View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 944 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 44484489493494094194294394494594694794895499410441444 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 21671

How much do the Future's End one shots(collected in the omnibus) contribute/tie into the main series(collected in the trades) and are worth reading with the main series?

Amazing Member

Future's end was like, mediocre at best. Honestly, it was like 52 Week, Part 2. But even more shittier and the writers and artists just pushed it out to make quota's. I love DC, but that was just horrendous. I wouldn't even waste my time on that uninspired shitfest.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    How much do the Future's End one shots(collected in the omnibus) contribute/tie into the main series(collected in the trades) and are worth reading with the main series?
    Thats a tough question. Its pretty Low, if any. You didnt ask for a review of FE, so I won't include that, but there's hardly any that fit in with the story. I think the biggest one was the Justice League/JLU crossover that was happening in those one shots. I think the Constantine issue was also slightly insightful?

There are some stand alone issues that were worth reading. They don't tie into the FE story, but into the main series themselves. Red Lanterns, Sinestro and Supergirl come to mind.

Amazing Member

The one Futures End one-shot I recall that actually tied into the ongoing series was the Flash one, which was part of a storyline where present-day Barry Allen was fighting an alternate future version of himself. For most DC books, the Futures End stunt worked like a skip month, and many of the specials weren't even written and drawn by the regular creative teams. In my opinion, the writer who made the best use of the concept was Charles Soule. The Swamp Thing and Red Lanterns one-shots work beautifully as epilogues to his runs on those respective series, even though they shipped months before his final issues came out.
    Last edited by Starro; 08-16-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Amazing Member

Sorry, double-posted by accident.
    Last edited by Starro; 08-16-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Incredible Member

The only one that might be worth reading along with the main Futures End series is the Green Arrow one, it spoilers:
    goes a bit more into his fake out death and what hes been doing since before his reappearance in the main Futures End book
    end of spoilers

You really don't need to bother with any of the others, they are pure world building which is kinda nice for the whole Elseworlds/Alternate future thing they've got going on but none of them really tie-in to any events in the main book.

Thanks everyone for the input about Future's End. IST had the omnibus on damage/clearance for 38 bucks but looks like someone else picked it up.

Maybe if it's ever that low again I'll bite.

Amazing Member

Only now I realize I completely misunderstood ER Prest's question. By "main series", I thought he meant DC's many ongoing series, not the weekly Futures End series. Since Lemire and Jurgens were part of Futures End's writing team, the one-shots they wrote (Justice League, Justice League United, Green Arrow, Superman, Aquaman, Aquaman and the Others) tended to be the ones that tied most closely into the weekly series.

And while I singled out Soule's one-shots as the best of the bunch, I must say Grayson: Futures End is an excellent piece of writing, too. It was the comic that made me realize Tom King was a writer to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    Only now I realize I completely misunderstood ER Prest's question. By "main series", I thought he meant DC's many ongoing series, not the weekly Futures End series. Since Lemire and Jurgens were part of Futures End's writing team, the one-shots they wrote (Justice League, Justice League United, Green Arrow, Superman, Aquaman, Aquaman and the Others) tended to be the ones that tied most closely into the weekly series.

And while I singled out Soule's one-shots as the best of the bunch, I must say Grayson: Futures End is an excellent piece of writing, too. It was the comic that made me realize Tom King was a writer to watch.
    No worries. I could have worded and clarified a bit better hah

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Question about the new editions of the New Teen Titans Omnis. My situation is that I already have the 3 original volumes. And I'm aware that volume 3 in particular has problems. How assured are we that these new editions are going to be corrective? I'm going to feel like a chump if I end up buying the first two new editions only to discover that the new volume 3 didn't fix anything. Anyone in the same boat? Are you buying the new Volume 1 next week?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Question about the new editions of the New Teen Titans Omnis. My situation is that I already have the 3 original volumes. And I'm aware that volume 3 in particular has problems. How assured are we that these new editions are going to be corrective? I'm going to feel like a chump if I end up buying the first two new editions only to discover that the new volume 3 didn't fix anything. Anyone in the same boat? Are you buying the new Volume 1 next week?
    Well the binding on v1 has to be an improvement over that previous glued brick. Worth it for that alone I'd think.

There are few rebirth books I like and want to get in collected editions
    but one of them is Green Lanterns and now having looked at the solicitations
    for November I can see D C still is unwilling to give the book a deluxe hard cover
    like they did for a few other D C books.
    Also see that Young Animals is ready to be taken back behind the shed
    as only Doom Patrol is solicited so I guess I do not need to think about getting
    any of them in trade any longer.
    Really like Deathstroke now and would like it in deluxe form...... probably will
    puzzle it together in trades some day.
    Plan on getting New Teen Titans omnibus vol.1 when it becomes available
    very few D C trades I want featuring material from the 80's

Fantastic Member

Another month, another round of solicitations, another batch of HCs:

ABSOLUTE PREACHER VOL. 3 HC
    Written by GARTH ENNIS
    Art by STEVE DILLON and JOHN McCREA
    Cover by GLENN FABRY
    In these tales from issues #41-66 and PREACHER SPECIAL: TALL IN THE SADDLE #1, Jesse Custer’s dark journey to find God takes a detour as he becomes the sheriff of a troubled Texas town. Then, Custer decides it’s high time to renew his quest to find God and hold Him accountable for his actions. As the series winds up, Jesse makes amends with Tulip, then seeks revenge against his former friend Cassidy for the things the Irish vampire did to her when they both believed the Preacher to be dead.
    Advance solicited • On sale APRIL 25 • 736 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $150.00 US • MATURE READERS

ASTRO CITY: ORDINARY HEROES HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK
    Art by RON RANDALL, CARMEN CARNERO, MATTHEW CLARK RICK LEONARDI and SEAN PARSONS
    New cover by ALEX ROSS
    This collection spotlights three generations of Jack-in-the-Box as the second Jack-in-the-Box’s son must decide whether to follow in the family footsteps. Then, when the Hanged Man needs a lawyer, it’s a look back in at Marta Dobrescu and her life in Astro City’s occult enclave. Plus, the villain known as Mister Manta disappeared many years ago, marooned on an island with only his gadgets for company. Will an off-course cruise ship be his return ticket to the mainland? And finally, a tale of murder, mystery…and a cat.
    Collects ASTRO CITY #35-36, #39-40 and #42 and #44.
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 192 pg, FC, $24.99 US

DC UNIVERSE BY JOHN BYRNE HC
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, CARY BATES, LARRY NIVEN, MARV WOLFMAN, PAUL KUPPERBERG and others
    Art by JOHN BYRNE, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER and others
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Legendary writer/artist John Byrne brought his unique vision to the DC Universe over his decades-long career. Rediscover his classic stories from BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #2, CHRISTMAS WITH THE SUPER HEROES #2, DC COMICS PRESENTS: HAWKMAN #1, DCU INFINITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1, THE FLASH 80-PAGE GIANT #1, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #3, GREEN LANTERN: GANTHET’S TALE #1, NEW TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2, OUTSIDERS #11, THE POWER OF THE ATOM #6, SECRET ORIGINS ANNUAL #1 and more!
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 352 pg, FC, $39.99 US

GREEN LANTERN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by GARDNER FOX, JOHN BROOME, MIKE FRIEDRICH and DENNIS O’NEIL
    Art by GIL KANE, SID GREENE, JACK SPARLING, MIKE SEKOWSKY, DICK DILLIN and others
    Cover by TBD
    The second half of Hal Jordan’s 1960s adventures are collected in a new hard-cover collecting GREEN LANTERN #36-75, including his epic battles with Sinestro, Evil Star, Black Hand, Star Sapphire, Major Disaster, Dr. Polaris and more! Plus, the secret origin of the Guardians of the Universe and appearances by the Golden Age Green Lantern, Zatanna and more!
    On sale MARCH 28 • 992 pg, FC, $125.00 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by LEN WEIN, CARY BATES, ELLIOT S. MAGGIN, MARTIN PASKO, GERRY CONWAY, E. NELSON BRIDWELL, STEVE ENGLEHART and BOB ROZAKIS
    Art by DICK DILLIN, DICK GIORDANO and FRANK McLAUGHLIN
    Cover by ERNIE CHUA
    In these 1970s tales, the JLA must stop a plague from devastating Hawkman’s homeworld of Thanagar, aid their ally Adam Strange on the planet Rann, face the Justice Society of America from the parallel world of Earth-2, and battle their longtime foe Despero.
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #114-146.
    On sale MARCH 14 • 776 pg, FC, $125.00 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE/POWER RANGERS HC
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by STEPHEN BYRNE
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    Something terrible has happened in Angel Grove! When the Command Center is breached and the teleporters are damaged, Zack is flung into another universe, where he’s mistaken for a villain by a mysterious masked vigilante. Can the other Power Rangers get to their friend in time to save him from Batman?
    Collects Justice League/Power Rangers #1-6. Co-published with BOOM! Studios.
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 160 pg, FC, $24.99 US

KAMANDI BY JACK KIRBY OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JACK KIRBY, GERRY CONWAY and PAUL LEVITZ
    Art by JACK KIRBY, MIKE ROYER and D. BRUCE BERRY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY and MIKE ROYER
    One of Jack Kirby’s greatest epics of the 1970s is collected at last in a single hard-cover volume. These are the stories that introduced the postapocalyptic world of the Great Disaster and Kamandi, the last boy on Earth, along with his friends Prince Tuftan, Doctor Canus, Flower, Ben Boxer and more!
    Collects KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH #1-40!
    On sale MARCH 7 • 880 pg, FC, $125.00 US

SHAZAM!: THE NEW BEGINNING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by ROY THOMAS and DANN THOMAS
    Art by TOM MANDRAKE, JAN DUURSEMA, RICK STASI and RICK MAGYAR
    Cover by TOM MANDRAKE
    Following CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, Billy Batson returns in a story that begins with a new retelling of his origin! Then, Dr. Sivana brings Black Adam back to our reality to destroy Shazam—but how can a new hero defeat one with identical powers and 5,000 years experience wielding them? Plus, Billy Batson witnesses the creation of Captain Nazi!
    Collects SHAZAM!: THE NEW BEGINNING #1-4 plus stories from ACTION COMICS WEEKLY #623-626!
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 128 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $34.99 US

THE NEW TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN and GEORGE PEREZ
    Art by GEORGE PEREZ, DICK GIORDANO and others
    Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    From the retirement of Robin and Kid Flash, to the birth of Nightwing and the introduction of Jericho, to the ultimate betrayal of a Titan—“The Judas Contract” kept readers positively riveted during its initial run and still has fans talking today. Now, for the first time, this classic adventure is collected as a deluxe edition hardcover for the first time!
    On sale JANUARY 31 • 200 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US

TRINITY VOL. 2: DEAD SPACE HC
    Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and CULLEN BUNN
    Art by FRANCIS MANAPUL, CLAY MANN, MIGUEL MENDONÇA, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY
    Cover by CLAY MANN
    In these stories from issues #7-11, an unholy alliance is formed as Ra’s al Ghul meets sorceress Circe. Then, the Trinity is trapped in the Justice League Watchtower, and there’s a traitor in their midst! No one is what they seem as our heroes fight back against their own home turf!
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 128 pg, FC, $22.99 US

THE UNWRITTEN: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC
    Written by MIKE CAREY
    Art by PETER GROSS, RYAN KELLY, VINCE LOCKE and AL DAVISON
    Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU
    When an enormous scandal reveals that he might really be a boy wizard made flesh, Tom Taylor comes into contact with a very mysterious, very deadly group that has secretly kept tabs on him all his life. To protect his own life and discover the truth behind his origins, Tom traverses a series of locations that have been featured on a very special map.
    Collects THE UNWRITTEN #13-24.
    On sale DECEMBER 27 • 296 pg, FC, • 7.0625” x 10.875” • $34.99 US • MATURE READERS

Fantastic Member

You can also check out these fat TPBs:

BATMAN IN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: THE BRONZE AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by BOB HANEY
    Art by ROSS ANDRU, MIKE SEKOWSKY, BOB BROWN, NEAL ADAMS, NICK CARDY and others
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    The Dark Knight takes on crime with the help of DC’s greatest heroes in this new collection of team-up tales from the late 1960s, including appearances by the Metal Men, the Spectre, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Deadman, the Atom, Wonder Woman, the Creeper, the Flash, Aquaman, the Teen Titans and more!
    Collects THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #74-91.
    On sale DECEMBER 27 • 456 pg, FC, $34.99 US

THE BATMAN AND ROBIN ADVENTURES VOL. 2 TP
    Written by TY TEMPLETON and PAUL DINI
    Art by DEV MADAN, RICK BURCHETT, BRANDON KRUSE, JOE STATON, MIKE PAROBEK and others
    Cover by TY TEMPLETON and RICK BURCHETT
    Gotham City’s greatest evildoers are here to terrorize the city, but they’ll have to get through the Dynamic Duo first! This collection includes all-ages stories featuring the Scarecrow, Catwoman, Riddler, Bane and, of course, The Joker!
    Collects BATMAN and ROBIN ADVENTURES #11-18 and BATMAN & ROBIN ADVENTURES ANNUAL #1.
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 232 pg, FC, $19.99 US

JSA BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK ONE TP
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS, DAVID GOYER and others
    Art by STEPHEN SADOWSKI, MICHAEL BAIR and others
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    Mixing heroes such as Green Lantern, The Flash and Wildcat with a younger generation of crime-fighters like Starman, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Atom Smasher and the Star-Spangled Kid, Geoff Johns reimagined the world’s first super-team in these tales from JSA #1-15 and JSA: SECRET FILES #1! The adventure begins as the team battles Mordru to protect the magical heroes of the DC Universe!
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 392 pg, FC, $34.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD TP
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, ROB WILLIAMS and TIM SEELEY
    Art by JASON FABOK, RILEY ROSSMO, TONY S. DANIEL, JESUS MERINO, FERNANDO PASARIN, ROBSON ROCHA, HOWARD PORTER, GIUSEPPE CAFARO, CHRISTIAN DUCE and others
    Cover by JASON FABOK
    JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD is here in this title collecting stories from JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD #1-6, SUICIDE SQUAD #8-10 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #12-13. The Justice League has discovered the existence of the Suicide Squad, and the World’s Greatest Heroes can’t let that stand! But Amanda Waller and Task Force X won’t go down without a fight!
    On sale DECEMBER 20 • 336 pg, FC, $24.99 US

ROBIN VOL. 5 TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON
    Art by MIKE WIERINGO, STAN WOCH, AARON LOPRESTI and others
    Cover by TOM GRUMMETT and RAY KRYSSING
    In these tales from ROBIN #14-22 and ROBIN ANNUAL #3, Tim Drake takes on the mantle of the new Boy Wonder! These tales include appearances by Catwoman, Green Arrow and Spoiler, plus ninjas galore! Also includes the “Contagion” and “Legacy” crossovers.
    On sale DECEMBER 27 • 280 pg, FC, $24.99 US

SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 7: THE DRAGON’S HOARD TP
    Written by JOHN OSTRANDER and KIM YALE
    Art by LUKE McDONNELL, GEOF ISHERWOOD and others
    Cover by GEOF ISHERWOOD and KARL KESEL
    Amanda Waller puts together a special team that includes Suicide Squad founding members Nemesis, Nightshade, Bronze Tiger and Deadshot for a personal mission to preserve the legacy of Rick Flag! Who will make it out alive?
    SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 7 collects issues #50-58 of the classic series.
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES VOL. 4 TP
    Written by MARK MILLAR and DAVID MICHELINIE
    Art by ALUIR AMANCIO, TERRY AUSTIN, MIKE MANLEY and NEIL VOKES
    Cover by MIKE MANLEY and TERRY AUSTIN
    Spinning off of the classic TV show Superman: The Animated Series, the Man of Steel’s all-ages exploits continue!
    Collects SUPERMAN ADVENTURES #26-35, guest-starring Lex Luthor, Lobo, Kalibak, Doctor Fate and more!
    On sale DECEMBER 27 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US

SUPERMAN/BATMAN VOL. 6 TP
    Written by JOE CASEY, PAUL LEVITZ and others
    Art by SCOTT KOLINS, JASON FABOK, JERRY ORDWAY and others
    Cover by FABRIZIO FIORENTINO
    The adventures of DC’s greatest heroes continues in tales from Superman/Batman #64-75 and Superman/Batman Annual #4. Batman and Superman investigate a Kryptonian ship floating in space, and Scarecrow subjects Superman, Batman, the Joker and Lex Luthor to his fear gas. Plus, appearances by Man-Bat, Solomon Grundy and Lois Lane, and a trip to the Fortress of Solitude.
    On sale DECEMBER 20 • 368 pg, FC, $29.99 US

TEEN TITANS: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by BOB HANEY
    Art by BRUNO PREMIANI, NICK CARDY, BILL MOLNO, IRV NOVICK and others
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    DC’s premier teen team unites in these early stories from THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 and 60, SHOWCASE #59 and TEEN TITANS #1-11, in which the team face the Demon Dragster, the Mad Mod, Captain Rumble and many other far-out foes.
    On sale DECEMBER 20 • 360 pg, FC, $29.99 US

THE NEW TEEN TITANS VOL. 8 TP
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN and GEORGE PEREZ
    Art by GEORGE PEREZ, EDUARDO BARRETO, RICH BUCKLER, RON RANDALL and others
    Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    While the team battles Dr. Light in Central City, Donna Troy prepares for her wedding! Then, the government tries to get the team to turn Jericho over for questioning, and Deathstroke goes on trial for the death of Tara! Plus, the Fearsome Five attacks S.T.A.R. Labs, and Cyborg considers becoming fully human again!
    Collects TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS #49-58.
    On sale DECEMBER 20 • 264 pg, FC, $19.99 US

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Well a big F#@! you to whoever decided to push back the Kamandi-bus just to almost double the price. Now I'll just wait and buy it secondhand so you get nothing for it.
    Cyclops was right