View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 936 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 43683688692693293393493593693793893994094698610361436 ... LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,040 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    PAD'S run on Supergirl is one of my favorite runs of all time! I haven't had the chance to read Orlando's Supergirl yet ....your praise of of it has gotten me excited though! Thanks !
    Im a little biased, because I adore and dote Orlando, but its still pretty good. Thats another thing about Rebirth trades, is how cheap they are. So you can sample a series for less that $20, and if dont feel at a loss if its not your thing. I believe the Flash had 8 issues or so, for that price. Stellar marketing for tpb junkies, such as myself.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Im a little biased, because I adore and dote Orlando, but its still pretty good. Thats another thing about Rebirth trades, is how cheap they are. So you can sample a series for less that $20, and if dont feel at a loss if its not your thing. I believe the Flash had 8 issues or so, for that price. Stellar marketing for tpb junkies, such as myself.
    Hey no problem , you're preaching to the quoir , DC always gives ya more bang for your buck. And I was looking forward to Orlando ''s Supergirl either way (it's the only rebirth Super book I haven't read yet) and would have checked it out eventually, your recommendation just moved it up on my to read list is all!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Ooh ooh I can help!

Here's what the new trades look like all in a row:

And here's the front and back of two books:

Awesome, thanks!

Hey no problem , you're preaching to the quoir , DC always gives ya more bang for your buck. And I was looking forward to Orlando ''s Supergirl either way (it's the only rebirth Super book I haven't read yet) and would have checked it out eventually, your recommendation just moved it up on my to read list is all!
    I concur. I'm not bashing, but its tough to get modern Marvel books when they're more pricey. The paper quality is slightly better, but overall its not worth it most of the time. Not to mention with Rebirth, there's constantly something out week after week that I want. And if its a series I really enjoy, like Green Lanterns, the next volume is only 3 months away, compared to 6months to a year.

I concur. I'm not bashing, but its tough to get modern Marvel books when they're more pricey. The paper quality is slightly better, but overall its not worth it most of the time. Not to mention with Rebirth, there's constantly something out week after week that I want. And if its a series I really enjoy, like Green Lanterns, the next volume is only 3 months away, compared to 6months to a year.
    I totally agree with you. Those normal Marvel trades are a total waste. Especially the 4 to 5 issue ones. It's better to wait for when they double them up. A lot if DC Rebirth trades are 7 to 8 issues and most (if not all have 16.99 assuming you're paying retail price).it's like is said more bang for your buck.

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I totally agree with you. Those normal Marvel trades are a total waste. Especially the 4 to 5 issue ones. It's better to wait for when they double them up. A lot if DC Rebirth trades are 7 to 8 issues and most (if not all have 16.99 assuming you're paying retail price).it's like is said more bang for your buck.
    Although the flip side is the price on some of DCs HC Deluxe. The upcoming Adam Strange Dlx DC isn't the big with content, and I believe it sells for $40?? That's pretty steep for a lesser known character. Thank god for ISTs 50% off.

There are a few D C Rebirth hc deluxe editions I am looking forward to (Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman)
    and a few I hope to see solicited soon (Green Lanterns, Aquaman, and Deathstroke).

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    There are a few D C Rebirth hc deluxe editions I am looking forward to (Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman)
    and a few I hope to see solicited soon (Green Lanterns, Aquaman, and Deathstroke).
    I believe WW is the only Dlx HC I'm waiting for.

hope this is OHC and not normal HC:
    Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck

JSA complete

Also the kirby revival series will be in TPB except for Kamandi Challenge!
    I wish they do one HC or OHC with Kamandi Chalenge, the new MR Miracle, Bug (adventures of forager) and Kirby 100 issues all in same book!!

So any word on more planetary?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I believe WW is the only Dlx HC I'm waiting for.
    While I'm tempted to start getting the rebirth Deluxes , I will probably stick to my plan of binding the tpbs into custom omnibus ' as the different series' get further along. But I'm tempted , I admit.

While I'm tempted to start getting the rebirth Deluxes , I will probably stick to my plan of binding the tpbs into custom omnibus ' as the different series' get further along. But I'm tempted , I admit.
    They look great on a shelf. But they're a pain to read. I'm still lugging away at my WW by Perez v.2 omni. So much content jammed in there. I'm not a big fan of the omnibuses. Although if I could custom bind one series in its entirety... definitely has to be every Amethyst comic series.

They look great on a shelf. But they're a pain to read. I'm still lugging away at my WW by Perez v.2 omni. So much content jammed in there. I'm not a big fan of the omnibuses. Although if I could custom bind one series in its entirety... definitely has to be every Amethyst comic series.

Are they oversized ? I seem to have a problem with oversized omnis. ..I don't why but if it's a normal trade size (which obviously is what my customs are as I use trades) I'm fine with 20 to 30 issues but when they're the official company released ones it bothers me. Not a very popular opinion I know.

Ah...Amethyst that's a very popular series to get bound. I hope to bind it one day myself as I've only read bits and pieces of it and have fond memories of seeing it in the comic book shops when I was a wee lad.

Are they oversized ? I seem to have a problem with oversized omnis. ..I don't why but if it's a normal trade size (which obviously is what my customs are as I use trades) I'm fine with 20 to 30 issues but when they're the official company released ones it bothers me. Not a very popular opinion I know.

Ah...Amethyst that's a very popular series to get bound. I hope to bind it one day myself as I've only read bits and pieces of it and have fond memories of seeing it in the comic book shops when I was a wee lad.
    Its so pretty to look at! I dont believe it is oversized, but I cant imagine those being much better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    hope this is OHC and not normal HC:
    Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck

JSA complete
    Wow... assuming that's real, that explains why the softcover collecting the 1993 series was taken off the schedule last year. At $50 for 18 issues, sure hoping it's OHC, but still... fantastic news!