Orion fat tpb though...:'(

DC must be dreaming when it comes to the Batman Year One Deluxe HC price. Look at it compared to the other deluxes and page counts.

However, I am so down for that Tomasi omnibus collection. Best new 52 Batman series published.

DC must be dreaming when it comes to the Batman Year One Deluxe HC price. Look at it compared to the other deluxes and page counts.

However, I am so down for that Tomasi omnibus collection. Best new 52 Batman series published.
    Cashcow ahoy!!! almost literally, every other month, its a new version of Year One, Returns, Hush or Court of Owls. Like, can we get some new content please?

Cashcow ahoy!!! almost literally, every other month, its a new version of Year One, Returns, Hush or Court of Owls. Like, can we get some new content please?
    Yes, agreed. They used to do this with Sandman.

Yes, agreed. They used to do this with Sandman.
    Its pretty disgusting to be Honest. I dont need a new edition of those books. All of which, are decent, and no where near high quality (maybe Year One) . I'm simply frustrated at DCs lack of creativity and desire to make money easily and lazily.