View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 957 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 45785790794795395495595695795895996096196710071057 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,355 of 21672
    All-New Member

Hi, guys!

Somebody know how many pages has the first hardcover volume of All-Star Batman? Good Reads says 192, Comixology says 190 and Amazon says 160.

Thanks!
    Last edited by earbudds; 09-14-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Looking ahead to October I'm going to have to postpone some purchases it looks like. I'd wager I'm not alone.

Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omni
    JL: Darkseid War
    JLI Omni
    WWHulk Omni
    Thor Heroes Return Omni
    Mighty Thor vol.3 Silver Age
    Master of Kung-Fu Shang-Chi vol.4
    Hellboy in Hell LE
    Transformers vol.6 OHC
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

October is going to be hard on a lot of us - they were also talking about it on the Facebook page. I've got a bunch of books planned to order.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omni is the only one I will get ASAP. So excited for that. Great job by DC. About time.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    October is going to be hard on a lot of us - they were also talking about it on the Facebook page. I've got a bunch of books planned to order.
    Amen my brother.

-Sooo many Vertigo books
    -Sooo many corners of DC that I want to dive into
    -Finally diving into the other trinity members as well as some JLA members and JLA as a whole

My poor wallet.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I got the akira Box set preordered, it's chep for what it is but that's still 95 quid disappearing in one go.
    Thank the gods that I'll get my holiday pay at the end of the month and November is a 3 payday month (I get paid every 2 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I got the akira Box set preordered, it's chep for what it is but that's still 95 quid disappearing in one go.
    Thank the gods that I'll get my holiday pay at the end of the month and November is a 3 payday month (I get paid every 2 weeks).
    I pre-ordered that on amazon for like 100 dollars cannot wait 2,500+ pages and I think it is like 5 HC volumes great deal for it all. Really wish marvel's boxsets would be more in this range and actually be a great deal for a long story.

I look forward to the JLI Omni as well.
    So many good books coming out by Christmas!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Batman aficionados! Is the second volume of Brubakers run sufficient enough reading for the murderer/fugitive arcs, or do the other bat family books included in their respective collections make those worth while? I ask cause a lot of times, while relevant, those stories seem to usually be tangential at best.
    Bump. C'mon, i know somebody has these collections...

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Bump. C'mon, i know somebody has these collections...
    I would recommend getting the complete Fugitive/Murderer collections. Great run of stories by Dixon, Rucka, and Brubaker. And then Batman by Brubaker Vol 1, combined with the New Gotham trades that are being released by Rucka(Vol 1 is already out, vol 2 is forthcoming), will give you a good feeling for early 2000s Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I would recommend getting the complete Fugitive/Murderer collections. Great run of stories by Dixon, Rucka, and Brubaker. And then Batman by Brubaker Vol 1, combined with the New Gotham trades that are being released by Rucka(Vol 1 is already out, vol 2 is forthcoming), will give you a good feeling for early 2000s Batman.
    I'm interested in these. Could you give me the TPB reading order so I know which ones to purchase?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I also get paid every two weeks and our is December. The 1st, 15th and 29th respectively.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Been saving up for over a year on ST omni and the Thor omni.

I'm just looking at the first half of October and it's going to be omnibus collections for Swamp Thing, JLI, Thor - simonson and heroes return - Hulk, Absolute Authority and the Hellboy LE.

Mighty Thor vol.3 Silver Age has been my most wanted Omnibus since Vol 2 hit the stands. The only book I'm looking forward to as much is the final Invincible OHC that should be out next year to wrap up the series. I'm against 1,000 page books in general but the fact that Marvel may never do a vol 4 and that this will actually finish the Stan Lee run makes this a welcome exception. So pumped for this.