View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 905 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 40580585589590190290390490590690790890991595510051405 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,575 of 21672

I find this dialogue changing oddly interesting. Why is it being changed? Was it just a spelling error? Did King just decide he wanted to change it? Did the Letterer screw up from the script? Shouldn't the Editor have found it if it was wrong? Do Editors even do anything anymore? If it does turn out to be a significant change, why wasn't it caught and corrected before the single issue released?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I gave it a chance, 12 issues or so and then said the hell with it. Horrible writing.

More than likely the latter.

It honestly reads like bad 7th grade poetry. All that's missing is a bad attempt to rhyme. (Maybe we'll get a Demon guest appearance soon.)
    I dream of An Etrigan rap battle. Even if its a one shot.

Anyway, everytime I hear something positive about King's Batman, I hear so much more bad. I'm fine just reading 'Tec. Love the characters and story. Although predictable at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I dream of An Etrigan rap battle. Even if its a one shot.

Anyway, everytime I hear something positive about King's Batman, I hear so much more bad. I'm fine just reading 'Tec. Love the characters and story. Although predictable at times.
    I agree with you about Detective. I've stuck with that one since Rebirth and although it's predictable for the most part I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I agree with you about Detective. I've stuck with that one since Rebirth and although it's predictable for the most part I'm enjoying it.
    Its quite fun. I can get my Batman fix.in various places elsewhere. All star and the main Batman line,.oddly seem dull in contrast.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I find this dialogue changing oddly interesting. Why is it being changed?
    This happened with Scott Snyder too. Death of the Family though I think was maybe the only one, but the changes were actually significant somewhat. Not errors, but cleaning up language in such a way that it kinda toned down Joker from the original text. Ending was slightly like amended too, but don't recall details.

http://imgur.com/a/2NLIJ

Difference was the softcover had the corrected final language, it was just the floppies that retained the unfinalized text. Here King is saying even the first softcovers won't have the finalized text, so floppies and first softcovers are now "wrong"/unfinal (enjoy customers!).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-15-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    then post-Button stories ending with the Catwoman proposal.
    Dude. Come on. Not cool. You're in a thread for people that read things in collected editions and this one isn't out yet. Why would you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Dude. Come on. Not cool. You're in a thread for people that read things in collected editions and this one isn't out yet. Why would you say that?

Not advocating spoilers, but it's literally on the cover of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Not advocating spoilers, but it's literally on the cover of the issue.
    The image has also been making its rounds everywhere, including CBR headlines. Its spoilers, but as you said, no more so than anything else we've seen on a cover.

I'm still in the fence between the ASM omnibus or Epic collections.... At what point would Kraven's Last Humt make it to an omnibus?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    I'm still in the fence between the ASM omnibus or Epic collections.... At what point would Kraven's Last Humt make it to an omnibus?
    No one knows for sure, but either way this is probably a question better suited to the Marvel thread...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No one knows for sure, but either way this is probably a question better suited to the Marvel thread...
    Haha, sorry. Wrong thread

Does anyone know when we get the preview for Fall/Winter content? Or is it way too early?

Does anyone have a running list of all the 2017 DC Omnibus's still to be released?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Finally starting this beauty! Sword of Azrael was awesome too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Finally starting this beauty! Sword of Azrael was awesome too
    So big, even the picture couldn't handle it!