View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 890 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3907908408808868878888898908918928938949009409901390 ... LastLast
Results 13,336 to 13,350 of 21671

Do you think there's a chance of DC releasing Detective Comics Rebirth or Titans Rebirth in Deluxe format like they're doing with other series?

One of my first buys in a few months came in last week. I've made a couple big purchases, 8 HC/Omni's plus a few TPB's since I've been tight on cash since the beginning of the year.

Batman and the Outsiders HC 1983 Bronze Age. I've been reading a story a day, mixing and matching in with my Batman and Superman GA Omni reading. I really do enjoy these old stories.
    I hope they do a volume 2 and 3 as I see with Batman, it runs up to issue #32, then on to #46 without him.
    I still seem to like the older stuff the best. Any other recommendations out there I might be missing out on with Deluxe HC's dealing with the early Bronze age?
    (and already know about Superman GA Omni #4 out now on IST. Will be ordering that one by next Monday)
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    One of my first buys in a few months came in last week. I've made a couple big purchases, 8 HC/Omni's plus a few TPB's since I've been tight on cash since the beginning of the year.

Batman and the Outsiders HC 1983 Bronze Age. I've been reading a story a day, mixing and matching in with my Batman and Superman GA Omni reading. I really do enjoy these old stories.
    I hope they do a volume 2 and 3 as I see with Batman, it runs up to issue #32, then on to #46 without him.
    I still seem to like the older stuff the best. Any other recommendations out there I might be missing out on with Deluxe HC's dealing with the early Bronze age?
    (and already know about Superman GA Omni #4 out now on IST. Will be ordering that one by next Monday)
    There are several creator centric "Tales of the Batman" hardcovers, example, Tales of the Batman by Len Wein. They are not oversized deluxe edition, but standard size hardcover, which is the same as the Batman and the Outsiders book.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Do you think there's a chance of DC releasing Detective Comics Rebirth or Titans Rebirth in Deluxe format like they're doing with other series?
    I'm fairly sure a Detective Comics deluxe v1 has been announced, or fished at least. Probably too early to say on Titans since the single issues only ship once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I'm fairly sure a Detective Comics deluxe v1 has been announced, or fished at least. Probably too early to say on Titans since the single issues only ship once a month.
    Yeah, they just announced V.2 in tpb this summer, so its way too soon. Maybe by next year

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

I quite enjoyed batman and the outsiders too but I think the best of the bronze age stuff was at marvel. Stern spider-man, Miller dd , michelinie iron man and probably my favourite so far the Dennis O'Neil iron man run. I would recommend picking any of those up if they are not oop yet. The O'Neil iron man epic collections should be still in print

I have a question about the older HC/TPB volumes of Johns' Green Lantern run, starting with "Rebirth" & "No Fear". So, I know his entire run has been collected in 3 big omnis, but I don't really want to spend that kind of cash. I currently already have the original HC's for Rebirth, SCW, and Blackest Night.

My question is, if I purchased each volume would I still get his entire run? Or are there issues missing between volumes? I'd like to have the WHOLE thing, but even with IST I'd be looking at a couple hundred dollars for the omnis & I'm just not THAT big a fan of the character lol Having it in regular HC would be fine for me. But, if it's missing issues (for example, say volume 1 has issues 1-6 and volume 2 has issues 9-15 of something, leaving out issues 7 & 8), then the completionist in me will have to either fork over the cash for the omnis or hope DC releases the omni content in fat trades, like they do for the Golden Age stuff.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I have a question about the older HC/TPB volumes of Johns' Green Lantern run, starting with "Rebirth" & "No Fear". So, I know his entire run has been collected in 3 big omnis, but I don't really want to spend that kind of cash. I currently already have the original HC's for Rebirth, SCW, and Blackest Night.

My question is, if I purchased each volume would I still get his entire run? Or are there issues missing between volumes? I'd like to have the WHOLE thing, but even with IST I'd be looking at a couple hundred dollars for the omnis & I'm just not THAT big a fan of the character lol Having it in regular HC would be fine for me. But, if it's missing issues (for example, say volume 1 has issues 1-6 and volume 2 has issues 9-15 of something, leaving out issues 7 & 8), then the completionist in me will have to either fork over the cash for the omnis or hope DC releases the omni content in fat trades, like they do for the Golden Age stuff.
    Pretty sure it does. After SCW, it goes into the Alpha Lanterns book, which is in the Rage of the Red Lanterns. It s issue 27-29? I believe? And then hesds to Secret Origins.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    'Tec is up on Amazon.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Pretty sure it does. After SCW, it goes into the Alpha Lanterns book, which is in the Rage of the Red Lanterns. It s issue 27-29? I believe? And then hesds to Secret Origins.
    Cool, thank you. I mean, I guess I could just research it, but I figured I'd go to the experts here first DC has had a bad habit in the past of excluding issues that were considered "filler", so I was hoping each volume wouldn't do that.

I suppose on that note, I'll ask: is it still the consensus that his GL run is a must-read? And just how important is the GLC book that ran alongside it?

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Cool, thank you. I mean, I guess I could just research it, but I figured I'd go to the experts here first DC has had a bad habit in the past of excluding issues that were considered "filler", so I was hoping each volume wouldn't do that.

I suppose on that note, I'll ask: is it still the consensus that his GL run is a must-read? And just how important is the GLC book that ran alongside it?
    I enjoyed it a lot. If you like Green Lantern, this is kind the go to storyline. GLC started a bit after GL, but when Tomasi took over, they weaved a storyline together. They meet up various times, SCW, BN, War of the GLs, ect. As I mentioned a few pages back, a lot of that is OOP sadly.

Back to GL, it redefines the mythos by explaining old secret, and build a new universe at the same time. It is an extremely satisfying run, that I believe lasted ten years. Its well worth the ride.

The standard hc/tpb will collect everything, the omnibus collections actually admit a lot(in my opinion). Starting with Sinestro Corps War, the GLC title(and the eventual Emerald Warriors) become very pertinent to the overall story, whereas the first few GLC trades prior to SCW aren't that important story wise

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    The standard hc/tpb will collect everything, the omnibus collections actually admit a lot(in my opinion). Starting with Sinestro Corps War, the GLC title(and the eventual Emerald Warriors) become very pertinent to the overall story, whereas the first few GLC trades prior to SCW aren't that important story wise
    Good info, thank you very much!

What do you feel the omnis omit? Are you talking about the GLC stuff?

Just finished Book Two of Peter Davids Supergirl. And its amazing. Highly recommended if you're a Supergirl fan, and dont mind some magical elements.

Book Four has the solicits for Book Three, which is #21-32 and the 1million issue. So Book 4 will likely include #33- 42(or 43) and maybe the Supergirl + Power of Shazam special. Well get Book 4 by January, and Book One was released in October of last year. Getting through 40 issues in a little over a year is pretty impressive. Very pleased with the pacing of these.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Just finished Book Two of Peter Davids Supergirl. And its amazing. Highly recommended if you're a Supergirl fan, and dont mind some magical elements.

Book Four has the solicits for Book Three, which is #21-32 and the 1million issue. So Book 4 will likely include #33- 42(or 43) and maybe the Supergirl + Power of Shazam special. Well get Book 4 by January, and Book One was released in October of last year. Getting through 40 issues in a little over a year is pretty impressive. Very pleased with the pacing of these.
    Yeah until it gets cancelled unexpectedly mid run lol