View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 954 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 45485490494495095195295395495595695795896410041054 ... LastLast
Results 14,296 to 14,310 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I guess the issue would then have been double dipping - you'd have the same 6 issues in 3 deluxes - reducing the page count for other issues
    I feel like they should just release the crossovers in separate deluxe and trade books and leave them out of the main collections.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I feel like they should just release the crossovers in separate deluxe and trade books and leave them out of the main collections.
    I disagree. Now, because I am buying Nightwing Deluxe and Detective Comics Deluxe, I can read the full Night of the Monster Men crossover story with a.) no triple-dipping, and b.)not having to buy the separate collection.

In the meantime, I can just skip those two issues until I get the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    I disagree. Now, because I am buying Nightwing Deluxe and Detective Comics Deluxe, I can read the full Night of the Monster Men crossover story with a.) no triple-dipping, and b.)not having to buy the separate collection.

In the meantime, I can just skip those two issues until I get the other books.
    I dunno, that's okay too, but you're flipping between books. I like how The Button will be it's own book. 20 bucks, half off on release. That's pretty good to me.

Also, I'm not really complaining. I think these rebirth deluxes are great.

Then again, this new Batman deluxe was 16 issues for 35 MSRP, 17.5 on release which is CRAZY good. 400 pages for 35 bucks? The Elektra omnibus was 400 pages for a 100 bucks. Hell, the Johns Flash omnibus 1 was 450 pages for 75 bucks.

They're not perfect, but DC is really offering a lot of value

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Ah ..it's a good thing I waited to see what goes in these deluxe editions. I was hoping the solicit would be wrong and that night of the monster men (in its entirety ) would be in there. I'd rather they include at the very least a recap page for the missing issues or not include the story at all then this. Ah well looks like I'm going to stick to my original plan of binding the trades into custom omnibus. Funny thing I'm reading all three series involved in the crossover. I ve yet to decide if I'm gonna triple dip or just pick one of the series to have night of the monster men, (perhaps 'tec as it's sort of brought up again?) And just put recap pages in the other two.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I dunno, that's okay too, but you're flipping between books. I like how The Button will be it's own book. 20 bucks, half off on release. That's pretty good to me.

Also, I'm not really complaining. I think these rebirth deluxes are great.

Then again, this new Batman deluxe was 16 issues for 35 MSRP, 17.5 on release which is CRAZY good. 400 pages for 35 bucks? The Elektra omnibus was 400 pages for a 100 bucks. Hell, the Johns Flash omnibus 1 was 450 pages for 75 bucks.

They're not perfect, but DC is really offering a lot of value
    Yeah, in America. The rest of the world gets screwed
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

All-New Member

Which hardcover deluxe collection/publications would you guys prefer?

Option (1)

• Batman Deluxe (Batman #1-6, 9-15)
    • Nightwing Deluxe (Nightwing #1-4, 7-15)
    • Detective Comics Deluxe (Detective Comics #934-940, 943-949)
    • Night of the Monster Men Deluxe (Batman #7-8, Nightwing #5-6, Detective Comics #941-942)

Option (2)

• Batman Deluxe (Batman #1-15)
    • Nightwing Deluxe (Nightwing #1-15)
    • Detective Comics Deluxe (Detective Comics #934-949)

Option (3)

• Batman Deluxe (Batman #1-15, Nightwing #5-6, Detective Comics #941-942)
    • Nightwing Deluxe (Nightwing #1-15, Batman #7-8, Detective Comics #941-942)
    • Detective Comics Deluxe (Detective Comics #934-949, Batman #7-8, Nightwing #5-6)

Option (4) (What it seems like we're getting currently)

• Night of the Monster Men Deluxe (Batman #7-8, Nightwing #5-6, Detective Comics #941-942)

I like Option (1) for removing any double-dipped issues, but it really depends on how self-contained/interconnected the crossover story/issues are.
    Last edited by Tigertemprr; 09-08-2017 at 09:32 PM.

I want the deluxe books to be straight through runs.
    I don't want gaps in books because it contained a crossover
    that D C has released in another book.
    I don't need (for example)

Batman deluxe book 1 (1-6, 9-15)
    Batman deluxe book 2 (16-20, 23-30)
    Batman deluxe book 3 (31-38, 40-45)

I am not buying the book for "a story" I am buying
    a "run" of books in a volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertemprr View Post

Option (1)

Option (2)

Option (3)

• Detective Comics Deluxe (Detective Comics #934-949, Batman #7-8, Nightwing #5-6)

I like Option (1) for removing any double-dipped issues, but it really depends on how self-contained/interconnected the crossover story/issues are.
    I like option 1 myself. especially when series got so crossover heavy, like the Superman or GL titles. It was so confusing.

All-New Member

Option (1) definitely give you the option to choose whether or not the crossover is worth buying (you just have to hope it isn't heavily connected to the solo series issues). If I were only going to buy ONE book, then Option (3) is nice because it contains all of the solo issues and the relevant crossover (which I'll tolerate the other series to get a complete story).

It's a tricky situation: trying to accommodate many reading/collecting preferences with ONE collection. I can't think of a perfect way to do it without heavily double-dipping or just buying single issues. Crossovers complicate things, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertemprr View Post

Option (1)

Option (2)

Option (3)

Option 4. That way I can decide whether I want to read the story over the three mainline deluxe editions, or buy the collection separately (which, of course, I would just read it in the mainline deluxe editions).

BTW, the ACTUAL Night of the Monster Men hardcover is standard size, not deluxe. So it's not quite the same there. Right now, the Batman, Nightwing, and 'Tec Deluxes are the only way to get the crossover in oversized format.

It is amazing how much came out of that 1940 Batman #1 issue

Incredible Member

I prefer option 4. Maintain a consistent approach. Its a Batman book so keep it Batman books. I have no issue with it. Personally, i do not like cross over stories too much where you NEED other books to enjoy the book you are reading. They should really limit them. I don't buy single issues monthly these days but it used to be annoying when I was younger to collect a particular series and than get into those 4 series cross over events. It just seems a way to prop up sales of lesser selling books.

I think just in general crossovers scare away more readers than make existing ones buy more books. Especially people who come because of the movies but get lost in 3 seconds with all the crossover shenanigans and just give up and don't buy and read anything. The structure of superhero comics is its own worst enemy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I want the deluxe books to be straight through runs.
    I don't want gaps in books because it contained a crossover
    that D C has released in another book.
    I don't need (for example)

Batman deluxe book 1 (1-6, 9-15)
    Batman deluxe book 2 (16-20, 23-30)
    Batman deluxe book 3 (31-38, 40-45)

I am not buying the book for "a story" I am buying
    a "run" of books in a volume.
    Agreed, all it need is one page of text to fill in the reader about what happened in any crossover issues not included (e.g the Nightwing crossover issues)

I'm almost done with John's Aquaman run. How is Aquaman immediately after John's left?