View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 900 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 40080085089089689789889990090190290390491095010001400 ... LastLast
Results 13,486 to 13,500 of 21662
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I'm tempted by this, but it's a bit disappointing that they didn't include the Superman Zero Hour issue where he encounters versions of Batman from different time periods. Such a great cover.
    Agreed, it would have made a nice inclusion. Its an interesting book (it serves as a nice time capsule of the early 90's Batman post-Knightfall) but its a bit odd that these issues are getting a release right now when no other Zero Hour books are, not even the main mini-series itself! (Beyond the fact that Batman books sell)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Looked through Batman: Zero Hour at my LCS and it contains

Batman 0, 511
    Legends of the Dark Knight 0
    Shadow of the Bat 0, 31
    Catwoman 0,14 (misprinted on back cover as 74!)
    Detectice Comics 0, 678
    Robin 0, 10
    Extras are a Batman timeline from his origin to Legacy & A villains timeline from year one to Cataclysm (both from Zero Hour I believe)

All covers before issues and printed on glossy paper
    I remember liking all of these issues when they came out, but can't recall how self-contained they were. Also, paper stock has recently become a big deal to me, after never caring about it before. If this is on glossy it makes it an easier pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Agreed, it would have made a nice inclusion. Its an interesting book (it serves as a nice time capsule of the early 90's Batman post-Knightfall) but its a bit odd that these issues are getting a release right now when no other Zero Hour books are, not even the main mini-series itself! (Beyond the fact that Batman books sell)
    Yeah, I'd definitely invest in a series of comprehensive Zero Hour collections, but honestly this Batman volume is probably the best we can hope for...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My DC wishlist:
    1. Aquaman by Peter David vol. 1
    2. Silver Age Aquaman vol. 1 (fantastic Nick Cardy art)
    3. Superman by Geoff Johns
    4. JLA Omnibus vol. 1 (90s Morrison series including fill-ins)
    5. Batman by Grant Morrison vol. 1
    6. Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez (sp)
    7. Aquaman by Geoff Johns

Less than 10.

I wonder if they'll ever print New 52 runs in Omni format. I'd love to get my hands on an Animal Man omni by Lemire. Speaking of Lemire, I miss that guy on DC. He was the main man for a while. Then he fizzled out. Kind of looked like Cullen Bunn was next up, but that ended very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever print New 52 runs in Omni format. I'd love to get my hands on an Animal Man omni by Lemire. Speaking of Lemire, I miss that guy on DC. He was the main man for a while. Then he fizzled out. Kind of looked like Cullen Bunn was next up, but that ended very badly.
    I mean, they did Flash by Manapul/Buccellato, and Batman and Robin by Tomasi/Gleason is coming in the fall. And they did a few in deluxe edition OHC format.

I do want to see a lot more, though.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    I mean, they did Flash by Manapul/Buccellato, and Batman and Robin by Tomasi/Gleason is coming in the fall. And they did a few in deluxe edition OHC format.

I do want to see a lot more, though.
    There's also a Harley Quinn Omni coming later this year too, and DC has plans for an Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omni too (if they ever get around to formally soliciting it!). Plus Johns's New 52 GL run was collected the third GL Omni. And his Darkseid War arc is getting its own book too.

That said, I second the vote for a Animal Man by Lemire Omni. Plus an Azzarello/Chiang WW Omni.

I broke down and submitted to the secret ballot.

I'll wait to post what i submitted until everything is over

Astonishing Member

I sent my ballot last night. I'm not sure what the upper limit of issues in a DC omnibus are. I am capping it at 50 issues, which is what Marvel gets up to. My choices were:

1. The Flash: Wally West Volume1 - Collecting the Flash series from 1987. Contains Flash #1-28, Annual #1-2, and Manhunter #8-9 that tied into the series. A second volume would collect to the end of the Bill Loebs run.
    2. Superman: Man of Tomorrow Volume 1- This would begin collecting the post Byrne era. Beginning with Superman#23, Adventures of Superman #445 and Action Comics #643. I would love to see a series of Omnibi that covered the Superman titles to the end of the "triangle" era.
    3. The Ray - Collecting the Ray min #1-6, The Ray ongoing #1-28, 0, the Ray Annual #1, and Black Canary #8.
    4. L.E.G.I.O.N. Volume 1 - Forget any of the year designations in the title. Collects to the end of the Alan Grant run with L.E.G.I.O.N. #1-39, Annual #1-2, and Adventures of Superman Annual #2. Maybe throw in the Invasion mini that introduced some of the character.
    5. Captain Atom Volume 1 - This is for the 1987 series, collecting Captain Atom #1-29 and Annual #1-2.
    6. Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Later Volume 1 - Collecting the 1989 series of Legion of Super-Heroes #1-27 and Annual #1-3. I'm not sure of the cutoff point here. I will leave it to others to figure out a good stopping point for the first volume. There may also be some crossover issues that would need to be included.
    7. Amalgam/Access - This also showed up on my Marvel wishlist. Collects DC vs. Marvel mini #1-4, all 24 Amalgam one shots, All Access mini #1-4, and Access Unlimited mini #1-4. I would love to get this all in one volume.
    8. Eclipso: The mid 90s crossover and series collecting Eclipso: The Darkness Within #1-2, Eclipso ongoing #1-18, and Annual #1. Throwing in all the Darkness Within annual would make this too big for one volume. I would only include any that had crucial plot points.
    9. Starman - The series from 1988 by Roger Stern collecting Starman #1-45 and any crossover issues needed. I believe there was a tie in issue to the Superman "Krisis of Red Kryptonite" story. We can throw that in if it can still all go in one volume.
    10. Impulse Volume 1: Collecting the Impulse series #1-28. That would bring it up to the last issue before Bill Loebs takes over. I can see it going longer if there is a good cutoff point in the Loebs run.

As you can tell, my favorite DC era is the post Crisis up to around 2000. I did not choose anything that has already by listed (i.e. JLI volume 1) or subsequent volumes to existing or listed omnibi (WW by Perez volume 3 or JLI volume 2).

Spectacular Member

Dude, you're reading my mind with the Wally West, Captain Atom & L.E.G.I.O.N. omnis. All those were on my list, and honestly I wasn't sure if they'd get love from anybody else. Makes me want to pick up The Ray and Starman, never read those series'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's also a Harley Quinn Omni coming later this year too, and DC has plans for an Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omni too (if they ever get around to formally soliciting it!). Plus Johns's New 52 GL run was collected the third GL Omni. And his Darkseid War arc is getting its own book too.

That said, I second the vote for a Animal Man by Lemire Omni. Plus an Azzarello/Chiang WW Omni.
    A lot of Johns material in omni format. I mean I know a lot of the N52 was par or even sub par, but it had its gems as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    Dude, you're reading my mind with the Wally West, Captain Atom & L.E.G.I.O.N. omnis. All those were on my list, and honestly I wasn't sure if they'd get love from anybody else. Makes me want to pick up The Ray and Starman, never read those series'.
    The Ray is by Priest, so if you liked his Black Panther or Deathstroke, you may want to pick it up. The biggest drawback is that the series was cancelled so Priest had to wrap up his plots pretty quickly in a way seems rushed.

Starman is by Roger Stern for over half the run. I've never read this run and I prefer Stern's Marvel work to his DC, but I would still pick this up to get a long run by Stern that is new to me.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I sent my ballot last night. I'm not sure what the upper limit of issues in a DC omnibus are. I am capping it at 50 issues, which is what Marvel gets up to. My choices were:

1. The Flash: Wally West Volume1 - Collecting the Flash series from 1987. Contains Flash #1-28, Annual #1-2, and Manhunter #8-9 that tied into the series. A second volume would collect to the end of the Bill Loebs run.
    2. Superman: Man of Tomorrow Volume 1- This would begin collecting the post Byrne era. Beginning with Superman#23, Adventures of Superman #445 and Action Comics #643. I would love to see a series of Omnibi that covered the Superman titles to the end of the "triangle" era.
    3. The Ray - Collecting the Ray min #1-6, The Ray ongoing #1-28, 0, the Ray Annual #1, and Black Canary #8.
    4. L.E.G.I.O.N. Volume 1 - Forget any of the year designations in the title. Collects to the end of the Alan Grant run with L.E.G.I.O.N. #1-39, Annual #1-2, and Adventures of Superman Annual #2. Maybe throw in the Invasion mini that introduced some of the character.
    5. Captain Atom Volume 1 - This is for the 1987 series, collecting Captain Atom #1-29 and Annual #1-2.
    6. Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Later Volume 1 - Collecting the 1989 series of Legion of Super-Heroes #1-27 and Annual #1-3. I'm not sure of the cutoff point here. I will leave it to others to figure out a good stopping point for the first volume. There may also be some crossover issues that would need to be included.
    7. Amalgam/Access - This also showed up on my Marvel wishlist. Collects DC vs. Marvel mini #1-4, all 24 Amalgam one shots, All Access mini #1-4, and Access Unlimited mini #1-4. I would love to get this all in one volume.
    8. Eclipso: The mid 90s crossover and series collecting Eclipso: The Darkness Within #1-2, Eclipso ongoing #1-18, and Annual #1. Throwing in all the Darkness Within annual would make this too big for one volume. I would only include any that had crucial plot points.
    9. Starman - The series from 1988 by Roger Stern collecting Starman #1-45 and any crossover issues needed. I believe there was a tie in issue to the Superman "Krisis of Red Kryptonite" story. We can throw that in if it can still all go in one volume.
    10. Impulse Volume 1: Collecting the Impulse series #1-28. That would bring it up to the last issue before Bill Loebs takes over. I can see it going longer if there is a good cutoff point in the Loebs run.

As you can tell, my favorite DC era is the post Crisis up to around 2000. I did not choose anything that has already by listed (i.e. JLI volume 1) or subsequent volumes to existing or listed omnibi (WW by Perez volume 3 or JLI volume 2).
    I would buy each and every one of these.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lots of great ideas suggested here! I wish we could have them all made into Omni's and everyone could be happy!
    My preference is still Omni's from the Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age up until around year 2000.
    After that, prefer Deluxe HC's or making my own custom stuff.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I would buy each and every one of these.
    Then you sir have good taste.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I remember liking all of these issues when they came out, but can't recall how self-contained they were. Also, paper stock has recently become a big deal to me, after never caring about it before. If this is on glossy it makes it an easier pass.
    IIRC the 0 issues are pretty self contained - just updated versions of the then-current origins, some like Batman & Robin deal with the heroes meeting up with characters that shouldn't be there (the "fat, bumbling" Alfred, Barbara Gordon Batgirl & Dick Grayson Robin) due to the events of Zero Hour affecting the timeline