View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 961 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 46186191195195795895996096196296396496597110111061 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,415 of 21672
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really would like to see DC revive this (instead of Omnibus only): SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW BOOK ONE

DC still has solicit up: (Sad!)
    http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...orrow-book-one

Amazon says it is coming in 2035, so that's good:
    https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Man-...8752457ad5397b
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-19-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Torn on if I should grab the Darkseid War omnibus probably will end up grabbing it so when they start doing omnibuses for the run it will already be in place. Find it odd it is getting an Absolute of the first story before an omnibus, but I assume it is due to Jim Lee on art.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Am I imagining things, or did the Superman: Exile omni jump from $100 to $125?
    Btw, is this material hard to come by? I'm trying to figure out why it's retailed at $125 when there is less than 1000 pages. I'm not familiar with these issues as I'd checked out of buying comics by the mid/late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I really would like to see DC revive this (instead of Omnibus only): SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW BOOK ONE

HAHAHA!!!!! I'll be close to retirement age around then.

Although, I do have to chuckle to myself at collecting these Batman, Superman, and WW Golden Age Omnis and releasing them twice a year.
    If they keep it up thru Silver and Bronze age, it will probably be around that time before they finally all get released if they keep the lines going!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    Action Comics #642 was the last weekly issue, and it was a full-length Green Lantern story by Elliot S. Maggin. Superman was just a guest star in it.
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. So maybe we'll see it in an upcoming Green Lantern corps trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Torn on if I should grab the Darkseid War omnibus probably will end up grabbing it so when they start doing omnibuses for the run it will already be in place. Find it odd it is getting an Absolute of the first story before an omnibus, but I assume it is due to Jim Lee on art.
    That's how I was. I'm just gonna get it and hope we get a Johns JL origin omnibus and a Forever Evil omnibus that collects the rest of his JL run

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about buying this material in HC originally, and would have waited for the eventual trade. But I feel like I have to support it if we want additional collections, so I'll be shelling out the dough for this (overpriced) omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Btw, is this material hard to come by? I'm trying to figure out why it's retailed at $125 when there is less than 1000 pages. I'm not familiar with these issues as I'd checked out of buying comics by the mid/late 80s.
    I still see most of these issues in bargain bins at conventions on a regular basis; not sure if that's the case everywhere or just my area. As for why they're charging so much? Because they can. DC's collections were always a great deal - even before preorder discounts - compared to Marvel's outrageous prices. But seeing as Marvel continues to be #1, I'm sure DC figures "Why not??"
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Is the Batman Master Race hardcover that dropped today Deluxe/oversized?

Incredible Member

The fact they still haven't released Deluxes or Omni's of the Snyder Batman or Johns JL runs are ridiculous. I fully expect them to recollect the Darkseid War in the Johns JL Omnis whenever they come around.

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Standard sized.

Quote Originally Posted by abilashsaliba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Standard sized.
    Wow, DC can't even get that right. I'm going to guess that at some point - probably a year or so from now - this will be released in an Absolute edition.

Of course I say this and I'm still waiting on DC to release the latest Gaiman Sandman in Absolute. But . . . ya just know it's coming at some point.

DC knows exactly that they are doing by not releasing it as a deluxe first. Anything Miller gets released in as many formats as possible, because people buy them over and over. They also may be wanting those people who bought the individual deluxe issues to feel like they didn't throw their money in a toilet, at least for a little longer.

Being a business, I can't fault them for recognizing comic fans are, for whatever reason, willing to pay for modern Frank Miller stories multiple times. A cynic might even say it's the price these fans must pay for having questionable taste! (He said, tongue planted firmly in cheek.)

So I'm going to Baltimore Comic Con this weekend, planing getting a bunch of signatures and whatnot. Dan DiDio will be there. Anything you guys want me to ask him?

What I'll be asking:

Waid Flash omnibus?
    Why were the Sandman Mystery Theatre trades cancelled?
    Where's the rest of Johns JL in omnibus books?
    Absolute Transmet 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    DC knows exactly that they are doing by not releasing it as a deluxe first. Anything Miller gets released in as many formats as possible, because people buy them over and over. They also may be wanting those people who bought the individual deluxe issues to feel like they didn't throw their money in a toilet, at least for a little longer.

Being a business, I can't fault them for recognizing comic fans are, for whatever reason, willing to pay for modern Frank Miller stories multiple times. A cynic might even say it's the price these fans must pay for having questionable taste! (He said, tongue planted firmly in cheek.)
    Yes I thought about this later after I posted and I agree. I've made similar comments about Sandman and all the various incarnations they've gone thru. Heck, I think they might have been the first "annotated" editions DC did.

I still think we see an Absolute DK3 sooner rather than later, which would probably be followed by a deluxe. That's my guess anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So I'm going to Baltimore Comic Con this weekend, planing getting a bunch of signatures and whatnot. Dan DiDio will be there. Anything you guys want me to ask him?

What I'll be asking:

Waid Flash omnibus?
    Why were the Sandman Mystery Theatre trades cancelled?
    Where's the rest of Johns JL in omnibus books?
    Absolute Transmet 3?
    Definitely ask about T-met but I'm curious about a fourth Flash omnibus by Johns. Heck it could even include Flashpoint.