View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 902 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 40280285289289889990090190290390490590691295210021402 ... LastLast
Results 13,516 to 13,530 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider73 View Post
    I know we have the following sets coming up later this year (Batman by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo Vol. 2 and Justice League by Geoff Johns Vol. 1), but does anyone know what the plans are past that?

It seems safe to assume there will be one more Batman and additional Justice League sets, but do you think we'll eventually get a Batman & Robin by Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason or a Batman Incorporated by Grant Morrison?
    Sorry, are we referring to paperback sets here?

I'm really anxiously awaiting the next Batman Absolute announcement. Morrison, Snyder, King. Anything!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thoughts on the upcoming Doom Patrol Silver Age Omni?
    I never got the Morrison tome. I've only ever read them when they crossed into a book I was reading and my take way never got me excited.
    What am I not getting/understanding.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yes. I posted elsewhere, but the moderator moved it into this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I never got the Morrison tome. I've only ever read them when they crossed into a book I was reading and my take way never got me excited.
    I think it depends on the writer but they are supposed to be the freaks who deal with weird guff regular superheroes don't tackle (like a painting that ate Paris). I think Kevin Smith described Morrison's DP the best, he said he was in his late teens IIRC, listening to emo stuff like The Cure and this comic matched that tone with it's outsider, neurotic heroes who go up against villains based or art styles like dadaism.
    But at it's core it's still a superhero book just with a Vertigo twist and it holds up even if you are not a late 80's emo young adult. Also Morrison's run is self contained and the ending is quite...something. I would definitely give it a try if you like the more straight forward Morrison. If you liked his Animal Man you will probably like DP too. (and you can pick up the new chunky trades if you don't want the monster sized omni).
    As for the SA run I assume it's very weird SA madness. I've heard it's quite out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The little bit I have read of silver age was okay did not really get into it. Morrison run is amazing great stuff some good superheroes that you would never want to be. Lots of weird ideas and characters, big fan of Mister Nobody and Danny the Street. Was also a massive fan of the Painting That Ate Paris story.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    The little bit I have read of silver age was okay did not really get into it. Morrison run is amazing great stuff some good superheroes that you would never want to be. Lots of weird ideas and characters, big fan of Mister Nobody and Danny the Street. Was also a massive fan of the Painting That Ate Paris story.
    Always wanted to read Morrison's DP. The covers alone look so amazing

Doom Pateol might very well be the best thing Morrison ever wrote in my opinion. It's too bad that charlatan Rachel Pollack came along afterward. What a turd run and a discredit to Morrison's work.

But I digress.

As far as the SA stuff goes, I read some of it. It's typical SA ridiculousness.

Also, the DP Morrison wrote was for the most part a different group of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Always wanted to read Morrison's DP. The covers alone look so amazing
    You should grab the first trade it is really really good, if you like Morrison already you would probably love it. One of his best runs top notch stuff, the omnibus is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Doom Pateol might very well be the best thing Morrison ever wrote in my opinion. It's too bad that charlatan Rachel Pollack came along afterward. What a turd run and a discredit to Morrison's work.

But I digress.

As far as the SA stuff goes, I read some of it. It's typical SA ridiculousness.

Also, the DP Morrison wrote was for the most part a different group of characters.
    You should grab the first trade it is really really good, if you like Morrison already you would probably love it. One of his best runs top notch stuff, the omnibus is massive.
    I read Morrison's DP over the Fall/Winter and thoroughly enjoyed it. I say this as a Morrison fan- I've read most of his major works at this point too. I see DP as a huge precursor to his Invisibles, and, in my opinion, much better executed.

I'm looking forward to picking the Silver Age one up

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I read Morrison's DP over the Fall/Winter and thoroughly enjoyed it. I say this as a Morrison fan- I've read most of his major works at this point too. I see DP as a huge precursor to his Invisibles, and, in my opinion, much better executed.

I'm looking forward to picking the Silver Age one up
    Definitely agree. It was like Invisibles written with an editor who let him go just a tiny bit over the line and then reeled him back, rather than letting him leap off the cliff.

I'd love go read it. I already have an ever growing wish list (much like everyone else here)

Definitely agree. It was like Invisibles written with an editor who let him go just a tiny bit over the line and then reeled him back, rather than letting him leap off the cliff.
    as much as I've enjoyed DP I loved diving off the cliff with Invisibles. That book was 100% what Morrison wanted and I'm glad no one stopped him. Obviously I don't want every book to be like that but once in a while it is very refreshing to just dive into his mind unfiltered.
    But honestly I don't really see the connection. DP was about outcast rejects who doesn't have a place anywhere else in the world and they are stuck with themselves and with each other but still form a family. Sort of like an artsy, goth/emo X-men.
    Invisibles is about counter culture, conspiracy theories, reality and our place in the universe. They are cool but spiritual, sexy underground spy stuff (or at least what Morrison thought was sexy at the time). There is nothing sexy about DP. Also DP's storytelling is quite straight forward and builds up to a conclusion, heroes learn a lesson etc. Invisibles constantly plays with expectations and structure.

But what do yous think of Flex Mentallo?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Sorry, are we referring to paperback sets here?

I'm really anxiously awaiting the next Batman Absolute announcement. Morrison, Snyder, King. Anything!
    I'd like a DK3 but probably a little ways off on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    But what do yous think of Flex Mentallo?
    I've read Flex three or four times and probably hate it more each time. Just pretentious and in-memorable in my opinion. That said, I really like the Filth, which is somewhat of a divisive story among fans (much like Flex - I think).

I've read Flex three or four times and probably hate it more each time. Just pretentious and in-memorable in my opinion. That said, I really like the Filth, which is somewhat of a divisive story among fans (much like Flex - I think).
    weird, the Filth is even more unfiltered than The Invisibles. Although it's much shorter.