View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 949 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4498498999399459469479489499509519529539599991049 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,235 of 21672
    All-New Member

I would also love to see a new omnibus format of all Golden Age Spectre, Dr. Fate, Sandman, Green Lantern, and the Flash

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    I bit the bullet and decided to get it as well, not a bad price, plus let's hope it is chronological, that third volume is just plain weird if you're trying to follow a story straight through.
    Definitely. And judging by the solicits for the second volume, it will be collected in release order and not jump around(as the new volume 2 contains the issue the old volume 2 skipped).

We'll see though

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Question for everyone, would you rather DC released the Golden Age Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman volumes as they have at the rate of two a year, or release a volume of golden age, a volume of silver age, and a volume of bronze age of those characters each year?
    I wouldn't buy any Silver Age volumes unless they were heavily, heavily discounted (like the infamous Amazon deal on SA Supergirl volume 1), but I'd probably buy Bronze Age volumes of those three characters. And continue buying all of the Golden Age ones, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Out of curiosity, not being super familiar with the material - how many (super approximate numbers, here) of Batman, Superman, and WW would there be to conclude the GA run and start up with Silver Age?
    All three books have 2 series folded into them, so it's going to be a slog. Plus I'm not sure exactly when they (DC) would have the cutoff be from GA to SA. Are we talking GA Superman or Batman going up to volume 10? Or only 7? WW has less issues I believe even between Sensation and WW proper, but still, that's a lot of volumes to go through.
    Yeah, there'd be a lot. The All-Star Companion volume 4 says that, between Action Comics #1 in 1938 and All-Star Comics #57 in 1951 (the official end of the Golden Age), Superman appeared in 276 individual stories. Batman had 265, Wonder Woman 179, Flash 170, and Green Lantern 157. (After that it's Hawkman with 108, Johnny Thunder 97, Wildcat 93, Dr. Mid-Nite 81, Sandman 74, The Atom 71, Mister Terrific 63, The Spectre 52, Doctor Fate 43, Starman 42, Red Tornado 40, Hour-Man 39, and Black Canary 19.)

And that's not even really the end of Superman's Golden Age, since most comic historians consider his Silver Age to start with 1958's Action Comics #241. Batman's Silver Age is hard to pinpoint (it's not 'Tec #327, when the yellow oval first debuted, because he'd already been a member of the Justice League for 4 years at that point), but it's sometime in the mid- to late '50s. And Wonder Woman's first Silver Age issue was Wonder Woman #98 in 1958.

Meanwhile, the four GA Superman omnis take us from 1938 to summer 1945. That's about seven years, so to get to 1958? You're looking at another eight volumes, theoretically. (And that's a conservative estimate -- due to wartime paper shortages, after WWII many comics shifted from quarterly to bimonthly, or even monthly.) Roughly the same for Batman (assuming they don't include Robin's solo stories from Star-Spangled Comics), and about two-thirds that number for Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 08-30-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Does anybody know of the release date for the Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe? Amazon has it as being published 29/8/17 but out of stock, whilst Speedy Hen emailed me to say that it isn't being published until January 2018. Confused I can't really find a straight answer, but my searches seem to be coming up with 27/8/17...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Does anybody know of the release date for the Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe? Amazon has it as being published 29/8/17 but out of stock, whilst Speedy Hen emailed me to say that it isn't being published until January 2018. Confused I can't really find a straight answer, but my searches seem to be coming up with 27/8/17...
    I can't find anything. I think I remember something about it being axed completely.

No!!!!! I need more Aquaman
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    No!!!!! I need more Aquaman
    Tell me about it. I really need to catch up on Aquaman. That and Green Lanterns. I wore an Aquaman shirt the other day and I got a few compliments. Glad to see his status as a character is growing

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Aquaman, GL, and GA all got their deluxes cancelled. Which is ridiculous considering how much hype they have, abd the cross media tie ins they provide.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Aquaman, GL, and GA all got their deluxes cancelled. Which is ridiculous considering how much hype they have, abd the cross media tie ins they provide.
    Yeah, it's a real shame.

I mean, part of me is just happy we're getting a bunch of ongoing OHCs from DC, since that would have been unheard of even a year or two ago, but it is really unfortunate that THOSE three, which have all received a lot of acclaim (especially GA) haven't even had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Yeah, it's a real shame.

I mean, part of me is just happy we're getting a bunch of ongoing OHCs from DC, since that would have been unheard of even a year or two ago, but it is really unfortunate that THOSE three, which have all received a lot of acclaim (especially GA) haven't even had a chance.
    Any chance they will get a release?

I think the deluxe editions are aimed for the causal comic fan of television and movies that like to read the
    stories in book form because that is usually the way they find them in book stores or on-line.
    I would appreciate a few deluxe Christopher Priest rebirth Deathstroke deluxe books and a few Green Lanterns
    rebirth books. But until things change I will content my self with the many other books they (and other publishers)
    have solicited for the up coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Any chance they will get a release?
    Yeah, there's always a chance. This is a very new initiative for DC, so it will be interesting to see how they proceed as more series start getting them (beyond the ones already solicited).

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Yeah, there's always a chance. This is a very new initiative for DC, so it will be interesting to see how they proceed as more series start getting them (beyond the ones already solicited).
    Thats true. I remember when they released the Batgirl of Burnside in both HC and TPB at the same time. I guess nothing really became of that. Either Way, I'm glad they experiment.

Incredible Member

Brandonfj72 over on the MMW board just posted the following about the new edition of New Teen Titans Omnibus 1, if the images dont work heres a link to his post https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...0.html#p997732

It contains:
    Forward by Marv Wolfman (4 pages and new to this volume)
    DC Comics Presents 26
    New Teen Titans 1-20
    Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest #18
    Tales of the New Teen Titans #1-4
    3 pin-ups from New Teen Titans Annual #1
    4 pin-ups from the Tales of the New Teen Titans series (1 from each issue)
    Initial Teen Titans concepts and sketches (1 page - this is just some notes and a couple of sketches of Titans Tower)
    Afterword by Marv Wolfman
    The binding is an enormous improvement over the first edition. It's readable now.

Anyone hoping for any major alterations will be disappointed if the example from a couple of pages back is any indication:

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Brandonfj72 over on the MMW board just posted the following about the new edition of New Teen Titans Omnibus 1, if the images dont work heres a link to his post https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...0.html#p997732

It contains:
    Forward by Marv Wolfman (4 pages and new to this volume)
    DC Comics Presents 26
    New Teen Titans 1-20
    Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest #18
    Tales of the New Teen Titans #1-4
    3 pin-ups from New Teen Titans Annual #1
    4 pin-ups from the Tales of the New Teen Titans series (1 from each issue)
    Initial Teen Titans concepts and sketches (1 page - this is just some notes and a couple of sketches of Titans Tower)
    Afterword by Marv Wolfman
    The binding is an enormous improvement over the first edition. It's readable now.

Anyone hoping for any major alterations will be disappointed if the example from a couple of pages back is any indication:

I got my copy in yesterday. Honestly, I think the restoration looks fantastic. But if anybody is a real stickler for the way it was in the original coloring, I'm sure the pages that annoyed them in any of the previous incarnations of its restoration will still annoy them here.