View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Earth 2 was published twice. More then likely a money-grab. It's in either Volume 3 or 4 of the JLA hardcover Deluxe Editions, and DC proceeded to release a seperate Deluxe Edition of Earth 2 anyway.
    ...along with the regular hardcover that already existed.

If you want to collect JLA you have to basically have a combination of deluxe hardcovers, new tpb's, and old tpb's.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    ...along with the regular hardcover that already existed.

If you want to collect JLA you have to basically have a combination of deluxe hardcovers, new tpb's, and old tpb's.
    Okay, I ordered the 4 volumes of the tpb-s (the 300-350 page long ones, not the older editions). Can somebody tell me what is missing from them? Thanks.

Just finished Spaceman: the Deluxe edition.

Azzarello and Risso might be the best tandem working in comics.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hey NZ_InFerno, I just want to say you have done a fantastic job getting the DC Omnibus/OHC Thread rebooted.

Thanks for all the hard work and hours put in, especially getting all those previous pics reposted.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It's the kind of story you will love or hate, but if you love it you will want to devour it in one go.
    That's what I've heard. I'm interested to dig into it.

That is smart for people who still buy from amazon. I'm also in LA and stopped buying books from amazon years ago due to the awful (non)packaging. I know some amazon warehouses around the country still shrinkwrap books to a piece of cardboard at least, but ours doesn't. For me it's worth it even if IST is slightly more expensive to know that my books are going to arrive undamaged.

Also for anybody in LA, I just found an awesome graphic novel store that prices similar to IST - it's called Pulp Fiction and is in Culver City. 40% off marvel/dc books, a little less for other publishers, and a used books section with much deeper discounts. While it's not quite as cheap as IST (esp due to sales tax) it's great for instant gratification or if you forgot to add something to your order.
    Pulp Fiction is actually the brick 'n mortar CGN. The Culver City location is their brand new second location. I've been going to their Long Beach location for years, even when they were at their original location next to the city college. Good people.

Okay, I ordered the 4 volumes of the tpb-s (the 300-350 page long ones, not the older editions). Can somebody tell me what is missing from them? Thanks.
    There's the JLA: Ultramarine Corps which collects JLA: Classified #1-3 and then the Earth 2 graphic novel.

I think that's it.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    There's the JLA: Ultramarine Corps which collects JLA: Classified #1-3 and then the Earth 2 graphic novel.

I think that's it.
    Thanks! According to amazon reviews and wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable sources) the volume 4 deluxe contains Earth-2.

Thanks! According to amazon reviews and wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable sources) the volume 4 deluxe contains Earth-2.
    No problem! Yea, the volume 4 deluxe hardcover has Earth 2 and the three classified issues but in the recent tpb they switched them out for Tower of Babel.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    No problem! Yea, the volume 4 deluxe hardcover has Earth 2 and the three classified issues but in the recent tpb they switched them out for Tower of Babel.
    Oh, I see, if I had known that before I ordered the tpb-s... (well, Tower of Babel isn't bad of course, I would just prefer Earth-2). These JLA collected editions are pure chaos!

Incredible Member

FCBD haul:

Only thing I grabbed was the Archaia HC for my kid. The rest of the books were 40% off US cover price, which was really nice.

Oh, I see, if I had known that before I ordered the tpb-s... (well, Tower of Babel isn't bad of course, I would just prefer Earth-2). These JLA collected editions are pure chaos!
    No, I think you did the right thing. The 4 newer tpb's are more complete than the 4 hardcovers. Ultramarine corps and Earth 2 are not part of JLA, they were just thrown into the hardcover of volume 4 when the line switched to become Morrison-only.

It's from here on out that you need to make your decision. The new TPB of JLA vol. 5 is nice and thick and will match your vol. 4, but it leaves out the epilogue to Tower of Babel. So if you want that you will have to switch to the old tpb's.

No, I think you did the right thing. The 4 newer tpb's are more complete than the 4 hardcovers. Ultramarine corps and Earth 2 are not part of JLA, they were just thrown into the hardcover of volume 4 when the line switched to become Morrison-only.

It's from here on out that you need to make your decision. The new TPB of JLA vol. 5 is nice and thick and will match your vol. 4, but it leaves out the epilogue to Tower of Babel. So if you want that you will have to switch to the old tpb's.
    But why did they leave that out? Is it necessary? I would like to stick to the new editions, I'm not a fan of slim tpb-s.

This is what happens when the companies start to get cute and try to separate books by author or artist only. I can get that sometimes, but would it f***ing kill them to put the series out chronologically sometimes?????

Look at the mess we could have had with the JSA vol. 1 omnibus if DC didn't wise up.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Look at the mess we could have had with the JSA vol. 1 omnibus if DC didn't wise up.
    Hey now, the JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 isn't out yet. There's still time for it to be a mess (Fingers crossed it is not though!)