View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 943 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 44384389393393994094194294394494594694795399310431443 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 21671
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Batman by Neal Adams Book One Paperback – March 13, 2018
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...tededitions-20

Am I utterly delusional in hoping this might be the unretouched unrecolored versions of these Neal Adam classics?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

Am I utterly delusional in hoping this might be the unretouched unrecolored versions of these Neal Adam classics?
    I get that you're trying to make a statement about the oft-derided "updated" editions, but there's just no reason to think DC would rework this volume when it's just a TPB re-release.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Unfortunately, you may be delusional...

I'm sure these releases will just be the Omnibus broken up into several smaller books. Sparing me a double dip, because otherwise I'd be tempted.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

With Morrison/Burnham Arkham Asylum 2 coming, when is DC going to do a new edition one-volume softcover of Batman Incorporated with the finalized Absolute contents?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-11-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    At Edelweiss's website, Zero Hour/Armageddon 2001: The Deluxe Edition had its name changed to just Zero Hour:

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401278515

The product description hasn't changed so far, but I suspect DC gave up on collecting both minis together. Maybe they figured an Armageddon 2001 omnibus would be a better idea.
    If it ends up just being the 5 issues Zero Hour mini.........that's a rip off of a book but would stick with DC's idea that deluxes should be tiny!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If it ends up just being the 5 issues Zero Hour mini.........that's a rip off of a book but would stick with DC's idea that deluxes should be tiny!
    A few days after my previous post, the HC's content description changed, and it looks like it will collect just the main Zero Hour mini indeed (unlike the original TPB, which also includes the short stories from Showcase '94 #8-9 that show Extant's origin), and it won't be a Deluxe Edition anymore.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

A few days after my previous post, the HC's content description changed, and it looks like it will collect just the main Zero Hour mini indeed (unlike the original TPB, which also includes the short stories from Showcase '94 #8-9 that show Extant's origin), and it won't be a Deluxe Edition anymore.
    Oh DC, you suck so damn hard.

Truly, I wish I could meet their collection's editor and punch them in the damn face
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh DC, you suck so damn hard.

Truly, I wish I could meet their collection's editor and punch them in the damn face
    It looks like they axed Hawkworld as well

Hello to all.
    Here is a full formal description of the Dark Knight III the master race collector's box set.
    https://myabsolutecollection.blogspo...ster-race.html
    Pretty nice object, good story and art, and beautiful covers. But in terms of extras, the real collector's edition seems to be the digital edition.
    Of course this will make a very nice Absolute Edition in a few Months (including the covers deluxe ed.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hello to all.
    Here is a full formal description of the Dark Knight III the master race collector's box set.
    https://myabsolutecollection.blogspo...ster-race.html
    Pretty nice object, good story and art, and beautiful covers. But in terms of extras, the real collector's edition seems to be the digital edition.
    Of course this will make a very nice Absolute Edition in a few Months (including the covers deluxe ed.)
    They haven't announced that though, right? I'm dying for the next Batman Absolute edition. Miller, Snyder, Morrison. I'll take any of their arcs if they're announced in Absolute.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

They might as well just reprint the last edition of the tpb. No one wants just the 5-part mini in HC...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Just finished the final arc of the Aquaman Sub Diego storyline. Its good. Ive never read Hellboy or those titles, but man. John Acudi is an underrated writer. Good stuff. Gleason on art was nice too. Interesting to see him evolve into something like Batman and Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    They haven't announced that though, right? I'm dying for the next Batman Absolute edition. Miller, Snyder, Morrison. I'll take any of their arcs if they're announced in Absolute.
    No, it hasn't been announced yet.

Mighty Member

Absolute Preacher v3 & Batman: Knightsend Omni up on Amazon. Expected, so not really that newsworthy

With Morrison/Burnham Arkham Asylum 2 coming, when is DC going to do a new edition one-volume softcover of Batman Incorporated with the finalized Absolute contents?
    Or when are they going to do a Deluxe HC collection of his epic run? (Best Batman Comics ever, imo)

Along with other related issues from Final Crisis, RoBW, etc...