View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 955 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595195295395495595695795895996510051055 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I'm almost done with John's Aquaman run. How is Aquaman immediately after John's left?
    Its pretty good. I enjoyed it. Jeff Parker is a solid writer. The art isn't the best, but its good story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Its pretty good. I enjoyed it. Jeff Parker is a solid writer. The art isn't the best, but its good story telling.
    I remember some of Parker's work on Hulk/Red Hulk and thought it was pretty good. I didn't realize he took over after Johns. I might check that out.

This is going to be harsh ... so skip if you don't want serious negativity. Ha ha.

I finally gave up on the Harley Quinn omnibus by Conner and Palmiotti after about 12 issues through (which is almost half the book).

It's utter garbage. This run has absolutely no soul; it's one of the most shallow series I've ever read. Hell, it's not even a fun read. I mean, if you're going to put out a book with no depth, at least make it entertaining - make it funny.

The authors poorly attempt a gag-a-panel run with cliche humor, lame fart jokes and poor sexual innuendoes. The issue I finally quit on spent about 6 pages with Harley and a group of girls in the ocean pretending to be sharks and biting each other on the asses. Seriously . . . that was it. "I'm a shark." Bite. "Ha ha, no, I don't like sharks." "Oooh, I'm scared!" Bite.

Good, God! How does this run even sell????

The most potentially promising part of this series was a couple of the back-up characters - a old man/former spy and a circus midget who helps out Harley. And, the writers couldn't even develop those two. There was just no heart. An example of where it was good - think back to Ennis' Punisher and Frank's Return when he was living in the run down motel. You had the nervous girl, the heavy set guy and Spacker Dave! That's how you do it.

I've never been big on Palmiotti and this seals it for me. This was my first go around with Conner, but I won't pick up any of her work, either.

Here's hoping the book sells out and I can recoup my money.

That said, I started the Darth Vader omnibus. Real writing, real entertainment. The book captures the magic of the characters and introduces new and interesting secondary characters.

It's too bad Harley Quinn couldn't do that. In fact, it's absolutely sad that the character in the movie is better than the one in the comic. It's usually the other way around and a complete failure of the authors' attempt at storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This is going to be harsh ... so skip if you don't want serious negativity. Ha ha.

I finally gave up on the Harley Quinn omnibus by Conner and Palmiotti after about 12 issues through (which is almost half the book).

It's utter garbage. This run has absolutely no soul; it's one of the most shallow series I've ever read. Hell, it's not even a fun read. I mean, if you're going to put out a book with no depth, at least make it entertaining - make it funny.

The authors poorly attempt a gag-a-panel run with cliche humor, lame fart jokes and poor sexual innuendoes. The issue I finally quit on spent about 6 pages with Harley and a group of girls in the ocean pretending to be sharks and biting each other on the asses. Seriously . . . that was it. "I'm a shark." Bite. "Ha ha, no, I don't like sharks." "Oooh, I'm scared!" Bite.

The most potentially promising part of this series was a couple of the back-up characters - a old man/former spy and a circus midget who helps out Harley. And, the writers couldn't even develop those two. There was just no heart. An example of where it was good - think back to Ennis' Punisher and Frank's Return when he was living in the run down motel. You had the nervous girl, the heavy set guy and Spacker Dave! That's how you do it.

I've never been big on Palmiotti and this seals it for me. This was my first go around with Conner, but I won't pick up any of her work, either.

That said, I started the Darth Vader omnibus. Real writing, real entertainment. The book captures the magic of the characters and introduces new and interesting secondary characters.

It's too bad Harley Quinn couldn't do that. In fact, it's absolutely sad that the character in the movie is better than the one in the comic. It's usually the other way around and a complete failure of the authors' attempt at storytelling.
    I started a thread over at MMW forum asking about the Harley Quinn Deluxe HC Book 1 that was also released. Wanted some details on it and how many books it might take to release.
    I got that part answered but crickets on whether it was a good series or not. So decided not to order it.
    I'm also not/wasn't really interested in a big Omni full of Harley so I passed on it as well. She's not a favorite, she's annoying, but for where I want to read just about her but she's fine in Suicide Squad stories.
    I just mainly like the "Good Guys" books. Except for Suicide Squad and Catwoman. Everything else is all truth, justice, and the American Way for me.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

This is really disappointing to hear. I *like* both Palmiotti and Conner, but if there's no substance in the writing or depth in the characters, there's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I started a thread over at MMW forum asking about the Harley Quinn Deluxe HC Book 1 that was also released. Wanted some details on it and how many books it might take to release.
    I got that part answered but crickets on whether it was a good series or not. So decided not to order it.
    I'm also not/wasn't really interested in a big Omni full of Harley so I passed on it as well. She's not a favorite, she's annoying, but for where I want to read just about her but she's fine in Suicide Squad stories.
    I just mainly like the "Good Guys" books. Except for Suicide Squad and Catwoman. Everything else is all truth, justice, and the American Way for me.
    I didn't really have a lot of experience with Quinn. Maybe an appearance or two in a Batman title and the SS movie. If done right, villain books can be great. Some years back before Action Comics hit # 1,000, Cornell (sp?) wrote a great Lex Luthor run in the title. Also, as I previously mentioned, the Darth Vader series is amazing. Slott's Superior Spider-Man was another although it was probably less villain-y and slightly more heroic, albeit with a bad guy in the lead.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I skipped the Harley Omni as I spot read some issues on the shelf and found it horrid. When I would spot read it I thought it obvious someone had given them full blown authority to "Deadpool-ize" Harley as best they could.
    I miss the real Harley before she became some overtly sexualized soulless dark mirror version of herself.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I liked Conner on Power Girl and Palmiotti on Jonah Hex, I think both titles were great but I never had any hopes for a HArley run with the current hype about her.
    Btw if you really want to hate anything HQ related watch the new Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie. I paid to see that in the cinema for some reason and it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made regarding the movies (right up there with Power Rangers and Alien Covenant).

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I'm almost done with John's Aquaman run. How is Aquaman immediately after John's left?
    Parker's run is actually better than Johns'. Amazing stuff.

I don't like Conner's art, I can take an issue or two of Harley Quinn but soon after the "trying" too hard to be funny and independent humor loses me.
    I have read a few books with Harley with better art (for my tastes) and the experience is better...... good enough to over come the writing.
    Now.......... onto Darth Vader.............. is there any one who does not voice Darth Vader with James Earl Jones voice?
    I read many comics and most always just read each characters lines with my own voice, but when ever I read anything with Darth Vader,
    I have too always voice Vader with an imaginary James Earl Jones voice

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I liked Conner on Power Girl and Palmiotti on Jonah Hex, I think both titles were great but I never had any hopes for a HArley run with the current hype about her.
    Btw if you really want to hate anything HQ related watch the new Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie. I paid to see that in the cinema for some reason and it was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made regarding the movies (right up there with Power Rangers and Alien Covenant).
    Ha ha, I'll go ahead and skip it. I am a sucker for Alien movies, tho, so I didn't think Covenant was "that" bad. Ha ha. Now...Prometheus... Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't like Conner's art, I can take an issue or two of Harley Quinn but soon after the "trying" too hard to be funny and independent humor loses me.
    I have read a few books with Harley with better art (for my tastes) and the experience is better...... good enough to over come the writing.
    Now.......... onto Darth Vader.............. is there any one who does not voice Darth Vader with James Earl Jones voice?
    I read many comics and most always just read each characters lines with my own voice, but when ever I read anything with Darth Vader,
    I have too always voice Vader with an imaginary James Earl Jones voice

Whenever I read the DV series I picture his voice and - no pun intended - but the series captures his voice and attitude.

I found Pelletier's art underrated. I mean he's not Ivan reis but who is, and PP is pretty good. I remember his art from the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk era of the Hulk book.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah. I meant to warn you away from that one, but real life got in the way. Sorry.
    Cyclops was right

Amazing Member

It's basically the equivalent to Daniel Way's Deadpool, but somehow worse.

I read the first few issues in singles and that was all I wanted, so at least you soldiered on further than I could. I think Mad Love is the only Harley thing I've read that I actually enjoyed. It's Harley the way she was originally meant to be, not the full on video game slut they decided to turn her into.