View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 958 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 45885890894895495595695795895996096196296810081058 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 21662
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I'm interested in these. Could you give me the TPB reading order so I know which ones to purchase?
    Here you go Hawkgirl (FYI These stories all take place after No Mans Land)

Batman by Brubaker vol 1 - Brubaker's Batman Run (vol 2 takes place mostly during Murderer/Fugitive)
    Batman New Gotham Vol 1 - 1st half of Rucka's Detective Comics run (vol 2 currently due out March '18)
    Bruce Wayne Murderer?
    Bruce Wayne Fugitive

So "By Brubaker" & "New Gotham" are the respective titles setting up the new post-NML status quo of Gotham before both join up for the Murderer/Fugitive story line

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I would recommend getting the complete Fugitive/Murderer collections. Great run of stories by Dixon, Rucka, and Brubaker. And then Batman by Brubaker Vol 1, combined with the New Gotham trades that are being released by Rucka(Vol 1 is already out, vol 2 is forthcoming), will give you a good feeling for early 2000s Batman.
    Agreed, Brubaker vol 2 is mainly just his Murderer/Fugitive issues so its better to get the collections for the full story and just skip this one (although annoyingly it has one non-Murderer issue which is Batman 598 dealing with the return of Santa Klaus so its a shame DC didn't include it in volume 1 instead so we could have the whole pre-Murderer run in one trade!)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I would recommend getting the complete Fugitive/Murderer collections. Great run of stories by Dixon, Rucka, and Brubaker. And then Batman by Brubaker Vol 1, combined with the New Gotham trades that are being released by Rucka(Vol 1 is already out, vol 2 is forthcoming), will give you a good feeling for early 2000s Batman.
    Thanks. Didn't even realize there were New Gotham collections in the works. I recently bought a run of catatclysm thru no mans land, so ill probably go ahead and get the contagion/legacy stuff along with the rest for a nice long run.

Incredible Member

Anyone picking up the new Batman: Year One deluxe? I'm interested to see some pics/reviews before I decide if it's worth the upgrade. I've got the old standard size HC, with the half-dust jacket.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Anyone picking up the new Batman: Year One deluxe? I'm interested to see some pics/reviews before I decide if it's worth the upgrade. I've got the old standard size HC, with the half-dust jacket.
    I got it the other week. It's sewn, has a glossy cover, haven't really flipped thru it yet. I can take some pics in the morning if someone doesn't before then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I got it the other week. It's sewn, has a glossy cover, haven't really flipped thru it yet. I can take some pics in the morning if someone doesn't before then
    That would be awesome, cheers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/gPOET

Seems to be about 25-30 pages of various extras. Not sure if any of it is new or not

After seeing this, I just briefly flipped through the deluxe copy I have and it appears to have about 40 pages or so of extras - mostly sketches and short comics. Other than the different picture on the dust jacket and the cover (mine is just black) is there any difference? Did the copy I have go out of print or did DC just decide to do another edition and/or "upgrade"?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    After seeing this, I just briefly flipped through the deluxe copy I have and it appears to have about 40 pages or so of extras - mostly sketches and short comics. Other than the different picture on the dust jacket and the cover (mine is just black) is there any difference? Did the copy I have go out of print or did DC just decide to do another edition and/or "upgrade"?
    Yeah the old one is pretty long out of print, I believe. That was probably the biggest factor.

I picked up the Legion of Superheroes Omnibus, didn't have it in me to wait for them to break it up into digital trades. It's a fantastic book, I know SA isn't everyone's cup of tea but they did a really great job of getting all the formative issues from various series. Can't wait for vol 2 and the start of Jim Schooter's run.

This book is great for people like me who avoid the larger omnibus's, Size and price point is fantastic.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I picked up the Legion of Superheroes Omnibus, didn't have it in me to wait for them to break it up into digital trades. It's a fantastic book, I know SA isn't everyone's cup of tea but they did a really great job of getting all the formative issues from various series. Can't wait for vol 2 and the start of Jim Schooter's run.

This book is great for people like me who avoid the larger omnibus's, Size and price point is fantastic.
    I've been diggin' all of the older series omnibi, Legion is fun, one that is large and fun is Doom Patrol.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Just when I was getting to the point of thinking DC was finally picking up it's OHC game, they go and piss me off in a whole other way.

So, in their wisdom, they have decided to rip The Button out of the Batman and Flash deluxes v2 and put it out in it's own OHC. The OHC is going to have a cool lenticular cover, so at least that's gimmicky and fun.

No, that's only the US.

Everyone else gets an International version with no lenticular cover.

Thanks DC, so glad you think that much of your international customers.

You massive dicks.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 09-16-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wow, that is terrible. I wonder why they are doing that?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Just when I was getting to the point of thinking DC was finally picking up it's OHC game, they go and piss me off in a whole other way.

So, in their wisdom, they have decided to rip The Button out of the Batman and Flash deluxes v2 and put it out in it's own OHC. The OHC is going to have a cool lenticular cover, so at least that's gimmicky and fun.

No, that's only the US.

Everyone else gets an International version with no lenticular cover.

Thanks DC, so glad you think that much of your international customers.

You massive dicks.
    Shame the international shipping was so expensive

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I understand there is some copyright on the Smiley face image, but then why not pick a different lenticular cover? Or just pay the fee to use the image.

I fully admit that this is a silly issue to be annoyed by, but it's frustrating
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God