View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 938 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 43883888892893493593693793893994094194294898810381438 ... LastLast
Results 14,056 to 14,070 of 21671
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Harley really is DCs Deadpool if they're going to start renaming series to try and increase sales.

I'm still in for both of these though Loeb Sale is always a good time.
    Yeah..but eh if it helps sales why not? And as long as Harley 's actually in it, I think it's OK. The problem is when they release a collection and put her name (or in Marvel's case Deadpool) and their not actually or barely in it!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Super excited for the Zero Hour/ Armageddon 2001: The Deluxe Edition

But I'm a little concerned for the Armageddon 2001 inclusion
    The contents on edelweiss list it as including only the bookend issue of this event
    I've never read Armageddon 2001 but I know that there was 10 or 11 Annual issues in between the bookend issues

Is the Bookend issues (Armageddon 2001 #1-2) all you need to understand the event? Btw I know that the ending was changed to make the overall event pretty confusing
    Thanks
    "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth"

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    Yeah..but eh if it helps sales why not? And as long as Harley 's actually in it, I think it's OK. The problem is when they release a collection and put her name (or in Marvel's case Deadpool) and their not actually or barely in it!
    I'm waiting for the HQ Omnibus, titled:

Harley Quinn Presents: The Harley Quinn Omnibus. Featuring Harley Quinn. Harley Quinn is in this Book

I despise Harley Quinn with a passion forged by the fires of Hell, and crafted by Darksied and Saturnus.

Unrelated but on topic: I think Waids Flash v.4 contains the contents for V.3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Would the 3rd Knightfall Omnibus conclude the story? Still on the fence about whether or not to pick them all up.
    Yes, the omnibus ends with Troika which was the first post-Knightfall story with Bruce back in the cowl

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I intended to buy this when it was first solicited as a chunky trade... but now I'm not so sure.

As with the recent Batman & The Outsiders book, I find the material to be good, just not "$50 for a HC" good...
    Same here, I would have loved to pick up a larger softcover collection of B&TO but $50 for 12 issues was too much IMO

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Question: Is the Dark Knight Master Race hardcover standard size, while the "Art of" covers book is deluxe size? That would be incredibly stupid. Yet the new cover on Amazon mentions nothing about it being Deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post

Harley Quinn Presents: The Harley Quinn Omnibus. Featuring Harley Quinn. Harley Quinn is in this Book

I despise Harley Quinn with a passion forged by the fires of Hell, and crafted by Darksied and Saturnus.

Hahaha!!!!!! You crack me up!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post

So just like Deadpool over at Marvel. I mean we will get a second volume of the X-force omnibus that was on clearance for an eternity but it will be titled Deadpool and the X-force.
    I don't even know what to say....

Also if Gotham central wasn't titles Batman: Gotham Central I don't know why we need Harley's name on this. I think Harley can work when the focus is not on her but any other time she is extremely obnoxious (so just like Deadpool) .
    But I think I'll pick up the omni because I remember liking the series and I really like the other two main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So just like Deadpool over at Marvel. I mean we will get a second volume of the X-force omnibus that was on clearance for an eternity but it will be titled Deadpool and the X-force.
    I don't even know what to say....

Also if Gotham central wasn't titles Batman: Gotham Central I don't know why we need Harley's name on this. I think Harley can work when the focus is not on her but any other time she is extremely obnoxious (so just like Deadpool) .
    But I think I'll pick up the omni because I remember liking the series and I really like the other two main characters.
    Its the same mentality as BATGIRL® and the Birds of Prey. When there's 3 characters, its kind of silly to divide them like that. Then again I suppose Red Hood and the Outlaws is guilty of the same thing. At least its more creative than Aqua man and the Others!! That name always bothered me...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Question: Is the Dark Knight Master Race hardcover standard size, while the "Art of" covers book is deluxe size? That would be incredibly stupid. Yet the new cover on Amazon mentions nothing about it being Deluxe.
    Yes it is.

DC just charged people >$100 to have each of the individual issues in a deluxe hardcover whilst it was coming out it wont be out as a deluxe sized hardcover in quite awhile.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yes it is.

DC just charged people >$100 to have each of the individual issues in a deluxe hardcover whilst it was coming out it wont be out as a deluxe sized hardcover in quite awhile.
    That series is so not worth collecting in individual deluxe issues. It's so decompressed, they take about four minutes to read apiece. The same amount of story is baked into two pages of the original Dark Knight Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder595 View Post

The contents on edelweiss list it as including only the bookend issue of this event
    I've never read Armageddon 2001 but I know that there was 10 or 11 Annual issues in between the bookend issues

Is the Bookend issues (Armageddon 2001 #1-2) all you need to understand the event? Btw I know that the ending was changed to make the overall event pretty confusing
    Thanks
    They probably include Armageddon 2001 for the introduction of the Waverider, but your right, the story crosses over to every Annual from that year. It is a long time since I've read those issues, but you'd need at least some back info for what happend in between to understand the 2nd Armageddon issue.

And I've they want to be complete they should've include the Armageddon Inferno miniseries, which continues the 2001 story and reintroduces the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    That series is so not worth collecting in individual deluxe issues. It's so decompressed, they take about four minutes to read apiece. The same amount of story is baked into two pages of the original Dark Knight Returns.
    So true....Don't get me wrong...I really enjoyed the story but it seemed super short by the time it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    They probably include Armageddon 2001 for the introduction of the Waverider, but your right, the story crosses over to every Annual from that year. It is a long time since I've read those issues, but you'd need at least some back info for what happend in between to understand the 2nd Armageddon issue.

And I've they want to be complete they should've include the Armageddon Inferno miniseries, which continues the 2001 story and reintroduces the JSA.
    I'd have preferred an Armageddon 2001 omnibus & a Zero Hour Omnibus. I would have bought those in a heartbeat.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder595 View Post

Thanks
    The annuals have Waverider show up, see a hero's future, realize they are not Monarch, and leave. None of the annuals are vital to the Waverider/Monarch storyline, and one annual directly contradicts the end of the story. The contradiction is because the original planned ending was leaked, so a new ending was quickly written.

There were two followup minis. One followed Waverider as he freed the JSA and the other followed Captain Atom fighting Monarch as they travel through time.