View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 904 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 40480485489490090190290390490590690790891495410041404 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 21662
    The Dark Knight

Went ahead ordered the Knightfall Omnibus. Be nice to have the issues all in one binded collection tbh.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zep81 View Post
    Went ahead ordered the Knightfall Omnibus. Be nice to have the issues all in one binded collection tbh.
    Yea, except for Sword of Azrael, DC seems to get it 96% right (taking 1% off for each issue of Sword of Az omitted). I swear, I bet royalties played some part in DC's decision to omit Sword yet again (but I could be wrong).

Besides just merely introducing Az, Az's origin and all (The Order of St Dumas) in Sword of Azrael become things to appreciate in full in Knightquest when Az starts falling apart mentally.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I was listening to a podcast with Tom King on it, and he said that there would be dialogue corrections for his Batman in the hardcover of his run, but that the TPBs were released too early to include these changes. Does anybody know what specifically this is? I buy collected editions exclusively in paperback format, but don't want to buy an inferior product.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I was listening to a podcast with Tom King on it, and he said that there would be dialogue corrections for his Batman in the hardcover of his run, but that the TPBs were released too early to include these changes. Does anybody know what specifically this is? I buy collected editions exclusively in paperback format, but don't want to buy an inferior product.
    Thanks for letting me know, now I may not buy the next softcover, or wait for a long time until a corrected one surfaces.

No, the (ugh) Deluxe coming soon of two arcs/softcover trades of his run might be the first glimpse of these changes. Won't know until Sept.
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-De.../dp/1401271324

I hate when DC does these trade dialogue changes. I hate it. The softcovers should be correct the first time. And I too favor softcoers, NOT DELUXES (!).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-14-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, except for Sword of Azrael, DC seems to get it 96% right (taking 1% off for each issue of Sword of Az omitted). I swear, I bet royalties played some part in DC's decision to omit Sword yet again (but I could be wrong).

Besides just merely introducing Az, Az's origin and all (The Order of St Dumas) in Sword of Azrael become things to appreciate in full in Knightquest when Az starts falling apart mentally.
    Yeah lol. With DC there's always something missing no matter how complete they attempt to make something. But at least with Knightfall they've done a pretty good job tbh. Plus, I do have the Sword of Azrael TPB so it's not too much of an issue.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I can see both sides of including Sword of Azrael.
    On one hand, yes it does give a fuller backstory so that when Jean Paul Valley starts to lose it you already know why.
    On the other hand, DC's thought maybe that within the Batman/Detective issues there is more than enough backstory and exposition to also explain that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I can see both sides of including Sword of Azrael.
    This should definitely have been included in the book. Not sure why they left it out. Frustrating.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I can't imagine how they could screw it up. It's the same third grade writing dialogue over and over again. Maybe the collections editor left out a "bat" or "cat" reference. Or an "I'm gonna break your back" mention.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can't imagine how they could screw it up. It's the same third grade writing dialogue over and over again. Maybe the collections editor left out a "bat" or "cat" reference. Or an "I'm gonna break your back" mention.
    Sounds like someone heavily isn't digging King's potatoes on Batman

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Yes, just skips those. Batman's next trade is the pre-Button Bane arc then post-Button stories ending with the...
    Spoiler this, mate

You recall which podcast by any chance? Man this dialogue changing stuff irks me. DC acts like it has no time to fix trades, no ability to slightly delay softcovers if changes are needed.

You recall which podcast by any chance? Man this dialogue changing stuff irks me. DC acts like it has no time to fix trades, no ability to slightly delay softcovers if changes are needed.
    I can SLIGHTLY see their point. Being a twice a month title, they wanted to rush the first Rebirth trade to the people, as quickly as possible. Although I'd have to imagine these text changes aren't that important, and are probably so minor, it doesn't contribute anything to the story at all.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Any idea what was wrong with the original dialogue? Were words missing? Or did they just realize some of the lines sounded stupid and eye-roll inducing?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Any idea what was wrong with the original dialogue? Were words missing? Or did they just realize some of the lines sounded stupid and eye-roll inducing?
    Read this review on Amazon for I am Suicide TPB. May or may not be useful:

"Dialogue is repeated several times as a motif, and it usually works well to convey the dark, mysterious tone. However, it grows a little tiresome after a few chapters. It's difficult to describe without giving too much away, but anyone who reads this collection will immediately understand."

Is it possible that DC is removing some of this repetition? (I haven't read Batman at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Sounds like someone heavily isn't digging King's potatoes on Batman
    I gave it a chance, 12 issues or so and then said the hell with it. Horrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    More than likely the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Read this review on Amazon for I am Suicide TPB. May or may not be useful:

"Dialogue is repeated several times as a motif, and it usually works well to convey the dark, mysterious tone. However, it grows a little tiresome after a few chapters. It's difficult to describe without giving too much away, but anyone who reads this collection will immediately understand."
    It honestly reads like bad 7th grade poetry. All that's missing is a bad attempt to rhyme. (Maybe we'll get a Demon guest appearance soon.)