View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 895 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3957958458858918928938948958968978988999059459951395 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,425 of 21672

Needing a little assistance as Wonder Woman isn't at the top of my favorites, but I still like her.

I got the Perez Wonder Woman I earlier in the year and then Vol 2 Omni came today from Amazon at that low pre-order price. Haven't gotten home to look at it.
    So looking at Amazon, those cover issues (#1-45).
    I'm going to order the Bryne HC from IST this weekend covering the (#101-114) issues.

What about issues #46 thru #100? Have those already been collected? Will they? Or is this just a crappy time period?
    Should I assume they won't be and just start with issue #1 and then jump to #101 when I get to it?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Needing a little assistance as Wonder Woman isn't at the top of my favorites, but I still like her.

I got the Perez Wonder Woman I earlier in the year and then Vol 2 Omni came today from Amazon at that low pre-order price. Haven't gotten home to look at it.
    So looking at Amazon, those cover issues (#1-45).
    I'm going to order the Bryne HC from IST this weekend covering the (#101-114) issues.

What about issues #46 thru #100? Have those already been collected? Will they? Or is this just a crappy time period?
    Should I assume they won't be and just start with issue #1 and then jump to #101 when I get to it?
    #58-62 is currently collected in the War of the Gods tpb. #85, #90-100 are collected in the WW by Mike Deodato tpb. #46-63 wrap up Perez' content. Basically, the 30 odd issues remain in that Limbo stage right now. I've been able to access all of these in the first sit down. They refrence things here and there, but its all mainly.stand alone. I honestly get more lost trying to figure out DC event is happening at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    #58-62 is currently collected in the War of the Gods tpb. #85, #90-100 are collected in the WW by Mike Deodato tpb. #46-63 wrap up Perez' content. Basically, the 30 odd issues remain in that Limbo stage right now. I've been able to access all of these in the first sit down. They refrence things here and there, but its all mainly.stand alone. I honestly get more lost trying to figure out DC event is happening at the time.
    So are you saying there will be a Perez Omni #3 of Wonder Woman to get us thru #63?

Looking at the WW by Mike Deodato. Shoot! Too bad it didn't come in Hardcover.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

So are you saying there will be a Perez Omni #3 of Wonder Woman to get us thru #63?

Looking at the WW by Mike Deodato. Shoot! Too bad it didn't come in Hardcover.
    There was a discussion a few pages back about the contents of WW Omnibus v.3. The last few issues are tied together with the War of the Gods mini series, but thats already collected in the tpb. For someone like me, that would involve double dipping. However, leaving those contents out, would mean a much smaller omnibus. Sure it had been done before, but is it worth it?

There was a discussion a few pages back about the contents of WW Omnibus v.3. The last few issues are tied together with the War of the Gods mini series, but thats already collected in the tpb. For someone like me, that would involve double dipping. However, leaving those contents out, would mean a much smaller omnibus. Sure it had been done before, but is it worth it?
    I've had to double dip before and willing to do it if the stories are good. I obviously haven't with WW, as the Perez Omni 1 & 2 were my first purchases other than I've started buying all the Rebirth TPB's of my favorite series to eventually have them bound before I die. My husband also bought me way back Wonder Woman GA Omni 1 and we've both looked at it but you know. For some reason, I just can't get into it. The print bothers my eyes. Also, a lot of conversations in those bubbles. I LIKE DIALOG. But I just can't get interested in it for now. Meanwhile, LOVE BOTH the Batman and Superman GA Omni's!!! Will buy as many as I can and have to catch up, but WW GA just doesn't hold my interest like those.

I've had to double dip before and willing to do it if the stories are good. I obviously haven't with WW, as the Perez Omni 1 & 2 were my first purchases other than I've started buying all the Rebirth TPB's of my favorite series to eventually have them bound before I die. My husband also bought me way back Wonder Woman GA Omni 1 and we've both looked at it but you know. For some reason, I just can't get into it. The print bothers my eyes. Also, a lot of conversations in those bubbles. I LIKE DIALOG. But I just can't get interested in it for now. Meanwhile, LOVE BOTH the Batman and Superman GA Omni's!!! Will buy as many as I can and have to catch up, but WW GA just doesn't hold my interest like those.
    A lot of the Golden and Silver age comics dont sit well with me. A lot of it is difficult to sit through and read.

I collect WW HC when possible. Patiently waiting on that HC Deluxe for Rebirth. Its okay though, I have a lot to catch up on. I need more funds!!

Incredible Member

GA and SA stories can be very tough to read at times, they're very......dense, while being quite simple. I find the only way I can get through those omni is by literally just reading one or two stories at a time, I'll just grab the book, flip it open to a random story read one or two then put it back before I find it becoming too much of a chore.

Re:WW by Bryne- definitely standard HC. Collects #101-114. Spine is at least in Uniform with the Rucka and Perez collections.
    Bah, that sucks. Thanks though. I'm gonna pass for now, pick up the trade version later(if there is one)

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Bah, that sucks. Thanks though. I'm gonna pass for now, pick up the trade version later(if there is one)
    There probably will be, just much later down the road. Its also pretty expensive. Ran me about $40 in store for 13 issues. Ouch.

There probably will be, just much later down the road. Its also pretty expensive. Ran me about $40 in store for 13 issues. Ouch.
    How many Rucka volumes will there be?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ugh. This so should have been paperback and $10 cheaper. I get that Byrne is still a big name in some circles out there, but these single issues are bargain bin fodder for the most part.

I won't be surprised if vol. 2 does not get a HC release, and instead goes straight to tpb.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

There should be 2 more Rucka vols. The 2nd is already available for pre-order on Amazon, I believe.

And if you're interested in the Deodato trade, check out IST's damaged sale; they had it for 50% off recently. And their idea of "damaged" is usually better than Amazon's idea of "new".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

He stopped at issue #24 I believe. 6 issues per Rebirth trade, 12 per deluxe HC, so 4 tpbs, 2 DHC.

They really need to do a Rucka omnibus for his 2 Wonder Woman runs he does such a good job with her.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So you know how there was that awesome deal on the Wonder Woman Omni back in November? Amazon is trying to cheat me out of it. They cancelled my order for some reason, citing a card with nothing wrong with it being declined. Supposedly they sent me emails informing me of this, which I never received. Then customer service agrees to give me the discount, and I buy the item, but now they're trying to back out of the deal, even though I still have the emails (and have sent them the emails), which agree to honoring the deal.

Does this seem insane to anyone else? How in God's name do they expect me to agree to paying 35 extra dollars in order to get an item late after a major hassle?
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 05-31-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Cyclops was right