View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 910 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 41081086090090690790890991091191291391492096010101410 ... LastLast
Results 13,636 to 13,650 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Thanks, this sounds like fun.
    I'm in, never read the story, but sounds interesting!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Just placed my IST weekly order this morning before the new listings appeared for the week.

I ordered The Teen Titans Bronze Age Omni, Hawkman by G. Johns Vol 1 (since I could not ever find the Omni of it at a reasonable price... I'll make my own someday), and Teen Titans Rebirth Vol. 1 TPB.

Looking at the new stuff just released on IST, I guess I'll skip a week. The only think that interests me is Death of Hawkman 6 issue-mini TPB. I sure wish they would have made that one in a Hardcover since it's over and done. But I got have this book since it sounds like my counterpart bites the dust again.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Just placed my IST weekly order this morning before the new listings appeared for the week.

I ordered The Teen Titans Bronze Age Omni, Hawkman by G. Johns Vol 1 (since I could not ever find the Omni of it at a reasonable price... I'll make my own someday), and Teen Titans Rebirth Vol. 1 TPB.

Looking at the new stuff just released on IST, I guess I'll skip a week. The only think that interests me is Death of Hawkman 6 issue-mini TPB. I sure wish they would have made that one in a Hardcover since it's over and done. But I got have this book since it sounds like my counterpart bites the dust again.
    Let me know how TTs Rebirth is. Have been interested. But it looks kind of sub par. Not a fan of Damian Wayne, and I'm still traumatized over how horrible the Raven mini series was. I know its a different writer, but if thats how DC wants their young heroes to be, I'm out.

Let me know how TTs Rebirth is. Have been interested. But it looks kind of sub par. Not a fan of Damian Wayne, and I'm still traumatized over how horrible the Raven mini series was. I know its a different writer, but if thats how DC wants their young heroes to be, I'm out.
    I would say do not bother well I do find it to be improvement over New 52 stuff still nothing that great. Titans has been better, but they all got dragged down by Lazarus Contract. I am a big Damian fan so giving them a shot, but if you do not like him you may not enjoy the books as he is very much trying to take the lead role and not nice about it. Been a long while since we last had a good TT book.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Lazarus Contract was a s%#$show, and both Wally West and Damian Wayne got character assassinated.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would say do not bother well I do find it to be improvement over New 52 stuff still nothing that great. Titans has been better, but they all got dragged down by Lazarus Contract. I am a big Damian fan so giving them a shot, but if you do not like him you may not enjoy the books as he is very much trying to take the lead role and not nice about it. Been a long while since we last had a good TT book.
    Thanks. I'm enjoying Titans, even though the first trade felt Like: Wally and the Gang. coming off the tails of Rebirth, I understand why Wally was such a dominate figure.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Lazarus Contract was a s%#$show, and both Wally West and Damian Wayne got character assassinated.
    Yeah once they gave spoilers:
    Deathstorke speed force powers
    end of spoilers I was done just an unneeded follow up to a classic story line.

Incredible Member

Teen Titans has been fantastic in rebirth, tons of fun. But if you have a dislike for Damian it might not be your thing as he is front and center of the first arc.

But Lazarus Contract (like every almost every single crossover in Rebirth) was complete garbage.
    Last edited by drd; 06-20-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Teen Titans has been fantastic in rebirth, tons of fun. But if you have a dislike for Damian it might not be your thing as he is front and center of the first arc.

But Lazarus Contract (like every almost every single crossover in Rebirth) was complete garbage.
    Thats been the general consensus actually, about the crossovers. I wish they focused more on the core stories. Any other Rebirth reviews? This may narrow my reading list...

Specifically, how has Batgirl and the Birds of Prey been? Nightwing? Hellblazer? And finally, Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

JLA: THE NAIL/ANOTHER NAIL DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by ALAN DAVIS
    Art by ALAN DAVIS and MARK FARMER
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    These Elseworlds tales from JLA: THE NAIL #1-3 and JLA: ANOTHER NAIL #1-3, collected in a single hardcover for the first time, examine the repercussions of a simple event as the Kents’ flat tire prevents them from discovering a small rocket ship with an alien baby inside it! As a result, the world’s greatest hero never comes to be. Without Superman as a symbol of integrity who inspires greatness, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman, the Atom and Green Lantern must battle public and interpersonal distrust as they attempt to work together to protect a world that fears them.
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 320 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $39.99 US
    Nice!

I am all over this! been waiting a long time for this to be collected in a nice edition. Too bad it's not over-sized though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I liked it. Alan Davis's art is top notch and his writing strong. It's an Elseworld story about what would happen if the Kents had not found baby Kal-El and inspired him to be Superman. The majority of the story is about how the other heroes develop without his influence. Characters get injured, die, become villains, etc. Basically all the tropes of a What if? or Elseworlds story.
    Thanks. You sold me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Nice!

I am all over this! been waiting a long time for this to be collected in a nice edition. Too bad it's not over-sized though...
    Lucky day, it is oversized.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Nice!

It will be. "Deluxe Edition" is DC-speak for oversized.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Thats been the general consensus actually, about the crossovers. I wish they focused more on the core stories. Any other Rebirth reviews? This may narrow my reading list...

Specifically, how has Batgirl and the Birds of Prey been? Nightwing? Hellblazer? And finally, Suicide Squad.
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey - not great, gets a bit better after the first arc.
    Nightwing - volume 1 is a bit of a retread if you were a fan of Grayson, but it gets good when he reaches bludhaven
    Hellblazer - a dumpster fire don't go anywhere near it
    Suicide Squad - pre- JLvSS its great fun, the arc after JLvSS was pretty bad but its starting to pick up again.

Well I hope we'll finally get Titans: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 in October solicited. Can't wait for that art in Deluxe format. They solicited pretty much all HC/Deluxe from previews aside from Green Arrow: The Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book 1 (Rebirth) HC, wchich will presumably come in October. Or did I missed anything?